S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Possible Bad Tune or Other?

Old 10-14-2010, 09:56 PM
t0m

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible Bad Tune or Other?

Pasted from Under the Hood section.

Okay, so last week I had my Greddy Turbo kit installed and went to the tuner for a tune. The car kept running too rich and fouling 4 sets of plugs. The tuner noticed that no matter what changes he did to the fuel map the ECU would adjust and keep adding more fuel. After looking at the harness he noticed that it was wired wrong between the ECU and Greddy Emanage Ultimate and that the TPS wiring was messing things up. After it was fixed the car ran perfect for an untuned car and the tuning began. After a few pulls he couldn't get it past 6K RPMs because as soon as VTEC kicked in (yo) boost would jump from 8PSI to 20PSI. By this time it was late into the night and the tuner wasn't able to complete the tune. The tune was postponed until he was next available which was 3 days later. It turns out that there was a hole in the vacuum line to the waste gate. And on my way back to the tuner a coolant line busted. I looked at it and the line was so stretched that they had to use aluminum hose clamps to keep it on. After it was replaced I got the car on the dyno and began to tune it. Everything went perfectly. Car tuned and I drove it home.

This was on Tuesday. I drove it today to run some quick errands. On the way out everything was fine. I didn't push it hard, maybe only 2 or 3lbs of boost every once in a while and I didn't even past 6K RPMs. Got my errands done and on my way home it stalled out of the parking lot. I thought it was pretty weird and just started it and continued down the street to a stop light, stalled again. I looked at it and was confused. Started it and it idled perfectly, I continued down the road and came to another stop light. I clutch and shit to neutral to coast to a stop, RPMs dropped and stalled while rolling. I started it and it idled fine. I did this about 4 times before getting to my house and I even stalled in my driveway waiting for my garage door to open.

I pop the hood and noticed that the coolant was about a 1/4 inch from the MAX line so I fill it up. Checked the oil and it was plenty in there. The MAP was a little loose so I zip-tied it.

I read another post exhibiting the same issues indicating it was crankwalk. But the only difference was he had a stock car and I had just gotten a tune done. The test drive after the tune it had stalled a few times but I figured because the guy didn't know how to drive my car. After he got out and I drove, everything was fine. Drove it home and it was smooth and it's been sitting in my garage for a day until today when I had to do some stuff.

What can I do to verify if it is crankwalk or a bad tune?

Also there's a CEL for P1259. Checked out the CEL thread and says it's a VTEC malfunction? Any more than just that?