S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Another AEM FIC user

Old 05-27-2009, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another AEM FIC user

Hey guys just figured id give you my opinion of the aem fic. I purchased it with a plug and play harness so install couldnt have been much easier. Pushed the start button and the car fired right up. Resized the injectors set timing to -.7 degrees per psi and began some noob tuning. The car idles pretty darn well but I only have 550 cc injectors. As far as tuning goes its pretty easy with about an hour of pulling on the streets I have a descent fuel map still needs work though. I was suprised at how easy it was to use. So far I give it two thumbs up and I think it would be great for someone running low to moderate boost levels and arent ready to hop into a standalone yet .

For all of you tuners I have a question. How much timing do you suggest I remove per psi with a vortech at 10 psi. I believe I read with a 7 psi pulley the vortech kit only removes 3 degrees so is taking out 7 degrees for a 10 psi way over kill? I know I gotta check knock and get on a dyno but im just looking for some pointers.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:32 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im guessing you have a MY01 and are using the 1912 version FIC with the boomslang PNP?

Do you get rough acceleratoin or mild hops in the 4-5k rpm range under partial throttle and high gear?

I have to find the link, but there are afew of us who have not perfected this thing yet.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:33 PM
Banned

Here it is

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...=493872&st=175
Old 05-27-2009, 04:35 PM

You have to tune your ignition timing while keeping an eye on the KCS (knock controll system) Feed back or knock count if you will. Sometimes a broad base map pulling of the timing is the easiest way simply because there might be knock in hot enviromental conditions but if the enviroment changes the map will not counter act accordingly. Monitoring the knock count in different conditions to verify if the current timing is safe will take time and attention and use of sub tables such as Ait and coolant temp tables to properly get a well rounded map. Auto manufactures spend countless hours getting this right and checking variables in temp controlled dyno cells.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:08 PM

Thanks for the link kyushin and yes its a 1912 with boomslang. I havent noticed anything like that yet but I will def keep my eyes open. One thing I have noticed is my vtec now kicks in way harder almost like it is na again. With the vortech electronics I barely felt it with the fic it kicks in very hard I assume this just has to do with my tune.

Thanks natural I know alot of things go into tuning a car and tuning it correctly. I am a complete noob with tuning but I would like to learn a little and get a pretty good safe tune until I take it to a pro. So I was just hoping for pointers on a nice safe number to start off with.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by s2000isu,May 27 2009, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the link kyushin and yes its a 1912 with boomslang. I havent noticed anything like that yet but I will def keep my eyes open. One thing I have noticed is my vtec now kicks in way harder almost like it is na again. With the vortech electronics I barely felt it with the fic it kicks in very hard I assume this just has to do with my tune.

Thanks natural I know alot of things go into tuning a car and tuning it correctly. I am a complete noob with tuning but I would like to learn a little and get a pretty good safe tune until I take it to a pro. So I was just hoping for pointers on a nice safe number to start off with.
Whats your setup btw, Vortec Kit I assume? So looks like you removed the esm and fpr?
Old 05-27-2009, 05:53 PM

I am running a vortech kit with a 10 psi pulley and 550cc rc injectors. I removed the fpr and the esm.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by s2000isu,May 27 2009, 08:53 PM
I am running a vortech kit with a 10 psi pulley and 550cc rc injectors. I removed the fpr and the esm.
Ahh ok, one local tuner told me he believes the hiccup I am getting is related to the esm and FPR conflicting with the FIC so maybe thats the case after all! Im very tempted to get some 550cc injectors and a retune and if that clears up the trouble spot, this will be a very nice piggy!

There was one guy who said he got some horrible fuel wash that blew his motor... maybe a pro can tune in and say if somethign like this was the fault of the FIC or the tune in the box?
Old 05-27-2009, 06:33 PM

Sounds like he didnt know what he was doing and he didnt watch his wideband.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:46 PM
Banned

One problem im having is I have tried to use the bypass harness, and when doin this the car idles like shit. I plug the FIC back in and all is well. I wonder why this is happening?

Quick Reply: Another AEM FIC user