S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Beach Honda North Miami Beach crashed my car

Old 01-27-2007, 10:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jsmply,Jan 27 2007, 07:18 PM
...he gave me a new PRETTY AP2 key and remote for free).
WOW. Those are like $150

Mine is all scratched up now.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:23 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

OUCH Im very sorry for youre loss.Several years ago when i was wrenching at an acura dealer i got rear ended in an integra type r!!!Trying to explain to the customer was not fun at all.However in this case it seems fair to assume that youre car was being operated in a reckless manner....SHAME on the tech driving it!!!!I hope this does not put a bad taste in everybodys mouth.Not all techs will abuse customers cars in this manner....at least not in my shop.Best of luck to you!!!!
Old 01-27-2007, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn bro, I almost got my S from there, i got mines from brickell instead, just as bad in my eyes. I hope things work out for you.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:06 PM

Contact your Insurance company. They'll take it from there. If it's totaled, they'll pay you and then they'll go after the Dealership. Lawyering up sounds good but ain't a real viable option since a lawyer could care less unless you pony up tons of $$$ up front. So get your Insurance company involved now. Cuz you aren't gonna get any satisfaction messing around with the Dealership. The best they'll do is fix it and give it back to you and send you on your merry way. If you don't have Insurance. Your screwed. The best you can hope for then is to let them fix it, be dissatisfied with the results and take them to small claims court for the maximum your state will allow. But trust me, no lawyer will take this case without taking you as well.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:41 PM

Wow this turned my stomach, not just to see what they did to your car, but to see what complete dickholes they are being by attempting to worm out of taking responsibility for it.

Good luck, hold your ground, nail the bastards for it.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just want to add: the dealer is insisting on fixing cuz they can do it for cheap. If you want it totalled, take it to a very expensive shop... this is your RIGHT to have it fixed at a shop of your choice. Insurance will see the estimate and probly total it on the spot.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

When you are all sorted out in the end, AFTER it is all over, call Honda corporate and make the complaint. Don't do it before- they get reamed when you do this - I was asked to not return to a Honda dealer when I made a complaint- because it took them 3 weeks to get me keyless key fobs on our Element.

It won't get you anything, but making the complaint hurts the dealership.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:25 PM
WPS

www.dealerrater.com
Old 01-29-2007, 02:39 PM

I went the dealer today. I enlarged the photos of the car and printed them BIG, I also went to the site and took pictures to try to put together what happened. I got a copy of the police report, and hilighted what I thought to an inconsistency in the tech's story, I put all this in a folder with the number phone # for Channel 7 news. There is no acutal GM at this dealership, they are waiting for the post to be filled, so I sat down with the 'acting GM', and I just handed him the folder. after he was done looking I told him the reasons why I don't want the car back. He asked what I wanted and i told him that I want a replacement s2k of similar vintage of my choosing which he said that is kinda like finding a needle in a haystack. He never admitted that the tech was wrong, he said that accidents do happen and that is why they have insurance. He said that they will have the adjusters assess it and if it is totalled they would give me the retail value of the car. I told him that I will not accept that bc my car was well maintained and I will not find a similar car for what they will probably offer. I stand my ground on this point. He said I will be contacted during the week, and he did talk about looking at some of the other honda dealers and seeing what they might have on their lots. He also upgraded my rental to a Jeep compass. Don't get me wrong he was very diplomatic and I think he is willing to make ammends WITHIN LIMITS. When they contact me we will see what their limits are. To everyone who replied to this post sincerely THANK YOU. I really walked in there feeling like I had an entire army of S2k owners behind me. I'll keep you posted
Old 01-29-2007, 02:57 PM

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u218/ra...on/PICT0015.jpg
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u218/ra...on/PICT0017.jpg
for anyone who might be interested these are pics of the crash site

Quick Reply: Beach Honda North Miami Beach crashed my car