S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

05 S2K Vs. Evo 8 (stock)

Old 03-27-2007, 10:52 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yea a IX is quite different (more powerful, esp. with mods)

some 05 VIII's are pretty strong too though, i'd bet my face that some 05 VIII's will pull on s2000's stock for stock. it's not all VIII's are slow...(though 03-04, esp. 03 generally are)

i agree that there are TONS Of Evo owners who don't know what the blue #### they're doing when it comes to maintaining esp. MODIFYING their Evo's....it's the reason why i raced the tuned 335i in the other thread; the 335i was destroying every single modded Evo's like they're civics, and that really depresses me because it shouldn't be that way.

most people spend so much money on ineffective/harmful mods on their cars because they were too lazy or not smart enough to research enough about wtf they're getting themselves into. HUGE aftermarkets such as the one for the Evo makes things very confusing to n00bs most of the time.

/rant. sorry.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by plokivos' date='Mar 27 2007, 01:31 PM
does my evo look stock to you? why would I race a GTO on roll with a Stock Evo?

besides, everyone knows the stock evo's afr is off the chart after 5000rpm dropping down to 9 afr (it should be at 11.4 afr). on top of that, 5 speed is not closely ratio throughout. 6 speed is another story.

stock evo 9 has only about 10whp more than evo 8. they can't pull on a GTo either.
Writing > you. You original post is very misleading in how it is typed. You wrote about stock Evos and in the same sentence wrote about beating GTO's.

Also, you seem to be very confused about how much power the IX is putting down over the VIII.

If VIII's average 230awhp stock, and IX's are dynoing 260awhp+... I think you can do the math. You're probably just looking at the misleading factory claimed numbers, which would also suggest that you don't spend too much time on any Evo forums doing research.

The 5 speed has proven to be the somewhat better choice for Evos in the 1/4 mile too, so that would also suggest that you are somewhat ignorant about your own vehicle.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I give up.

most of the things you guys say are right, but you haven't seen what I've seen and had what I had, so it's pointless arguing online.

evolutionse.com come to my forum and see what I posted for the last 3 years.

Evo IX does dyno at around 260 whp 258 torque, but it's not only the 10.5 hotside that's doing it, it's the factory tuning that's better than evo 8 and addition of mivec.

on the same dyno, Evo VIII stock will dyno at 248whp (this is my stock dyno). But at the same time you guys are playing peak number dyno games without looking at the entire dyno map of how the powerband is used.

on 1/4 mile, 5 speed is a lot faster than 6 speed.

I don't have to lie, I've been with Evo scene since it started and seen a lot over the years and I could honestly careless what you believe about me.

let me clarify

"I don't know too many stock evo's. My old evo, which is modded and NOT STOCK, would never lose to an s2k, unless you could pull 3 car length on a modded 6 liter GTO on 60 to 140."

better?

and if you want further proof, I could send you the myspace address of the person who owned that GTO. Then you could go ask if it's true or not.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by plokivos' date='Mar 28 2007, 09:19 AM
I give up.

most of the things you guys say are right, but you haven't seen what I've seen and had what I had, so it's pointless arguing online.

evolutionse.com come to my forum and see what I posted for the last 3 years.

Evo IX does dyno at around 260 whp 258 torque, but it's not only the 10.5 hotside that's doing it, it's the factory tuning that's better than evo 8 and addition of mivec.

on the same dyno, Evo VIII stock will dyno at 248whp (this is my stock dyno). But at the same time you guys are playing peak number dyno games without looking at the entire dyno map of how the powerband is used.

on 1/4 mile, 5 speed is a lot faster than 6 speed.

I don't have to lie, I've been with Evo scene since it started and seen a lot over the years and I could honestly careless what you believe about me.

let me clarify

"I don't know too many stock evo's. My old evo, which is modded and NOT STOCK, would never lose to an s2k, unless you could pull 3 car length on a modded 6 liter GTO on 60 to 140."

better?

and if you want further proof, I could send you the myspace address of the person who owned that GTO. Then you could go ask if it's true or not.

There ya go, much better.