S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

'07 Mustang Shelby GT 500 supercharged 500hp

Old 08-30-2006, 02:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iceman241,Aug 30 2006, 02:02 PM
Your right it is a joke to compare a mustang to a S2000 cause there slow stock i never seen no S2000 go 12s stock thanks for putting me in my place. And the reson the shelby is so awesome cause it looks a hell of alot better then any honda and it has the power to back it up with few mods wait until a kenne bell goes on one you will see 700 plus rwhp for sure face it hondas suck.
Ok We will look for the video of the 700 hp mustang. We will watch it. See 700hp but then what? Its a ford. After 2 years its worth less then half of what you paid for. Ford stands for, ****er Only Runs Downhill, Found On Road Dead, Fix Or Repair Daily, and this is perfect for your friend which most likely will happen. ****ed On Race Day.

Id rather drive a saturn then a ford. YEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAA partner
Old 08-30-2006, 03:02 PM
Banned

I raced Sideways a few years ago with my Turbo Celica and I whooped him horribly. He obviously never posted it on this site. When I drove back to talk to him I realized his car was parked the enitre time.

Thats how fast Phils car is.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:43 PM

Is WS2006 stupid by saying after 2 years a mustang is worth half then what you paid for it? That is true but my point is you tell me what honda hasnt depreciated in 2 years to half of what you paid for it what a loser. And sure sideways car is fast he modded the shit out of it i sure hope the hell its fast but like one person on here said you can mod any piece of junk to go 10s comeon losers.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by iceman241,Aug 30 2006, 01:32 PM
Yeah there are S2000s in the 10s but not with that little of mods like the shelby has wait until they start messing with the engine. And Z06 guy we know your a mustang fan thats why you have a Z06 what a loser.
Your post made no sense. And your sentences are all jumbled.
What does him having a Z06 have anything to do with a mustang.
And who cares if the shelby can be modded faster. The point of sideways post wasn't to directly state that shelby's are slow. He is just saying he beat one from a roll on the highway. Damn kid, go eat some troll food, then get off the internet, and go watch F&F.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by iceman241,Aug 30 2006, 04:43 PM
Is WS2006 stupid by saying after 2 years a mustang is worth half then what you paid for it? That is true but my point is you tell me what honda hasnt depreciated in 2 years to half of what you paid for it what a loser. And sure sideways car is fast he modded the shit out of it i sure hope the hell its fast but like one person on here said you can mod any piece of junk to go 10s comeon losers.
You need to get your facts straight. Honda is one of the top leaders in the industry in terms of resale value and total ownership costs. Where is Ford? At the bottom of the barrel buddy.
Old 08-30-2006, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by 2QYK4U,Aug 30 2006, 03:55 PM
You need to get your facts straight. Honda is one of the top leaders in the industry in terms of resale value and total ownership costs. Where is Ford? At the bottom of the barrel buddy.
Thank you very much for that one
Old 08-30-2006, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by iceman241,Aug 30 2006, 03:43 PM
Also you are calling me dumb? Do u see me going to a Mustang Site and talkin shit about mustangs and Fords? <----That would be kinda dumb wouldnt it???

O wait your on a s2k site talking shit about s2000's

Dont let the door hit you on your way out
Old 08-30-2006, 05:05 PM

Granted sideways has a fast car, but he has a stripped, heavily modified car. Props to him for that, but all you fanbois should be giving props to the gt500 for putting down crazy numbers stock/slightly modified. The argument about s2000's being in the 9's is pretty short sighted when there are GM/Ford products in the 7's. You get more potential out of a larger displacement motor. I really wish honda would make a two seater fixed roof coupe with a motor in the 2.8-3.2L range. Hopefully if the domestic horsepower wars don't loose steam honda will be coaxed into something like that.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by cstang68,Aug 30 2006, 05:05 PM
Granted sideways has a fast car, but he has a stripped, heavily modified car. Props to him for that, but all you fanbois should be giving props to the gt500 for putting down crazy numbers stock/slightly modified. The argument about s2000's being in the 9's is pretty short sighted when there are GM/Ford products in the 7's. You get more potential out of a larger displacement motor. I really wish honda would make a two seater fixed roof coupe with a motor in the 2.8-3.2L range. Hopefully if the domestic horsepower wars don't loose steam honda will be coaxed into something like that.
Thats cool, but why should we even care about the new stang Gt. If i were to give props to any car it would be the new Z06's
Old 08-30-2006, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Fusion ZO6,Aug 30 2006, 09:08 AM
Bigfishs: It's ALWAYS been about the freeway. Occasionally he does do something from a dig, but he himself admits for reliabilithy reasons, he comes out kind of soft not to break anything. What he's testing is the power of the cars, not "who's got the better traction".
Well, while I agree with you that most of sideways races and spankings are done at highway rolls, I will first reiterate my point that the evo statement and more specifically my statement was made in regard to compteition at low speed or from a dig.

To use a paraphrased quote "it is unfortunate that lifes challenges rarely come at the time on in the matter that we would find convenient". So you are gonna get pleny of challenges at the red light, and if you are found wanting, then you will be beat, fair and square.

As for your quote that "its not about whos got better traction"

Well thats pretty sad, especially in an S2000 street encounters forum. Most S2000 owners will tell you that one of the best attibrutes of the car is the traction, mainly in regard to both cornering and braking, granted. Lets face it they are not too quick in a dig or a roll stock, but they own plenty in the autocross section, which is TRACTION focussed. I will agree that specifically you are referring to traction in relation to going in a straight line, and accelerating in a straight line, but if thats all you want to do or be good at, then perhaps sideways should put a blown V8 in his S

Sideways has upgraded his car to make it much faster from a roll, but its still not that fast from a dig, so you choose to say "its all about the rolls"

Well evo drivers could say " its all about the dig, or its all about the exit speed in the wet" but truth be told thats only a small part of it.

In case you think I am an S hater, I had a comptech s/c one myself

Dont get me wrong, I have a great deal of respect for you and your cars (from the little I know of them from this forum) but there are still plenty of evos out there on the street which should give him a good run through the stoplight 1/4, which one of the many ways in which the street race challenge can be issued...

Quick Reply: '07 Mustang Shelby GT 500 supercharged 500hp