Oil cooler for SOS Supercharger - Page 2 - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > Special Interest > S2000 Forced Induction
Reload this Page >

Oil cooler for SOS Supercharger

Notices
S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.
Sponsored by:

Oil cooler for SOS Supercharger

Old 12-11-2018, 06:29 AM
  #11  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 142
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Wow...that bracket kit looks fantastic! Considering getting that to move my oil cooler so I can get a bigger heat exchanger. I wonder if the cooling is as effective as having it in the front though.
tut4u2 is offline  
Old 12-11-2018, 06:48 AM
  #12  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 6,863
Thanks: 0
Thanked 27 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by tut4u2 View Post
Wow...that bracket kit looks fantastic! Considering getting that to move my oil cooler so I can get a bigger heat exchanger. I wonder if the cooling is as effective as having it in the front though.
cutout the fake bumper vent? Add some louvers in the wheel arch liner? Add an electric fan?
starchland is offline  
Old 12-11-2018, 08:18 AM
  #13  
 
hecash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: West of Chi., IL
Posts: 9,068
Thanked 29 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by har-vey View Post
The kit locates the cooler under the headlight so that you have the shortest hoses possible to reduce pressure loss and also not to stack in front of the rad.
I have 3" brake ducts running from the bumper to the he wheel well. Does that leave enough space to use this cooler? I already have one but yours is bigger and I'm reluctant to go bigger in front of the radiator.


hecash is offline  
Old 12-12-2018, 12:11 AM
  #14  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bidford on Avon
Posts: 987
Thanked 40 Times in 36 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Kyle View Post


Oh man, that is awesome. It specifically states RHD. I couldn’t see anything being different for a left though. If it’ll fit a lhd I’ll be ordering one ASAP
Sorry for the confusion, there is no reason at all it wont fit on a LHD car. The description is trying to explain that it sits below the driver headlight on a RHD car so on a LHD car it will fit under the passenger light! Hope that clears it up for you. If you want one shipped outside of the UK send me an message on the website and i can get a shipping quote for you.
har-vey is offline  
Old 12-12-2018, 12:13 AM
  #15  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bidford on Avon
Posts: 987
Thanked 40 Times in 36 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by hecash View Post
I have 3" brake ducts running from the bumper to the he wheel well. Does that leave enough space to use this cooler? I already have one but yours is bigger and I'm reluctant to go bigger in front of the radiator.

Difficult to say, depends where the air duct is located. I run the smaller of the two coolers on our car with an intercooler pipe running alongside so there is a chance you could make it work.
har-vey is offline  
Old 12-12-2018, 12:16 AM
  #16  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bidford on Avon
Posts: 987
Thanked 40 Times in 36 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by starchland View Post

cutout the fake bumper vent? Add some louvers in the wheel arch liner? Add an electric fan?
Yes we recommend cutting the fake bumper vent out and for maximum effect creating a flow path through the wheel arch liner.
har-vey is offline  


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands