S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

OK, I am SATISFIED.

Old 06-18-2014, 12:42 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Only had hunting idle on I'd 2000s. Has to increase timing in idle tables to overcome it. Your Injectors Should Not Hunt period.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 06-18-2014, 12:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Couple points:

#1: Stop running to the interwebs, 2nd guessing someone and basically runnin' yer mouth before you talk to them and voice your concerns, first. Your car needs street tuning, ok cool...call the dude and tell him you need some more street tuning and explain the issues and where. He probably would have fixed you up...you didn't have to come on here (first) like you did.

#2: Riceball777 was right about the idle tuning...you can't just focus on numbers and be sooooo attached to the Lambda. Some injectors don't LIKE to idle at 14.7:1...that's retarded to think, and it's prob a big reason for the idle surging you have. Injector PW is more telling, whats your idle PW?

More than likely you got a base-map copied from a similar car he had done, then dyno'd...but never really touched the vacuum portion. In order to get it perfectly crispy you gotta try to touch all the spots on the fuel map...the only way to really do that is real world conditions. A dyno can get you pretty damn close tho.
Old 06-18-2014, 01:01 PM

Received 122 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Suprdave
Couple points:

#1: Stop running to the interwebs, 2nd guessing someone and basically runnin' yer mouth before you talk to them and voice your concerns, first. Your car needs street tuning, ok cool...call the dude and tell him you need some more street tuning and explain the issues and where. He probably would have fixed you up...you didn't have to come on here (first) like you did.
This will be his third time visiting this tuner...

#2: Riceball777 was right about the idle tuning...you can't just focus on numbers and be sooooo attached to the Lambda. Some injectors don't LIKE to idle at 14.7:1...that's retarded to think, and it's prob a big reason for the idle surging you have. Injector PW is more telling, whats your idle PW?
Crappy injectors, or VERY large injectors (or large injectors that need lower than an ECU-set minimum IDC) will have issues with idling rich. When you have sloppy injectors, they are difficult to control. ID725's do not fall in that boat... ID2000's (on E85) have shown to idle nicely at ~14.7:1 on the last Subaru I used them on (without lowering the minimum IDC). In addition, if your latency is off to begin with, anything less than WOT is going to be screwy.

More than likely you got a base-map copied from a similar car he had done, then dyno'd...but never really touched the vacuum portion. In order to get it perfectly crispy you gotta try to touch all the spots on the fuel map...the only way to really do that is real world conditions. A dyno can get you pretty damn close tho.
Regardless, the car should not have been sent on its way like that.
Old 06-18-2014, 01:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

725 shouldn't have any idle problems...something has to be really off, lol. like the dead times wrong or something...

Sounds like the car is running like crap...I wouldn't leave until it's running right. Sounds more like laziness than anything.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:08 PM

Received 423 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by Kermdaddy
This running on the TVS900?

Yes. Just went standalone and getting bugs worked out.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:20 AM

Received 423 Likes on 298 Posts

Back from the tuner all (most) is well. Fixed some cells, no charge works 100% better.

Still a couple quirks but things I can live with until I do an exhaust and go in for some more fine tuning.

Idles where it should and cruises where it should. Boosts very well.

If Camuman reads this maybe you can chime in, it has a couple quirks that I think are related in how the roots blower quickly transitions from bypass(vacuum) to boost. It will ride the edge sometimes I think when cruising in low rpm and not quite lugging but running 2600-2800 rpm. The vacuum reading flutters all over the place and I think this is the bypass actuator sort of stuggling between opening and closing when there is not quite enough throttle to create boost. Don't know if you ran into what I am talking about Camumnan but maybe you have a tip for what you did with yours. They uses these blowers as oem and get them to work smoothly so there must be some trick to it.

The only other thing is we leaned out some cells to make the cruising on the freeway normal and so if you are doing about 65 in 6th with the cruise on and the RPM is at 3000 it will stay normal AFR. But now if you have the cruise on in a lower gear dong say 47-50 in fifth, light load will make it go to 17 AFR. Have to get that worked out in the future but you either have the choice between light load cruising in 6th at 3000 being very rich, or light load cruising in 5th at 3000 rpm being lean. Same rpm, same kind of load, different gear gear will either produce normal/lean or rich/normal. Gonna have to find a happy median. He showed me the tune tables a bit so I think I could do a little bit of street tweaking and see if I can smooth out that area a little.

But I am pleased, and it was for the most part, fixed to my satisfaction. I think the problem was that the second time it went in they street tuned with the AC on and the idle a little rich, and then with the AC off it was a whole different set of conditions that were not looked at.