S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Beach Honda North Miami Beach crashed my car

Old 04-10-2007, 05:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck, The ad in auto trader was a good idea!

Not sure what amicably means to the new GM, but to me it would mean buying the car from you and compensating you for the time and money you should not have had to spend on this

Old 04-10-2007, 06:38 AM

goodluck witht he situation as it is a sucky one
Old 04-10-2007, 07:06 AM

I would be asking for a trade in at top dollar for its year/mileage(no deductions for the car having had major repairs...) and a trade up to a 2006/07 S2K at a rock bottom price(assuming that is what you would want)
Old 04-10-2007, 07:17 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree. All concessions should be in your favor. You should receive more in value than the routine customer since THEY placed you in this situation. As a dealer, they should step up and offer you something at their loss. I think this is only fair considering.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I'd push for the termination of the employee responsible.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:35 AM

Stay strong, their tactic now is to drag out untill you settle, seen it many times before, dont back down!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2007, 05:07 PM

Ask what they can give you if you trade in your car Maybe the new GM will give you a Great price or something. i know they have 2 S2000 just siting there since last year.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:50 PM

I am a new member- thinking about getting an S2000 next year. Saw this story and it turns my stomach.

A couple of years ago a stealership tried to back out of an ebay deal on a loaded Mitsubishi Evo... they set the reserve low, but they let the auction run to the end and someone won it fair and square, got the car for about $5,000 under invoice. The dealer had plenty of opportunity to end the auction and re-list it and raise the reserve, etc. but they didn't.

The dealer tried to back out, and were jerks about it- told him go ahead, get a lawyer, you aren't getting the car for what it went for on ebay, and you can't do anything about it. The guy posted his story on a auto enthusiast message board, and it started spreading to other message boards manned by other car guys. Before you know it people all over the country were calling the dealership CONTINUOUSLY and telling them how horrible and dishonest they are, they should honor the deal, etc... to the point where the switchboard was backed up continuously and costing the dealership a lot of time, energy and money while frustating their customers trying to get through. After a day or two they did the right thing, gave in and sold the kid the car at the price he won it for on ebay. And the calls and emails ceased.

I say this calls for just such an exercise... find the number for the GM at Beach Honda, and anyone disgusted by this story call and tell him what you think of his dealership and how you will tell people to stay away. Fill up his voice mail box. Call the dealership's main number during business hours. Tell them they make you ashamed to be a Honda enthusiast and they should fix this travesty. Spread the word and everyone do their part and maybe we will see some justice done.

Spread the word... time to put some righteous pressure on them...
Old 04-10-2007, 06:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i was always worried that some kid would 'test drive' your car during a service, im with most people, get a lawyer
Old 04-10-2007, 07:09 PM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Sucks bro, sorry to hear about this.

For reasons like this, I definatly can't wait to get an AEM EMS so I can set the rev limiter to xxxxrpms if I ever hand the car over to a 3rd party...

Quick Reply: Beach Honda North Miami Beach crashed my car