S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

THE OFFICIAL: WATER/METHANOL INJECTION Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 03:20 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by E4RTH WORM JIM
I don't want to run anymore boost and don't need anymore power really. The stock trans already is struggling to cope and I've snapped more drive shafts than I can remember.

The only reason I want it is to reduce AIT's when on the track
Sure I understand. Run 50/50 ratio and largest 550cc injector to achieve your goal. Leave standard good timing for the boost your running and run again on the dyno before injecting to get another base on your current fuel tune, make sure thats optimum around 12:5.1 AFR lean safest, (12:1 conservative) and then start introducing the injection and see where your fuel tune changes to. You likely will see it drop to around 11.5. as long as you dont lose any power thats probably good to just leave there with no real fuel tuning other then maybe some minor tweaks around where you are pre/post injecting. But this is with the assumption of best case scenario with proper no lag injection. With a single port (which is designed for cooling not power) uneven cylinder distribution does occur so making sure your fuel tune is safe/lean best without it will insure your motor stays together should the injection fail. You are just getting the gravy from it. That's the philosophy/expectation you should tune with for safety/cooling benefit.
Old 04-15-2017, 05:51 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Sounds shite, really hope this isnt the case!

By its design I imagine you're right. I'll see what the logs say once installed. I'm only using it for cooling.

If only using it for cooling, a remap isn't required is it?...or is the the AFR effected by the meth?

It's not garbage. Calling it that is just foolish. But some people are just that, foolish.

We made 700whp with that controller and 93 octane for a long time with no issues whatsoever.
Old 04-16-2017, 04:17 AM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

6 year argument .....

I was hoping on only using the small nozzle to pull 20'c from the intake charge and hopefullly not have to re-tune, that way I could of only used it on Trackday's without having to swop tunes.... looks like that's not the case then

More tuning £££

Last edited by E4RTH WORM JIM; 04-16-2017 at 04:20 AM.
Old 04-16-2017, 11:12 AM
Community Organizer

6 year argument .....

I was hoping on only using the small nozzle to pull 20'c from the intake charge and hopefullly not have to re-tune, that way I could of only used it on Trackday's without having to swop tunes.... looks like that's not the case then

More tuning £££
I know, its a stupid argument, the guy above could make 750whp without any meth, so whats the point in arguing, not like he would notice any deficits in delay running 1/4 runs where you are on the gas 100% out of the hole, and pump once spools never stops injecting until done with the 1/4 run. He obviously "lives his life 1/4 mile at a time bro" lol If the guy actually had real world street and road course experience on/off the gas and moving up and down through gears etc where your actually "driving" the car with the controller, having it trying to keep up and follow these actions, he would understand what the problem is. Somehow he thinks this is a pissing contest because he makes a lot of hp and therefore knows best, which really has no relevance. I hope the Version 2 corrected the problem for you, but if not at least you are aware and can wire in different to your ems as I mentioned previously.

Anyway enough of that, what you could do is try the Med nozzle and data log your afr as well as IAT and see how those are effected and then try the big nozzle. Your only adding safety margin here, enriching the fuel, so as long as you are not running pig rich/fuel washing, you shouldn't need to retune. You should be able to get a grasp of how the nozzle size are effecting your IAT as well and so then decide which you want to run. Your going to get more benefit with the bigger 550cc nozzle on track, but you need to make sure you have enough fluid supply/tank size to get you through your 20-30min sessions. You will run though it quicker the more you inject.

Last edited by s2000Junky; 04-16-2017 at 11:21 AM.
Old 04-16-2017, 12:22 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

A lot of assumptions in your long winded response.
Old 04-16-2017, 12:24 PM

last paragraph (Junky)

Thats what I plan on doing. Thanks for the advice, much appreciated. I'll get some logs posted of the nozzles sizes vs AFR & AIT's.

Keep the thread moving and all..

Last edited by E4RTH WORM JIM; 04-16-2017 at 03:26 PM.
Old 07-10-2017, 01:30 PM

So fitted my water meth kit, but haven't had chance to test it as I've blown my diff and I'm getting a replacement built by puddymod.

But here's my install so far.

Just need my new diff and SOS TB to arrive and I'm off!

Last edited by E4RTH WORM JIM; 07-10-2017 at 01:34 PM.
Old 07-13-2017, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me know how this works out..... Iv been considering it but not sure I trust it to make power. Sounds good for cooling though.

Im curious if power can be made just by having a cooler charge
Old 07-13-2017, 11:43 AM
Community Organizer

There is several variables with getting the expected results from injecting water/meth. % amount of mix between the two, the nozzle size, the location of where the injector nozzle/s is and consistency in all the above lending to a sound tune to capitalize on those things. But yes there can be a residual effect of simply spraying to increase power from the denser cooler charge. The safe approach is of course to spray with that in mind, to simply lower IAT and gather some of the benefits of that. As for tuning for power with aggressive timing, it can be done successfully and has been, but you need to be experienced enough in the more finite details of my previous list above wile also incorporating a fail safe such as boost dump or timing retard should there be a injection failure. Its all possible and set up right, water/meth injection can offer very much the same power yield as E85 or race fuel without their drawbacks. You also get the added benefit of steam cleaning your top end keeping things in top shape/deposit free.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:08 PM

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Clean install, hope it runs good for you

Quick Reply: THE OFFICIAL: WATER/METHANOL INJECTION Thread