S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

PTUNING S2000 turbo system re-release

Old 03-17-2017, 05:40 PM

Received 102 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by E4RTH WORM JIM
Yeah I thought about you when scrolling down the thread...... I just can't be assed to do it all again!

Just DO it!
Old 03-19-2017, 01:01 PM

The first post has been updated, the Gen 2 turbochargers are an option now!

gtx3076 gen 2 is up 110hp from the older gtx3076 gen 1!

Last edited by RAIN H8R; 03-19-2017 at 01:05 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:24 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm down to buy this kit. Perfect timing since I am getting my short block built up by InlinePro. I should be putting up my SOS S/C up for sale soon.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by soulicious
I'm down to buy this kit. Perfect timing since I am getting my short block built up by InlinePro. I should be putting up my SOS S/C up for sale soon.
Excellent, another long time SC guy switching to this kit!
Old 03-20-2017, 08:35 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Such a hard decision. I've been on a trouble free SOS kit making 420 for three years. I'd like more power, but am worried about the reliability and heat soaking. I realize this is one of the best if not best turbo kits in terms or reliability, but how does that compare in terms to the reliability of the SOS S/C kit.

I've been helping a friend get his custom turbo kit on the road lately and it has been one trouble after another.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:55 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Oh hell. I'm glad I can't buy this, because if I still had my SC setup I'd sell it off and buy this in a heartbeat. That GTX3076R Gen 2... its a no-brainer on the kit.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by rmerchant3
Such a hard decision. I've been on a trouble free SOS kit making 420 for three years. I'd like more power, but am worried about the reliability and heat soaking. I realize this is one of the best if not best turbo kits in terms or reliability, but how does that compare in terms to the reliability of the SOS S/C kit.

I've been helping a friend get his custom turbo kit on the road lately and it has been one trouble after another.
I am similiar to you, SOS/CTSC SC power for over 8 years, in addition I had the SOS TS MAXX Turbo kit for a short time (because I didn't choose this kit at the time). You will never be able to match the reliability of the SOS SC kit, its just a fact. More parts required to make a turbo kit function properly so you have more items that could fail. But, they are using the best turbo brand in Garret, and the hot side parts are very nice too. As far as your friends turbo kit, don't let that scare you away from this kit. Most aftermarket turbo kits are not complete, they leave some of the work up to the customer to figure out. In addition, most kits have fitment issues and unfortunately that has become the standard for most aftermarket turbo kits available for the S2000 and even other cars. I have noticed most people do not care about fitment and only about if it will work, hence why you see a lot of turbo kit options for the S2000. If you have seen a lot of turbo kits in person you will quickly realize the shenanigans required to make those kits work on the S2000 (removing/relocating AC components, relocating the oil filter assembly, bizarre oil or coolant line routing, removing or modifying the chassis brace in front of the engine, and the list goes on and on).

The PTuning kit is 100% complete and includes full and complete directions. The kit does not require irreversible modifications to the car. In short, the kit is for owners who want OEM+ quality, excellent throttle response (the best out of all turbo kits available), over engineering, turbo efficiency, and many other things. You will not get horrible heat soak like other kits, mainly due to the low mounted turbocharger. Reliability, this is going to be the most reliable option for a S2000 turbo kit, not as reliable as a supercharger, but still nearly just as good if the kit is installed 100% correctly. I still feel that anyone who wants to turbocharger a non factory turbo car needs to be mechanically inclined, or willing to deal with small hiccups from time to time.

I could go a lot deeper into discussing why the Ptuning kit is so efficient and well engineered, but that would need to be another post.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

That 3582 sure is looking great.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:02 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by RAIN H8R
I am similiar to you, SOS/CTSC SC power for over 8 years, in addition I had the SOS TS MAXX Turbo kit for a short time (because I didn't choose this kit at the time). You will never be able to match the reliability of the SOS SC kit, its just a fact. More parts required to make a turbo kit function properly so you have more items that could fail. But, they are using the best turbo brand in Garret, and the hot side parts are very nice too. As far as your friends turbo kit, don't let that scare you away from this kit. Most aftermarket turbo kits are not complete, they leave some of the work up to the customer to figure out. In addition, most kits have fitment issues and unfortunately that has become the standard for most aftermarket turbo kits available for the S2000 and even other cars. I have noticed most people do not care about fitment and only about if it will work, hence why you see a lot of turbo kit options for the S2000. If you have seen a lot of turbo kits in person you will quickly realize the shenanigans required to make those kits work on the S2000 (removing/relocating AC components, relocating the oil filter assembly, bizarre oil or coolant line routing, removing or modifying the chassis brace in front of the engine, and the list goes on and on).

The PTuning kit is 100% complete and includes full and complete directions. The kit does not require irreversible modifications to the car. In short, the kit is for owners who want OEM+ quality, excellent throttle response (the best out of all turbo kits available), over engineering, turbo efficiency, and many other things. You will not get horrible heat soak like other kits, mainly due to the low mounted turbocharger. Reliability, this is going to be the most reliable option for a S2000 turbo kit, not as reliable as a supercharger, but still nearly just as good if the kit is installed 100% correctly. I still feel that anyone who wants to turbocharger a non factory turbo car needs to be mechanically inclined, or willing to deal with small hiccups from time to time.

I could go a lot deeper into discussing why the Ptuning kit is so efficient and well engineered, but that would need to be another post.
What was it that you didn't like about the ts maxx kit?

I generally take overly drastic measures to increase the reliability of my s2000 when installing aftermarket parts. So I feel like any shortcomings could potentially be worked out before they happen.... Hopefully.

I'm thinking I'm going to go with this kit. Just need to sleep on it some more.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:06 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rmerchant3
What was it that you didn't like about the ts maxx kit?
LOL, are you really going to ask HIM that question?!? There's quite a lengthy thread on the topic as I recall.

Quick Reply: PTUNING S2000 turbo system re-release