S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

[Auto-X] What's your STR setup? 2018 Edition

Old 04-18-2019, 02:22 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by THMotorsports
I'm not competitive on a nationals level but usually fair well locally, my car is also a compromise to do a number of things well.

MODEL: 2006 Honda S2000

SUSPENSION:
  • Fortune 510 double digressive custom valving for 12k/10k, no helpers necessary- dual duty for track, autocross, some street driving.
  • Saner front bar
  • Stock rear bar
  • Prothane compliance bushings
  • Megan Racing camber joints with RCA plates omitted for STR compliance
WHEELS/TIRES:
  • Enkei RPF1 17x9 +45 with 255/40/17 RS3 for funsies. 255 RE71R to replace them after the car is sorted.
BRAKES:

• Powerstop Trackday Advance pads - work okay in the hotter summer months, but definitely too cold in the first few events to get heat into them. Have a set of Stoptechs that I may throw in. Stoptech rear slotted rotors. Centric high carbon/cryotreated front rotors
ENGINE:

• Insulated K&N FIPK, box made from corrugated foam board and insulated, lighter than K&N shield, seals up better, and seems to keep IATs down.
  • Berk Headerback with HFC and resonator added
ECU:

• Flashpro with tweaked Toda tune.
SEATS:

• Currently stock, have Buddy Club and some fabbed up Recaro sliders on Wedge bases. I have a Sparco Evo 2 in the office, a bit too big for me, but if it fits okay in the s2000, I might just throw it in anyways until I can find something more suitable.
MISC:

• CR front lip from previous owner (waiting on SEB ruling)
  • OEM AP1 trunk spoiler
  • OEM hardtop
  • heavy Blox shift knob
  • carbon fiber chip guards to prevent the leading edges of my fenders from being chewed up by detritus.
  • Spats on track, usually removed for autocross though nobody seems to care enough to contest it.
ALIGNMENT (TBD):

• Front: Camber -3, Total Toe 0, Caster 6.0
  • Rear: Camber -2.6°, Total Toe 0.14 in
HEIGHT/WEIGHT:

• ~12.7" center to fender
To Do List for 2018:

• Find a seat
  • If CR Aero is legal, I'd like a CR wing
  • Possibly build a stepped intake

How is the clearance on the RPF1? We have similar setups and I could really benefit from the lower weight.

Also, any clarification on the CR lip from the SEB?

Thanks in advance!

-Maniac