S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Forcedbird's PTuning, Kpro Build Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 05:06 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

says online they make their oil pumps stuff like that...

http://world.honda.com/group/Manufacturing/
[/quote]

cool.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:45 AM

So I have been up thinking about this last night. At first I wasn't sure where I wanted to go with this install. Meaning how much power do I want to make. I do want to keep the head, headgasket, and engine internals stock. But seeing that some people on here is making 580 WHP on a stock engine w/meth injection, I had the itch and I wanted to get there too. Yesterday morning I started doing research on meth injection, but then after reading this:

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/947...00whp-is-safe/

I started to change my mind.

Sata3000 you posted in that thread that you blew your trans doing a WOT pull in 2nd gear, w/ 475whp 321 tq. Our kits when pushed are too powerful for our cars w/o drivetrain mods. Man, this PTuning kit is TOO good .

Since my goal is to also track the car I should probably be more realistic in the usable WHP with the stock drivetrain so that I am not breaking down after a few runs at the track. Metros maybe you can give me some insight into this?

Before I was thinking about upgrading to:

1) Aftermarket fuel rail

2) Adjustable FPR

3) 340 LPH Full Blown or Areomotive Fuel pump

4) Rewiring my fuel pump

5) Meth/water injection

to push the envelop with the stock internals.

Now I am thinking along the lines 400-450 WHP. Do you guys think that is safe for the drivetrain if I track the car?

I purchased the PTuning fueling kit w/ ID1000 injectors and walbro 255lph. So if I want to stay within the 400-450 WHP range is the stock fuel rail, stock fuel pressure regulator, and 255 walbro enough to safely reach my goals?

Should I at least rewire the walbro to the battery? Or is that not necessary?

I'd like to air on the side of safety but with your help I'd also like to adhere to the KISS (keep it simple) method into this build.

It would if great if O'brien, anyone at PTuning, or anyone with any insight chime in.

Thanks,
-Kashain
Old 04-28-2012, 06:00 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Forcedbird
I purchased the PTuning fueling kit w/ ID1000 injectors and walbro 255lph. So if I want to stay within the 400-450 WHP range is the stock fuel rail, stock fuel pressure regulator, and 255 walbro enough to safely reach my goals?
Yes. You can rewire the Walbro for a little extra insurance and to quiet it down, but it is not 100% necessary.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are fine with that fuel setup. I ran that and more power than you are looking for for over a year.

Sent using free Tapatalk - Android FTW
Old 04-28-2012, 10:02 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

To get your power levels (4-450) the 1000ID injectors and 255 walbro will work. However, if I was going to do it again I would get the aeromotive 340 pump. Walbro do fail and they're noisy. The aeromotive IMHO would be a little extra safety.

Tracking the car - How much experience do you have? If you have little to no experience then 4-450rwhp is going to be a handful and more than enough. If you have a lot of experience and plan on running r-comps then you can increase power, but you're going to increase chances of failure as well. I have around 6 events under my belt and had a lot of fun with the PTuning kit on track. Admittidely I wasn't using the full potential of the power level. My experience level and street tires were the limiting factors there. But it was a completely different car in the power department. No drama with passing cars anymore, just a little extra throttle.

The good thing about tracking your car is the shock levels to the drivetrain are significantly lower than say drag racing. On road course you're trying to smooth every input to the vehicle to maintain the balance of the car.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by metros
To get your power levels (4-450) the 1000ID injectors and 255 walbro will work. However, if I was going to do it again I would get the aeromotive 340 pump. Walbro do fail and they're noisy. The aeromotive IMHO would be a little extra safety.

Tracking the car - How much experience do you have? If you have little to no experience then 4-450rwhp is going to be a handful and more than enough. If you have a lot of experience and plan on running r-comps then you can increase power, but you're going to increase chances of failure as well. I have around 6 events under my belt and had a lot of fun with the PTuning kit on track. Admittidely I wasn't using the full potential of the power level. My experience level and street tires were the limiting factors there. But it was a completely different car in the power department. No drama with passing cars anymore, just a little extra throttle.

The good thing about tracking your car is the shock levels to the drivetrain are significantly lower than say drag racing. On road course you're trying to smooth every input to the vehicle to maintain the balance of the car.
Metros,

I don't have any track experience. I am willing to take my time and learns slowly.

What are your performance mods besides the PTuning kit? Do you have a build thread? What are your power numbers (WHP & TQ)?
Old 04-28-2012, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice choice in kit, i did 418whp 336trq on 12psi gtx30r(06 s2 hondata flashpro)on a dyno jet with a jeff evans etune!evans said make sure to use fail safe if i decided go meth, im going to get tune on e-85 by summer hopping to get close to max out turbo on factory engine.... also i'd get the full blown 340lph pump its quite 255 hums i hated it..post numbers when you get it tuned....
Old 04-28-2012, 10:45 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Forcedbird
Metros,

I don't have any track experience. I am willing to take my time and learns slowly.

What are your performance mods besides the PTuning kit? Do you have a build thread? What are your power numbers (WHP & TQ)?
The PTuning turbo kit was all of my performance mods. I was putting down 422rwhp and 304-309tq. I was running KW v3 coilovers, track capable brakes, and a nice set of mugen seats. However, I actually sold my car to switch to another car I've always wanted. I picked up an exceptionally clean rx7 with LS1. I'm still working on getting this car track ready. I need a sponsor

You can still learn how to drive with the PTuning turbo kit. But you need to realize that the car with the kit will be a lot to handle. If you attempt to drive beyond your skill level you'll end up learning a lesson. Practice being extremely smooth with throttle/brake inputs.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by metros
Originally Posted by Forcedbird' timestamp='1335636804' post='21651435
[quote name='metros' timestamp='1335636121' post='21651415']
Metros,

The PTuning turbo kit was all of my performance mods. I was putting down 422rwhp and 304-309tq. I was running KW v3 coilovers, track capable brakes, and a nice set of mugen seats. However, I actually sold my car to switch to another car I've always wanted. I picked up an exceptionally clean rx7 with LS1. I'm still working on getting this car track ready. I need a sponsor

You can still learn how to drive with the PTuning turbo kit. But you need to realize that the car with the kit will be a lot to handle. If you attempt to drive beyond your skill level you'll end up learning a lesson. Practice being extremely smooth with throttle/brake inputs.
[/quote]

I am one to have a lot of patience. Can't I track my car in a beginner class? A few years back I rode with and instructor at Watkins Glen in a CTS-V. If anyone wanted to pass the car in front of them, the forward car had to give them a hand signal as to where it was ok for them to pass.

I plan on having a feather lite foot at first
Old 04-30-2012, 12:44 PM

So I just bolted the turbo to the exhaust manifold. It is advised on here to upgrade the exhaust manifold studs to the ARP part # 400-8012 Honda S2000 ARP Exhaust Manifold Stud kit.

So I just ordered that ARP kit and the Full Blown 340 Fuel pump from LJ over @ Full Blown.

While I was torquing down the exhaust manifold nuts onto the head yesterday, I had to fabricate my own torque adaptor to attach to the 12mm crow foot to torque the bottom bolts. This ARP kit coms with 12pt nuts. I am not sure how I am going to torque these down. I think I have to fabricate a 12 pt crow foot.

Quick Reply: Forcedbird's PTuning, Kpro Build Thread