S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Beach Honda North Miami Beach crashed my car

Old 04-10-2007, 07:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A new S2k VGA on the canadian road!!

Old 04-10-2007, 07:16 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pghdon,Apr 10 2007, 06:50 PM
I am a new member- thinking about getting an S2000 next year. Saw this story and it turns my stomach.

A couple of years ago a stealership tried to back out of an ebay deal on a loaded Mitsubishi Evo... they set the reserve low, but they let the auction run to the end and someone won it fair and square, got the car for about $5,000 under invoice. The dealer had plenty of opportunity to end the auction and re-list it and raise the reserve, etc. but they didn't.

The dealer tried to back out, and were jerks about it- told him go ahead, get a lawyer, you aren't getting the car for what it went for on ebay, and you can't do anything about it. The guy posted his story on a auto enthusiast message board, and it started spreading to other message boards manned by other car guys. Before you know it people all over the country were calling the dealership CONTINUOUSLY and telling them how horrible and dishonest they are, they should honor the deal, etc... to the point where the switchboard was backed up continuously and costing the dealership a lot of time, energy and money while frustating their customers trying to get through. After a day or two they did the right thing, gave in and sold the kid the car at the price he won it for on ebay. And the calls and emails ceased.

I say this calls for just such an exercise... find the number for the GM at Beach Honda, and anyone disgusted by this story call and tell him what you think of his dealership and how you will tell people to stay away. Fill up his voice mail box. Call the dealership's main number during business hours. Tell them they make you ashamed to be a Honda enthusiast and they should fix this travesty. Spread the word and everyone do their part and maybe we will see some justice done.

Spread the word... time to put some righteous pressure on them...
THATS A DAME GOOD IDEA
Old 04-10-2007, 07:39 PM

I just read all 9 pages.

I'm hoping the new GM will be more reasonable about this matter. Best of luck to you.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:17 PM

sign me up! I'll give them a call whenever i'm free and have some friends do it too.. screw this.. i hate it when dealerships do this..
Old 04-10-2007, 08:40 PM

$6,500 vs. $11,582 for rerpair estimates? Almost double? Somebody was lying. I would labor this point with whoever you have to settle this with. Also it's interesting the GM and tech you were dealing are now gone.
I have sued before and when the papers are filed even if both guys are named, or as one of the "DOES 1-100" I doubt they'll turn up for a deposition.
Good Luck.

EDIT: What I get from their insurance estimate vs. the one you got from another Honda dealer/Repair facility, coupled with the fact that they really didn't want to release the car, is that they were setting you up to "F" you again on the repair.
I wonder why the GM is gone? Fired maybe to protect the dealership from being accused of such business practices?
I mean it's pretty obvious why the tech would be fired. However what did the GM do? I bet it has something to do with your estimate. I bet he was trying to make the problem go away cheap and dishonestly at your expense.

I know I'm assuming the GM was fired, and not that he simply quit.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:04 PM

dude..give me their no. too..ill bit$h em out for you too..sorry to hear what happened..just remember we got your back man..
Old 04-11-2007, 12:27 AM

OP...

Keep us updated as to what the new GM offers up. But I've read all 9 pages and it would seem your own insurance company has dropped the ball as well. You shouldn't be dealing with the GM directly (I understand why you are) and your insurance company should go to bat for you.

Once this situation is resolved find yourself a new insurance company - period!

My S was just rear ended and the 3rd party insurance company was giving us hassle because I installed a trailer hitch on the car. I told them they are lucky I did because its saved a ton of damage. Still though the nerve of some companies hey...

Stay Strong!

Jetpilot
Old 04-11-2007, 06:59 AM

(305) 493-5100

rawdetermination...all you need to do is say the word, and I'm certain that a large number of your fellow S2000 owners (including myself) will be more than happy to call up Beach and voice concern over the way the dealership is handling the matter. Heck, I might call to negotiate an internet order of a vehicle, and tie up one of their salespeople for the day only to "walk" at the end of negotiations based upon their lousy reputation.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:04 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am liking that idea. I think I may give them a call and go through a nice long internet sales, then right at the end start asking about how their service is as I will need a place to take my car for service, then end by asking "ok now what if I bring the my car in and one of your mechanics crashes it into a wall?" maybe wait for an answer, maybe just hang up.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by AssassinJN,Apr 11 2007, 05:04 PM
I am liking that idea. I think I may give them a call and go through a nice long internet sales, then right at the end start asking about how their service is as I will need a place to take my car for service, then end by asking "ok now what if I bring the my car in and one of your mechanics crashes it into a wall?" maybe wait for an answer, maybe just hang up.
That would be funny.

Quick Reply: Beach Honda North Miami Beach crashed my car