S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

2 words : It broke

Old 10-15-2000, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by krazik-s2k:
[B]Vapor,
couple of quick questions.
How many miles on car?
vin?
build-date?
purchase-date?
you said before that you were going to change/check the diff oil.
Old 10-15-2000, 11:42 AM
Community Organizer

Received 90 Likes on 75 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jims2k:
[B]*snip*It's a single click that sounds like you just snapped your toungue down off of the roof of your mouth.
Old 10-15-2000, 12:44 PM

Pinky,
Thanks. All thoughts are welcome! I'll check it out.
Old 10-15-2000, 01:00 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh, from the title of this thread, I thought you were talking about H-A.net?!

Sorry to hear about your car, John. I hope it all works out...

Old 10-15-2000, 03:15 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by VaporTrail:
For the record, I'm not saying this car is a lemon, or a bad car. I'm saying I don't trust it. I'm only saying this about my car, not all of them. I've never had a car break like this on me, and I've had lots of cars. It's very disheartening, and I lost a lot of confidence in it - maybe you would as well if the situation was reversed. Would I call you a "pouty little child"? No, I prefer to act more adult like.
You did make statements that were very unclear that they were directed at only your car. such as "I've had this bad feeling for awhile that this car is just too high strung, and something bad was going to happen..." No where did you make any effort to diferentiate(sp) your car from the rest.

And no, you would never have to call me a "pouty whiny kid" because I would never post something like what you did. sure I would be dissapointed that my car was broken, but you appeared to be looking for any excuse to blame, but the obvious. You unfortunately had back luck with your s2k. and man does it suck. But in a week or two when you get it back it will be good as new, and I bet your car won't have the same problem again.

Like I said in my "first" post, my ECU was bad in my s2k right off the back. I had signed all my papers, the dealer had the car and I had to wait almost 2 weeks while a new ECU was shipped from japan. It sure did suck, but I made to, and boy was it all worth it. I even posted to H-A about it. Calmly.

Your right, you probably never had a lot of things happen to you. But just like they say in those mutual fund commericals. "Prior performance doesn't gaurentee(sp) future results". This would be like saying, I never got rear-ended before, why did this happen to me now. It is all just an unfortunate turn of events.

I sure hope you re-find your passion that so many of us have for these cars.

If you are truely unhappy, then sell. But do it for the right reasons.

-r
Old 10-15-2000, 05:28 PM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My car also makes a whining noise under certain loads and seems to be getting worse. Before the SB the dealer got approval to do extensive tranny work on my car because sometimes 3rd gear seems to be locked out on high RPM shifts. We're waiting on a factory rep to drive my car to check out the whining noise but I've been in other S2K's that didn't have the noise. My clutch also seems to be going bad and I've never even done a hard launch. My wife started off on flat ground yesterday and bounched off the rev limiter at about 15 mph. I hope I can get them to replace the clutch too.
Old 10-15-2000, 09:08 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

CG: Vin & Build Date of your S2K?
Old 10-16-2000, 05:30 AM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by krazik-s2k:
[B]CG:
Old 10-16-2000, 06:20 AM

Update - Tammy from Autoway Honda in Clearwater called me this morning before I woke up. In her voice mail, she stated she needed to know where the car was parked. I was like, WTF , it's in your garage, open your eyes

Ok, so onto the matter at hand. She asked me what happpened, so I told her how it began whining, so I tried to drive it over to her, but it broke on the causeway en route. She asked me what I had modified on the car. I calmly and politely stated I had springs, exhaust, header, K&N filter, all professionally installed. She said (and I was getting ready for this) that the installation of springs caused the damage. I respectfully disagreed, and asked her how springs could damage the rear end. She said she did not know, but that the repair would be customer pay until she spoke with American Honda. I told her not to touch a thing until she had done so. Saga continues...
Old 10-16-2000, 06:42 AM
Community Organizer

Received 90 Likes on 75 Posts

Well V.T. You know that cell phone you pluged into your 12V adapter must have done it. It caused a surge in the power unit messing up the ECU and sending incorrect signals to the engine causing strain on the tranny. That is what did it!

Hell they will come up with anything to make it your fault! Hell they might even try to blame a flat tire on your K&N filter if it was gonna cost them money.

Well I hope you can get your big guns out and get it all fixed. Best wishes to you and your car.

Quick Reply: 2 words : It broke