S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

High Beam Replacement...

Old 01-17-2006, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, well, for us manly men with real big hairy hands (the BACKS of the hands, dammit), it's a tough go -- I just checked it out again. It feels like I might need to shave my hands and grease 'em up. (Oh. Wait. That's why I got those blue plastic gloves...)

Anyway, you know what big hands are a sign of, right? HPH
Old 01-17-2006, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by S2K KiDD,Jan 17 2006, 03:12 PM
Is it possible to replace your Highbeams with HIDs if so has anyone does it???
i have a high beam HID kit that i have not installed yet. yes it is possible and i do have to remove the bumper for the install.
Old 01-18-2006, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by xviper,Jan 17 2006, 08:49 AM
You guys that take off the front bumper to change a high beam bulb, do you also use a 10# sledge hammer to pound in a finishing nail?

Oh, please don't tell us you take the doors off the car to change radio speakers.

What's up trey...Hollar at me and I can help you put those High beams in in about 15 mins

~W. Cody
Old 01-18-2006, 06:46 AM

Does anybody know if the Sylvania SilverStars are any good?
Old 01-18-2006, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by LudegarH22A7,Jan 18 2006, 07:46 AM
Does anybody know if the Sylvania SilverStars are any good?
I love Silvania Silverstars. They are very white and very bright. I have heard they burn out quicker than most but so far I have had no problems.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by 03exlcoupe,Jan 17 2006, 07:21 PM
i have a high beam HID kit that i have not installed yet. yes it is possible and i do have to remove the bumper for the install.
ugh... don't take off the bumper, take off the inner fender liner... gyaaahhhh
Old 01-18-2006, 09:53 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mucter,Jan 18 2006, 11:38 AM
ugh... don't take off the bumper, take off the inner fender liner... gyaaahhhh
Please read my last post with the bold print. You don't have to do that either.
Old 01-18-2006, 10:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Next time I fill my gas tank, should I drop the tank or remove the rear-quarter panel? I'm not sure which to do Oh well, I'm going to go pull the tranny so I can put new fluid in it.
Old 01-18-2006, 10:25 AM

[QUOTE=xviper,Jan 18 2006, 10:53 AM]Please read my last post with the bold print.
Old 01-18-2006, 10:50 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mucter,Jan 18 2006, 01:25 PM
DUH DUR DOY I know, thanks. MY POST WAS IN REGARDS TO PEOPLE WHO'S HANDS ARE TWO LARGE TO FIT THROUGH THE HOLE THAT HONDA PUT THERE....

I agree with you, mostly. Stop ragging on me for trying to help, and please read my original post on the first page carefully to get some context.

Ooooh, having a little temper tantrum, are we? I'll remember this and treat you accordingly from now on.

OK, it's noted that IF you have giant hands or IF you have no dexterity to do it the way the OWNER'S MANUAL HAS INDICATED, then sure, go ahead and do it through the wheel well. Any other person in this position would find another knowledgeable person with "average" sized hands to help them do this job.

PS. I work with a guy who has some of the biggest hands imaginable and he can get his hand through that hole. Those friggen holes are 5" X 4" wide ovals. And once you get your hands in there, the space becomes much larger. If your hands are that big that you can't get them into those holes, I somehow doubt that your overall body size would allow you to comfortably drive an S2000.

PPS. Granted, once your hand is in there, you have to work by feel, since you can't see what you're doing. If you need to see what you are doing, then sure, you'll need to go through the wheel well. For most of us, we can have a good look through the hole and then let our hand do the looking after that.

But let's look at something else that may be difficult IF you have giant hands and/or poor dexterity .......................................
Checking and changing underdash fuses. Should we now suggest owners to remove the seat, lift the steering wheel out of the way and pull the whole fuse panel down so that people with big hands can do this task? Come on! This is the way the car was designed and Honda has printed instructions to allow the average owner to do the routine stuff in the most logical way they can. Don't get all pissy just because you got big hands or whatever other deficiency that won't allow you to do it the "normal" way.

Your first post made sense and was very helpful, but then, your second post (without any knowledge of the person you are replying to), keep hammering on taking apart the wheel well liner as if to say this is the only way to do it. I'm making sure that readers know this is not the case. If this pisses you off, I'm sorry, but you've mistaken me for someone who gives a shit.

Quick Reply: High Beam Replacement...