S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Mileage anxiety

Old 02-26-2019, 08:18 AM

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by NNY S2k
At least he is contributing to the site.
Levi
More like at least he's keeping his topics in the right groups...i dont know how much of the topics brought up actually contribute...at the very least people are willing to jump on his threads so its creating some nice threads to read through when i'm bored. Other than that though theres literally nothing useful in the threads and if anything only serve to create drama.

I think B Serious has a point though, his posts are very confusing. In some threads he seems to be just as enthusiastic about this platform as the rest of us, and in other threads he doesnt seem to understand why we love something that is "just a Honda". I dont know, maybe he is slowly seeing the light? lol.

But if i'm going to add to this thread, i would agree with what most people stated above. You dont buy a car for residual resale value, thats how you lose money. You buy a car like this for the return you get on enjoyment. Its like with everything else you buy. I didnt buy my Playstation because i could re-sell it in a few years and make what i paid for it. I bought it so i could play the video games i want to. Do you purchase pots and pans and barely use them because you want to sell them later? No thats ridiculous. Same thing applies here. Just because there is a used market doesnt mean you should treat this any differently than any other purchase you have made in your life.
Old 02-26-2019, 08:22 AM

Received 418 Likes on 318 Posts

I just looked bc bored at work.

He has started 24 threads in just over 3 weeks.

I hope IB is paying him to generate traffic.
Old 02-26-2019, 08:28 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for being fans guys! I am just having some fun with threads. You can choose to not reply to them but clearly you are choosing to reply to them and I appreciate that.

Life can't always be so serious this is "S2K talk" so I imagine anything goes as long as it's related to the S2K. I can start a thread saying "I got a BJ in my S2K today" if I wanted to and I'll get 1 or 2 guys with sticks up their butts, but that's life.

I would understand if I was flooding an area like "Under the hood" but this is just a general discussion area.
Old 02-26-2019, 08:43 AM

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Honestly its not even the amount of topics you are starting. Its more the inconsistency of your topics. We all love to respond and talk about these kinds of things so the frequency of posts is kind of nice.

However the topics themselves are just a bit questioning and i think lead to a lot of people scratching their heads when they see that you are the one who started it. Its just weird when someone's first thread ever talks about now wanting to spend the money to maintain the car and even goes as far as pissing off Billman, to all of a sudden looking at spending money on making the interior nice, to starting threads on "i dont want to drive this car but i love it so much". Can you understand where i'm coming from? THats literally you saying "this car sucks why should i spend money on it, omg i want to make my car nice, this is the best car ever!".
Old 02-26-2019, 08:58 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

When confusion meets OCD.
Old 02-26-2019, 09:07 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,604 Likes on 1,910 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
When confusion meets OCD.
I'd venture to say ADD is more likely.
Old 02-26-2019, 09:41 AM

We are all here to kill time and boredom I feel
Old 02-26-2019, 10:10 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by czirrfb3
We are all here to kill time and boredom I feel
Well there is some element of that certainly and there is plenty of topics/threads to do just that. One thing that makes this website great, is also the amount of technical information and people with vast experiences here to draw from, sharing their insights and ideas. Some members have been here 10-15 years and continue to contribute a lot to that effort. Simply adding to the cluttering for the sake of killing some time for yourself isn't going to always be well received. People actually more times then not come here because they are searching for something relevant to them.
Old 02-26-2019, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Well there is some element of that certainly and there is plenty of topics/threads to do just that. One thing that makes this website great, is also the amount of technical information and people with vast experiences here to draw from, sharing their insights and ideas. Some members have been here 10-15 years and continue to contribute a lot to that effort. Simply adding to the cluttering for the sake of killing some time for yourself isn't going to always be well received. People actually more times then not come here because they are searching for something relevant to them.
Searching in the "S2000 talk" section? Let's be real here. This is essentially a shoot the shit section. This site has many many specific sections for specific things. And if people don't like my silly topics they will get buried and disappear forever.
Old 02-26-2019, 10:48 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by czirrfb3
And if people don't like my silly topics they will get buried and disappear forever.
As they will. But every once in a while one will get resurrected from the dead. I'm going to unsubscribe now to make sure im not included when that happens

Quick Reply: Mileage anxiety