S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Have I found the ultimate 'get low' seat for tall guys?

Old 08-08-2016, 06:49 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Ooooo...FIA compliant too. Interested!
Old 08-08-2016, 11:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedCelica
Ooooo...FIA compliant too. Interested!
If you're ever down in Charlotte you're welcome to drop by Essex and check it out!
Old 08-08-2016, 05:54 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

I've been waiting for someone to mount these in the S ever since i noticed a lot of Lotus Elise run them. I'd be interesting in seeing how one of Reverie's other seat models fit, namely, the ones with the lower side bolsters.

As far as seats sitting low, most seats can sit low to the floor pan, like the popular Pole Position--just depends on what seat rails you use. But Pole positions and most other seats have really thick butt pads, making the seating position higher. I like the Reverie seats because they come pretty bare with minimal padding...a lot of their models with padding even being optional to begin with. Having that said, i'd want to sit in one to see how it feels but they aren't very common seats at all in the U.S. ...so it would be hard to test one out first.
Old 08-11-2016, 11:35 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum
I've been waiting for someone to mount these in the S ever since i noticed a lot of Lotus Elise run them. I'd be interesting in seeing how one of Reverie's other seat models fit, namely, the ones with the lower side bolsters.

As far as seats sitting low, most seats can sit low to the floor pan, like the popular Pole Position--just depends on what seat rails you use. But Pole positions and most other seats have really thick butt pads, making the seating position higher. I like the Reverie seats because they come pretty bare with minimal padding...a lot of their models with padding even being optional to begin with. Having that said, i'd want to sit in one to see how it feels but they aren't very common seats at all in the U.S. ...so it would be hard to test one out first.
Yes, the Reverie has very little padding...just enough to be comfy. The beauty is that it transmits exactly what is going on under you. It's definitely not a seat or brand you see everyday. Frankly, other than Patrick I'm the only person I've ever really known who has had one!