S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Made an offer waiting for response from dealer

Old 03-07-2012, 10:56 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Is that an aftermarket radiator? And what's with the gold foil wrapping?

Old 03-07-2012, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow now im scared again idk what to do wtf
Old 03-07-2012, 12:00 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mino8123
Originally Posted by rosario717' timestamp='1331147431' post='21486329
Thanks for the link. Those are ap1aka first generation wheels which must have been polished by the previous owners cause they dont come that way stock at all. I dont know why they would do the when the stock ap2 wheels look so much better and are bigger lmaooo ohhh well That cars suspension is setup for an inch taller n wider wheel than whats on it lol Dumbb move by the previous 5 owners lol The car isnt supposed to be certified with that exhaust at all. I doubt theyre going to call you back considering the car is advertised for $22300 and youre offering $19k. They havent had the car on their property too long so will probably hold off and wait for another buyer thats willing to pay more than you are but thats upto them. At my store we advertise aggressively online with low prices to make sure you contact us vs other stores and we dont budge off advertised prices more than a couple hundred and thats about it.
Just got a call back the sales man said lets offer 20 and c what happens waiting on a call back
i would point out all of the mismatched parts. The rims are wrong, the Radiator is better than the OEM so I would be OK with that, Exhaust depends on what your looking for. I did not look too close but the car looks lower than OEM ride height for an 07.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by rosario717
Im bored at work so went outside n popped the hood on my car. I have a seperate vin tag on the corners of each fender where they lineup with the headlights and another vin tag on the bumper right where the radiator is as well. If youre paying that much money for this car you better make sure the metal is original atleast. From my experiences most people that turbo/supercharge their S get a better radiator to keep the heat inside the engine down due to the extra heat from the blowers. Im starting to agree with JOHN again. This must have been a modded S and returned to as close to stock condition to trade in or sell and part out the rest.. I have a certified book right on my desk at work and I'm reading it and this legitally is not certifiable due to the exhaust n radiator but quite frankly your exhaust isnt under warranty at all but the OEM radiator is for the first 12k miles you own this car. Its only under warranty for 1 year and how often does a radiator go lol $22k is what this car would sell for if it was a legit certified car with one owner or so but its obviously not. I wonder what else is aftermarket that we cant see? Hmmmmmm This is getting good!!!!

How bad is it IF it had a SC or TURBO on the car and it was removed? with 40K miles? if everything checks out ok should I get it? Would you get it?
Old 03-07-2012, 12:22 PM

The sc/turbo isnt that bad if it wasnt drag raced but if it was then you can eventually kiss your rearend goodbye lol These motors take a beating in anyform but the stock diffs wont> Id buy the car for $19-19500 after my mechanic friends checked it out especially the rearend. Theres no reason to upgrade your cooling system unless your forcing more heat into the motor via turbo which is why im scared of what the diffs are on this car> Just get a tech who you know and can trust to check this thing out before going anyfurther

How much would the rear diff cost if it goes bad??? if everything else checks out
Old 03-07-2012, 12:35 PM

buying a used differential is 50/50 getting a good one. Going with a good built diff(PuddyModRacing) will set ya back $2g's plus depending on the setup. He has several stages(1.5, 2, 3) His built diffs go for as much as $5g's. There are too many stock(or very close to stock) cars available to get stuck on just 1. If you bought this car and 2 months down the road throw a rod and the car isdetermined to have had a turbo on it before the certification warranty is not going to do anything for you. You are better off holding out for a good clean car that has all of the correct parts on it.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:37 PM

call the Honda dealers parts department and see how much a new differentail is(or if they offer a HONDA Remanufactured one).. Ide venture to say its over $2000.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by JohnsS2000
buying a used differential is 50/50 getting a good one. Going with a good built diff(PuddyModRacing) will set ya back $2g's plus depending on the setup. He has several stages(1.5, 2, 3) His built diffs go for as much as $5g's. There are too many stock(or very close to stock) cars available to get stuck on just 1. If you bought this car and 2 months down the road throw a rod and the car isdetermined to have had a turbo on it before the certification warranty is not going to do anything for you. You are better off holding out for a good clean car that has all of the correct parts on it.
y wouldn't the warranty cover that if it is a full certified honda??
Old 03-07-2012, 12:54 PM

I just really like the color combo and the mileage on this car.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:58 PM

As I mentioned before> I had an 08 s2k with 19k miles on it at my dealership> We were going to try n retail it here as a certified car. We serviced the car and heard clicking in the back and then a leak. Eventually we found out that the rear end was shot and would cost us atleast $2000 to fix. At this point if we sold the car after spending $2000 on diffs,$500 on tires and more money there would be no profit left so we sent it to the auction where its buy at your own risk and let someone else deal with the headache. Coincidentally the car youre looking at came from 2 different auctions but Im pretty sure it was repossessed atleast once or more based on the carfax.
So pass on the car? :/

Quick Reply: Made an offer waiting for response from dealer