S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

'07 Mustang Shelby GT 500 supercharged 500hp

Old 08-29-2006, 10:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ws2006,Aug 29 2006, 09:44 PM
That is crazy how fast your car is, but i just dont see you being able to beat a C6 Z06.

You Guys have around the same Whp but im sure hes got more torque then you do, (a lot more). You have to shift more often slowing you down and his car is 3132 pounds, to your 3000. If not a bit less.

Im not at all saying your lieing so dont get that out of me, but get it on camra or something. If you were to hit the tracks. (1/4) what would your car get? Lets say sea level on a great day?

Other then that all i can say about your car is WOW!
I believe Sideway's car with a 1/4 tank of gas, no passengers, would be in the 2450-2550 range, based on his posts.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by psychoazn,Aug 29 2006, 10:17 PM
I believe Sideway's car with a 1/4 tank of gas, no passengers, would be in the 2450-2550 range, based on his posts.
Damn!!!! So Thats Why Hes Soo Fast!!!!!
Old 08-30-2006, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by Fusion ZO6,Aug 29 2006, 11:10 PM
Yeah, right. I'm sure there are modded EVOs everywhere that will give him some competition .Cuz you know, EVOs are freeway beasts!
What about some 40 mph rolls? There are some very fast EVOs (low 11s in the 1/4) here in San Diego.
Old 08-30-2006, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by Ws2006,Aug 29 2006, 11:13 PM
i think sideways can smoke all evos that dont have turbo upgrades.

My bro has almost every bolt on you can have on a evo. Intake, Exhaust, Boost control, Reflash, Cam gears, Cam Shaft. <---Best i know. And he lost to my papa's viper bad. After 100mph.

So if sideways can beat a viper then he would have no trouble with a full bolt on evo. Just my .02 cents
Mod'd EVO would include a turbo upgrade.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by Fusion ZO6,Aug 29 2006, 10:10 PM
Yeah, right. I'm sure there are modded EVOs everywhere that will give him some competition .Cuz you know, EVOs are freeway beasts!
Who mentioned anything about the freeway? This race was from around 0 mpg up to ~125 mph. There are lots of modded daily driver evos running mid/high 11's. That would be a pretty good race for sideways from 0 up to 150 mph

Nice kill again sideways
Old 08-30-2006, 08:05 AM

I hate to burst yalls bubble but Evolution has just put a 2.6'' pulley, JLT cold Air Intake System, Custom off-road X-pipe, Custom Exhast system, 4.10 gears, and a Evolution Performance Custom Tune using SCT Advantage III software on there 2007 Shelby GT500 and that made 563 RWHP and 562 RWTQ and hopefully this week they will run the 1/4 mile and will be for sure in the mid 10s or lower. And they will have video of it also doing the quarter mile on streetfire.net id like to see your hunk of junk go up against that Shelby you would lose for sure. See the thing is you probably ran a shelby that didnt have his tuned cause the ones that arnt tuned are making around 420 RWHP and when you tune them i have seen people making 470 RWHP and that is just with a tune wait a year and i can promise you no S2000 will be able to even come close to a shelby cause with little mods these cars are awesome i just proved it with the above statement. And what is bad for you S2000 guys there not even close to done with that shelby that is making 563 RWHP.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by iceman241,Aug 30 2006, 12:05 PM
I hate to burst yalls bubble but Evolution has just put a 2.6'' pulley, JLT cold Air Intake System, Custom off-road X-pipe, Custom Exhast system, 4.10 gears, and a Evolution Performance Custom Tune using SCT Advantage III software on there 2007 Shelby GT500 and that made 563 RWHP and 562 RWTQ and hopefully this week they will run the 1/4 mile and will be for sure in the mid 10s or lower. And they will have video of it also doing the quarter mile on streetfire.net id like to see your hunk of junk go up against that Shelby you would lose for sure. See the thing is you probably ran a shelby that didnt have his tuned cause the ones that arnt tuned are making around 420 RWHP and when you tune them i have seen people making 470 RWHP and that is just with a tune wait a year and i can promise you no S2000 will be able to even come close to a shelby cause with little mods these cars are awesome i just proved it with the above statement. And what is bad for you S2000 guys there not even close to done with that shelby that is making 563 RWHP.

Old 08-30-2006, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by iceman241,Aug 30 2006, 08:05 AM
Umm there are S2k's in the 10's buddy. And if i remember right, soon in the 9's.

Glad to hear your v8 might!!!!!!!!!!!! be able to beat sideways later on. But as of now Shhhhhhhh cuz u guys got
Old 08-30-2006, 09:08 AM

Bigfishs: It's ALWAYS been about the freeway. Occasionally he does do something from a dig, but he himself admits for reliabilithy reasons, he comes out kind of soft not to break anything. What he's testing is the power of the cars, not "who's got the better traction".

Iceman241: Congratulations, a shop car is making that much power. Who cares. When you've got your modded GT500 feel free to cruise on out to Crystal Cove. Until then, you're only bench racing and wasting everyone's time with what "could" be. And before anybody even says it, I'm a Mustang guy. I know the potential the cars and I've owned one of the fastest street Mustangs in San Diego for years.

2QYK4U: Like who? I've spent countless Tuesday nights at Fusion (hence the name) and in San Marcos and there's a ton of Evo's out there, none of which I've seen running that fast. Not to mention, even if there was one or two that were running mid/high 11's, that only equates to about a 115 to 120 or so mph in the 1/4. THAT isn't fast enough to race from a roll against Sideways.

I've messed around with Sideways a little bit. We never got a "even" race to see who's faster, but I can say that the cars are pretty close. He's done even more to the car since, and actually, so have I. But, with the same setup at the time, I've raced an EVO with a GT35R setup on the freeway and beat that guy trying to do a flybye on me.

Can a Evo beat Sideways from a freeway roll? Sure, there's a few that can. But it'll take a minimum of a GT35R car, with a built/stroked motor, on race gas to do it. And Sideways, with all the power he's making, is still on a stock block.

Sideways has got a fast car and he's taken the time to do the right steps. Weight and tuning, tuning, tuning. He's made the car to be exactly what he wants ( a freeway monster) and he doesn't make any excuses. If he loses against someone, he'll tell you he lost. It doesn't really make a difference because frankly, it's a win-win situation for him. If he loses against someone, then he knows that person must have either put a huge amount of time and effort into the car, or it's just a very expensive car. So he lost against a Carerra GT. WHO CARES! IT'S A CARERRA GT!
Old 08-30-2006, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Fusion ZO6,Aug 30 2006, 10:08 AM
2QYK4U: Like who? I've spent countless Tuesday nights at Fusion (hence the name) and in San Marcos and there's a ton of Evo's out there, none of which I've seen running that fast. Not to mention, even if there was one or two that were running mid/high 11's, that only equates to about a 115 to 120 or so mph in the 1/4. THAT isn't fast enough to race from a roll against Sideways.
Specifically, there is an EVO that runs at Qualcomm (RaceLegal.com events) that runs low 11s in the 1320. Don't know the driver's name. His EVO has a very nice custom paint job. I think the guy has his own tuner shop in the Oceanside area.

I believe he has the fastest EVO in San Diego.

Quick Reply: '07 Mustang Shelby GT 500 supercharged 500hp