S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Fuel injector choice

Old 05-18-2017, 12:39 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Does anyone run FICs? They are a fair amount cheaper than IDs in comparable sizes.
Old 05-23-2017, 05:11 PM

Received 61 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by markforrester99
I ended up opting for the ID1050x injectors. They are on special order over in the UK to get hold of them but hopefully have them within a month or so. I have only read good things about them so far and apparently they have better lower pulse width performance than ID1000's which is a bonus.
Lol I could have had them to you the same week most likely, but as long as you are supporting our vendors fine by me! You are about to have your eyes opened.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:24 AM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

I would of brought direct from the US but if things did go sour for whatever reason being a few 1000 miles from the vendor can make things difficult to resolve. Plus there is also the issue of exchange rate and the fact that import tax can be a massive pain.

I have got them from a company called TarmacSportz in the UK and they have always been good to me in the past with accurate estimations in terms of delivery times. I'm not in a massive rush but it will be nice to get the car mapped up so that i can turn the idle down a substantial amount. Its funny how such a small issue like idle speed can piss you off but its been getting on my nerves for 12 months now.

HatrickStu i assume you work for ID. What persuaded me to go with your injectors was the speed academy video of your production facility, it was good to see a no bullshit explanation of what you do and that gave me confidence in your products.
Old 05-24-2017, 05:30 AM

I would of brought direct from the US but if things did go sour for whatever reason being a few 1000 miles from the vendor can make things difficult to resolve. Plus there is also the issue of exchange rate and the fact that import tax can be a massive pain.

I have got them from a company called TarmacSportz in the UK and they have always been good to me in the past with accurate estimations in terms of delivery times. I'm not in a massive rush but it will be nice to get the car mapped up so that i can turn the idle down a substantial amount. Its funny how such a small issue like idle speed can piss you off but its been getting on my nerves for 12 months now.

HatrickStu i assume you work for ID. What persuaded me to go with your injectors was the speed academy video of your production facility, it was good to see a no bullshit explanation of what you do and that gave me confidence in your products.
All good man!

I am the Project Manager at T1 Race Development. We handle all of the ID sales, support, advertising, etc. What you see is what you get with us; glad you switched over. Report back with your findings
Old 05-24-2017, 10:55 AM

We released our filter today

ID F750 Fuel Filter - Injector Dynamics
Old 06-13-2017, 12:34 PM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Right the box showed up today and the injectors were duly fitted.

The Deatschwerks 800cc were duly removed and the various spacers and rubber washers fitted into the inlet manifold. I was confused for a while about how the injectors actually seal on the inlet manifold. There is an O-ring fitted to the injectors but i know with the ID1000 people had previously used the stock cushions as well as the ID o-ring. Anyway i binned the OEM cushions and all the fuel rail spacers and pushed the injectors into the rail and fitted them to the inlet manifold. As i tightened the whole lot down the injectors seated up nicely against the inlet manifold holes. Started the car up and no leaks.

I was tempted to use the AEM wizard to re calibrate the injectors but i couldn't be arsed as it assumed alot that both types of injector will have a linear flow. I just trimmed the fuel back at idle and made a guess at how much to remove from the whole map. I got pretty close within 5% and got the map to where i was happy with it.

Initial impressions of the injectors is that they are great at low pulse widths so i can now idle at 1000rpm with a perfect 14.7 AFR with only 1.4ms of pulse width. When easing the throttle down before sometimes the car would buck and hesitate. I had tried to tune this out time and time again with no results but as soon as i fitted the ID1050X the transition on light throttles were 10x smoother. Car feels very quick tonight but not sure if thats just me thinking its quick or whether it is actually quicker. It pulls nice and smooth throughout the rev range.

Hatrickstu : Very impressed with the injectors and their performance
Old 06-13-2017, 12:58 PM

Right the box showed up today and the injectors were duly fitted.

The Deatschwerks 800cc were duly removed and the various spacers and rubber washers fitted into the inlet manifold. I was confused for a while about how the injectors actually seal on the inlet manifold. There is an O-ring fitted to the injectors but i know with the ID1000 people had previously used the stock cushions as well as the ID o-ring. Anyway i binned the OEM cushions and all the fuel rail spacers and pushed the injectors into the rail and fitted them to the inlet manifold. As i tightened the whole lot down the injectors seated up nicely against the inlet manifold holes. Started the car up and no leaks.

I was tempted to use the AEM wizard to re calibrate the injectors but i couldn't be arsed as it assumed alot that both types of injector will have a linear flow. I just trimmed the fuel back at idle and made a guess at how much to remove from the whole map. I got pretty close within 5% and got the map to where i was happy with it.

Initial impressions of the injectors is that they are great at low pulse widths so i can now idle at 1000rpm with a perfect 14.7 AFR with only 1.4ms of pulse width. When easing the throttle down before sometimes the car would buck and hesitate. I had tried to tune this out time and time again with no results but as soon as i fitted the ID1050X the transition on light throttles were 10x smoother. Car feels very quick tonight but not sure if thats just me thinking its quick or whether it is actually quicker. It pulls nice and smooth throughout the rev range.

Hatrickstu : Very impressed with the injectors and their performance
Awesome man!!! Glad to hear its all working as expected.
Old 06-13-2017, 01:01 PM

For anyone else in Europe who is looking for a stocking master dealer, Frank and the guys over at BTN Performance are our first MWD account over there. Give them a holler!

High performance turbos, accessories and more | BTN Performance
Old 06-15-2017, 06:10 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
ID2000s seem to idle best at 13.7 on stock idle.
what pumps are you running? is the 2200 stainless?
Old 06-16-2017, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by c_me_go
what pumps are you running? is the 2200 stainless?
Noone makes a fully stainless steel internal 2,200cc injector.

Quick Reply: Fuel injector choice