S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Need your help found a s2000.

Old 08-09-2018, 04:20 PM

Received 179 Likes on 138 Posts

As Hfreak has already noted, that 2004 car that you just posted about is a Suzuka blue car (this is a light blue color that almost looks like a cross between silver & blue. Honda sold a lot of S2K’s in this color as it seemed to be very popular back in the day. It’s generally less popular these days often making these cars some of the better buys out there. This car appears to be much more
appealing than the others you’ve inquired about and it’s obvious that the seller will take less than the asking price.

But this is an AP2 car (again as previously noted by Hfreak) and you seemed to be set on finding an AP1 car. When I was in the market to buy I was only focused on the ‘04 and ‘05 cars which were the first generation AP2 cars before the switch was made to the drive by wire throttle setup in ‘06. That made my options much more limited. But we don’t all have the same preferences. If you are sure that you would prefer an AP1 car then I’d recommend that you stick to your plan as you can usually find them for less money. But if you might be flexible on that front and this car is located near you then maybe go have a look at it. Not much to lose in that scenario.
Old 08-09-2018, 04:40 PM
Community Organizer

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

I have a 2003 and a 2006 currently, '04 or '05 will be next on the radar as they are the better version in some opinions. But I love them all!
Old 08-09-2018, 05:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck S
It's local, go look at it but it looks like my Silverstone car. Nothing in the Craig's listing about all original VIN tags intact. Hard to respray even a fender and retain them. Paint code in in one of the door jams.

-- Chuck
I called him to see it in person he said someone is coming to buy it. Wasn't my luck then. I am going to see another black one today I will keep you guys posted.
Originally Posted by WVCR-V
This ^^. He is so boring and uptight too. Why the hell would you buy a CR and put all that money into it and then just turn around and sell it for a huge loss? Why did he even want the car in the first place?
I totally agree with you. If I had that car I would keep it forver honestly. Especially knowing that there was so little made of the CR.
Old 08-09-2018, 05:27 PM

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sf...641886616.html

He said he is willing to do 8000. I am going to check for rust, and make sure all 10 vins are intact. I know mileage is a bit high, but if the car is clean and everything matches up I might consider it.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Hfreak
I have a 2003 and a 2006 currently, '04 or '05 will be next on the radar as they are the better version in some opinions. But I love them all!
That would be pretty cool to have owned cars representative of so many different “S2000 eras”. I’m more than content with what I have. I look at these cars as meeting some preferences better than others depending on the year model. While I might consider certain year models “better for me”, I do not consider any year model to be better than any others.

It would be cool if Honda were still making these cars today, But I’m glad that they at least had a decade long run. To me it seems that there remains something for everyone when it comes to S2K fans. I do have my own preferences, but I also have no doubt that I could have plenty of fun in any year model S.

Here’s hoping that the OP ends up happy with whatever S2K is chosen.
The following users liked this post:
rwds2k (08-09-2018)
Old 08-09-2018, 07:30 PM

Hey guys so I saw the vehicle, and it drove really really good. All stock except for the K&N intake. Even the radio Is OEM. The only con is that the radio door will not close. The front bumper, rear bumper, and right fender our missing the vin and have been repainted. The car itself drives very very good though actually better than any s2k I have test driven so far. Car has a clean carfax no accidents, even though the 2 bumpers and fender has been replaced. Brand new tires as well. He said he will do $7,800 for the car. Car comes with a hard top as well, as the soft top has a 6 inch rip. Another con I forgot to mention. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-09-2018, 08:42 PM

I have no idea what to tell you at this point. Is the hardtop of value to you? If so then that’s a nice bonus. I’d never have use for one as I only like to use the S during nice weather. I still might still get caught by surprise by the wet stuff every now and then so I would place a higher value on a soft top free of rips and tears.

I also wouldn’t completely trust a Carfax report. I wouldn’t have problems with what is actually listed on the report. But just because something does not appear on the report does not mean that it didn’t happen, for better or worse.
Old 08-09-2018, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by GuthNW
I have no idea what to tell you at this point. Is the hardtop of value to you? If so then that’s a nice bonus. I’d never have use for one as I only like to use the S during nice weather. I still might still get caught by surprise by the wet stuff every now and then so I would place a higher value on a soft top free of rips and tears.

I also wouldn’t completely trust a Carfax report. I wouldn’t have problems with what is actually listed on the report. But just because something does not appear on the report does not mean that it didn’t happen, for better or worse.
I can always fix the hardtop for 500-600 bucks, It won't be OEM but I heard autosdirect makes a good one!
Old 08-09-2018, 09:23 PM

Just bought the carfax I am happy I didn't buy it. 02/21/2015 159,271 Leon's Transmission Service - Reseda
Reseda, CA
818-345-8101
leonstransmission.co
m/locations.shtml
Tire condition and pressure checked
Transmission Rebuilt11/11/2015 156,156 California
Inspection StationPassed safety inspection
Passed emissions inspection

MILEAGE INCONSISTENCY
If you guys look in February 15 it had 159k miles so how is it that in november 15 it had 156? Very Suspect. I am so happy I paid 40 dollars for a Carfax report instead of just going with the flow. Always buy a carfax!