S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Innovative transmission mount fitment question

Old 03-21-2015, 11:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Innovative transmission mount fitment question

I installed an innovative transmission mount yesterday but I have a question on the fitment. So the stock mount fits perfectly over the mounting points on the trans, however the innovative mount has about 3-4 mm of total play. I put a couple of the small washers (from the included hardware) between the trans and the mount on one side, which seemed to work after I tightened it all down. I'm wondering if this is correct though because now I only have six small washers left for the eight engine mount bolts. They already forgot to include the nuts for the trans bolts so Im thinking maybe they forgot to include two more washers too. If it's actually designed to have two washers on the inside then what's the point? Galvanic corrosion resistance?
Old 03-21-2015, 11:14 PM

Which innovative mounts did you get?
Old 03-23-2015, 08:47 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A complete and utter shite product, I will never buy anything from them again.

I purchased the engine mounts as a "cheaper" alternative to spoon. What a mistake that was.

1st issue: Not all bolts supplied which were meant to have been.
2nd issue: The OEM engine mount bolt lengths are too long to be used with the Innovative mounts, resulting in a pierced block. Really filled me with confidence.
Read here: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/932...-motor-mounts/
3rd issue: once installed the car was horrendous to drive, I mean totally undrivable, everything shaked.
4th Issue: their communication is shocking, and I mean shocking. You may as well try and talk to a brick wall, it will give you a better response.

I bit the bullet and bought spoon mounts after this bad experience. Worth every penny.

My experience will differ to others but be warned.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:49 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mikefifth
A complete and utter shite product, I will never buy anything from them again.

I purchased the engine mounts as a "cheaper" alternative to spoon. What a mistake that was.

1st issue: Not all bolts supplied which were meant to have been.
2nd issue: The OEM engine mount bolt lengths are too long to be used with the Innovative mounts, resulting in a pierced block. Really filled me with confidence.
Read here: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/932...-motor-mounts/
3rd issue: once installed the car was horrendous to drive, I mean totally undrivable, everything shaked.
4th Issue: their communication is shocking, and I mean shocking. You may as well try and talk to a brick wall, it will give you a better response.

I bit the bullet and bought spoon mounts after this bad experience. Worth every penny.

My experience will differ to others but be warned.
That's very similar to my experience.

To the OP, I needed to install the transmission mount with the engine mounts loosened to get it lined up right. After that everything went together smoothly.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by SoREALemjay
Which innovative mounts did you get?
I've done 75a on the trans and diff so far.