S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

SC CR Track Car oiling help

Old 01-20-2018, 07:00 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default SC CR Track Car oiling help

Im planing my attacked on my track car build. It has an SOS kit with larger HX and I need help with oil: cooling and pressuring. I need some suggestions. I dont want to triple stack my oil cooler, HX, and rad. My options as I see them are:

1. Since I have the SBG AP Racing brake kit, SBG insists I dont need brake ducts. Im not sure how I feel about that cuz I think brake ducts are useful but if I ditched the brake ducts I can run an Evans intake on passenger side to get colder air and the oil cooler on the driver side. That would just leave the HX and rad upfront. I could tilt the HX if needed

2.Ditch the current oil cooler and run the brake ducts and the SBG/Mr. Sidways rad/oil cooler combo again leaving that and the HX up front

On top of this I want to run slicks on the car so Im planning an accusump. I know nothing about them to be honest lol but the battery is relocated in the cabin so I can mount it where the battery was? Any tips for planning an accusump?

Thanks for the help guys, only want to do this once so trying to sort it out now
Old 01-20-2018, 12:09 PM

Received 70 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by jdmdohcpower
Im planing my attacked on my track car build. It has an SOS kit with larger HX and I need help with oil: cooling and pressuring. I need some suggestions. I dont want to triple stack my oil cooler, HX, and rad. My options as I see them are:

1. Since I have the SBG AP Racing brake kit, SBG insists I dont need brake ducts. Im not sure how I feel about that cuz I think brake ducts are useful but if I ditched the brake ducts I can run an Evans intake on passenger side to get colder air and the oil cooler on the driver side. That would just leave the HX and rad upfront. I could tilt the HX if needed

2.Ditch the current oil cooler and run the brake ducts and the SBG/Mr. Sidways rad/oil cooler combo again leaving that and the HX up front

On top of this I want to run slicks on the car so Im planning an accusump. I know nothing about them to be honest lol but the battery is relocated in the cabin so I can mount it where the battery was? Any tips for planning an accusump?

Thanks for the help guys, only want to do this once so trying to sort it out now
I won't say anything about oil cooling method, but I'm a huge believer in brake ducts for the simple fact they increase pad and rotor life. Not using them is like burning up money. For cooling as a whole, air that goes in the front openings of the car has to go out somewhere. The easier you make it for the air to exit, the more airflow and therefore cooling you'll get = vented hood.

If you want colder air for the intake, you can do something similar to what I did:
Project S2000: Part 19 - Ram Air!!! Plus Hot Air Testing!

If you want to learn what's involved in installing an accusump:
Project V8 RX-7: More Oiling Insurance from Improved Racing, Accusump and Earl's (Part 1 of 2)
The following users liked this post:
KiNgKoNg723 (01-21-2018)
Old 01-20-2018, 06:26 PM

I'm in agreement. I think I would keep the brake ducts but what does that mean for oil cooling? Is the SBG rad and oil cooler a good solution?
Thanks for the link!
Old 01-23-2018, 06:47 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I triple stacked my coolers (actually 4X including A/C condenser) and use brake ducts as shown in this thread https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-fo...ctane-1126205/

I don't have any cooling issues even on 90 degree days on track.

Some have reported issues with this type of setup but in the end found that their A/C condenser fins were bent and restricted flow to the radiator. In a stock S2000, the A/C condenser is the first thing to catch rocks and bugs so it is susceptible to bent fins.
Old 01-23-2018, 07:40 AM

The issue is that the SOS HX is like a full size intercooler so it cant be flipped. Possibly v mounted like others have done