S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

TTS Race Kit Supercharger boost problem

Old 04-20-2017, 11:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TTS Race Kit Supercharger boost problem

Hi Guys ! hope everyone fine ! . Whel ... as someone knows me here im from argentina and my english its not good !

Well, I'm going to try to explain the problem I have . i rebuild my engine one month ago ... all OEM parts . the engine run flawless 240 compresion in 4 cylinders .

when i rebuild the engine decide to change the supercharger i have ( Kraftwerks V2 supercharger with c38-81 blower ) i was hitting 16 PSI and the car was really fast .. but i was tired to change belts , broken bolts etc.

so i move to the TTS Race Kit scence it have a better design ( in my opinion ) and run more smoother .- the kit came with c38-91 blower , bigger IC than kw kit and from what i read in TTS page and richard say it hits 16 -19 psi dependes on Sea level height .-

whel.. the day after we install the kit i go to the dyno and cant hit more than 12 PSI . the car feels slowly dont run violent like he do with the Kraftwerks kit .

so now i send email to richard asking if he is 100% sure he send me the smaller pulley to hit max boost.

we check ALL .blow off , all the hoses , the pippes , flanges . belt tension , all its good .

i have Brian Crower stage 2 cams , also ask richard if maybe the kit dont like these cams ... But I doubt it because with the Kraftwerks kit i was truning them and run flawless.-

so im stuck there dont know what to do guys....
My setup is :

TTS Race Kit c38-91 blower.-
BC stage 2 cams
BC head Package
PPR Titanium Valves
SOS Fuel return system with wiring kit
Aeromotive 340LHP pump
DW 1300 injectors
Js racing Header
Js racing 70RR headerback

any imput , help will be appreciated.-

Thanks guys !!

here some Pics of the berlina black

Old 04-20-2017, 11:11 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

how are you reading boost?
all vacuum lines are intact?
you check your BPV/BOV for possible leaking or spring isnt fitted for this pressure?
what engine management?
Old 04-20-2017, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Memo6453
how are you reading boost?
all vacuum lines are intact?
you check your BPV/BOV for possible leaking or spring isnt fitted for this pressure?
what engine management?
if you read bro i check all the vacuum lines , the bov two ! it has the red srping for more than 30 PSI fitted allright.

i use Hondata Flashpro , and read the boost in the dalatogs .-
Old 04-20-2017, 11:17 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

A bigger fmic will generally lose more pressure, but I'm not convinced that's the problem here since I know that TTS kit puts out. Hard to say. Belt slip is the first obvious thing, but sounds like you ruled that out. Pulley size is the other, but sounds like you ruled that out with Richard, so that leaves a boost leak somewhere. Fmic coupler? BOV?

Curious what your dyno numbers were with KW and what they are now?
Old 04-20-2017, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
A bigger fmic will generally lose more pressure, but I'm not convinced that's the problem here since I know that TTS kit puts out. Hard to say. Belt slip is the first obvious thing, but sounds like you ruled that out. Pulley size is the other, but sounds like you ruled that out with Richard, so that leaves a boost leak somewhere. Fmic coupler? BOV?

Curious what your dyno numbers were with KW and what they are now?
hi bro . whel.. all the race kit i see they hit 16 PSI minimun . belt slip its not possible since i double check and also in the datalogs the tuner dont see its sleeping .. my only concern is the pulley size ( im waiting for an email response from richard) . FMIC coupler and bov good.

i also ask richard if the brian crower cams are to big that dont allow the blower moves enought air .. but i dont think ... because is just the same blower than i was running with the kw kit .

i was making 480whp @16 PSI with thw kw kit.
with the tts with a horrible AFR and 12 psi make 455whp . so i have a good route when i fix these problem !
Old 04-20-2017, 12:14 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by Nik2k
hi bro . whel.. all the race kit i see they hit 16 PSI minimun . belt slip its not possible since i double check and also in the datalogs the tuner dont see its sleeping .. my only concern is the pulley size ( im waiting for an email response from richard) . FMIC coupler and bov good.

i also ask richard if the brian crower cams are to big that dont allow the blower moves enought air .. but i dont think ... because is just the same blower than i was running with the kw kit .

i was making 480whp @16 PSI with thw kw kit.
with the tts with a horrible AFR and 12 psi make 455whp . so i have a good route when i fix these problem !
I see. Well your dyno figures are good to know. In my experience 455whp is ridiculous power for only 12psi, which makes me now wondering if you might be getting a slight misreading on pressure. Assuming you are on the same dyno from previous set up, 480whp at 16psi is still a very strong yield for the pressure so I'm going to assume the dyno is a bit higher reading dyno then the standard Dynojet, which isn't important, but rather the delta between the two for troubleshooting sake. A "horrible" AFR as you put it, assuming too rich? Would have an impact on your output for sure. Even 25whp at peak is a possible loss if its rich enough, but I'm leaning towards the problem being too rich coupled with some boost loss combined. Both of those issues can come about from a boost leak, belt slip or even a bigger pulley for less psi with the old tune. Any number of possibilities. Confirming your pulley size for pressure expected with Richard is a good first step. You might just have a pulley that makes less boost then before. They are not cross compatible since the KW was a cogged system. Very likely could be a lack of communication somewhere on what you were expecting from TTS.
Old 04-20-2017, 12:58 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

What's your duty cycle on your injectors?
Old 04-20-2017, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
I see. Well your dyno figures are good to know. In my experience 455whp is ridiculous power for only 12psi, which makes me now wondering if you might be getting a slight misreading on pressure. Assuming you are on the same dyno from previous set up, 480whp at 16psi is still a very strong yield for the pressure so I'm going to assume the dyno is a bit higher reading dyno then the standard Dynojet, which isn't important, but rather the delta between the two for troubleshooting sake. A "horrible" AFR as you put it, assuming too rich? Would have an impact on your output for sure. Even 25whp at peak is a possible loss if its rich enough, but I'm leaning towards the problem being too rich coupled with some boost loss combined. Both of those issues can come about from a boost leak, belt slip or even a bigger pulley for less psi with the old tune. Any number of possibilities. Confirming your pulley size for pressure expected with Richard is a good first step. You might just have a pulley that makes less boost then before. They are not cross compatible since the KW was a cogged system. Very likely could be a lack of communication somewhere on what you were expecting from TTS.
thanks for your time bro . the dyno dont read high.. i have some other mods like... complete ported head , custom OEM intake manifold cuted and ported shorter runners and biggers. and 11.5 CR.

we just figure out that the wideband innovate was not calibrated so it was reading very wrong.. in the datalogs i have 11,8 AFR so its good .

i have to figue out the boost loose ... and im thinking if vtec isnt working cant be the problem the car its not fast enoguht than before and maybe can cause the boost loose.

i know the kits are not compatible... but i buy these kit thinking i will have more or the same boost with no problems with belt .
Old 04-20-2017, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by JUSTINTHECOASTIE
What's your duty cycle on your injectors?
75 %