S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

New to the S2K world, first mods help

Old 07-13-2011, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OP, is your car an AP1? if so, there's many mods than can be done. for example, members like changing the headlights as well as the backlights to those of an AP2, at times even the front/back bumpers, in my opinion they are better looking. also, if you want to make your interior look better, you definitely have to get the silver radio cover, as well as the center console, and you can also add Clazzio seat covers that are priced fairly and look really nice. as far as performance mods, those are gonna be pricey, and you really wont gain much hp unless you go turbo/supercharger. as far as suspension, i'll let somebody else jump on this.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Harrower
Im not real big into the track or autocrossing. Nor do i ever beat on or hardly get on the car, so idk what all this talk about learn the car etc is about. Just wanted some opinions on some mods, that was all lol
That's unfortunate. You don't know what you're missing and it seems like a waste of an S to me but to each his own. You can drive the car as it was meant to be driven without beating on it.

In your case, it really doesn't matter what mods you do if they're just for appearance's sake. Go with what you like.

Im not going out trying to be on tokyo drift or anything lol.
The S isn't a good drift car. No one was suggesting drifting.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by takeshi
Originally Posted by Harrower' timestamp='1310433216' post='20769247
Im not real big into the track or autocrossing. Nor do i ever beat on or hardly get on the car, so idk what all this talk about learn the car etc is about. Just wanted some opinions on some mods, that was all lol
That's unfortunate. You don't know what you're missing and it seems like a waste of an S to me but to each his own. You can drive the car as it was meant to be driven without beating on it.

In your case, it really doesn't matter what mods you do if they're just for appearance's sake. Go with what you like.

Im not going out trying to be on tokyo drift or anything lol.
The S isn't a good drift car. No one was suggesting drifting.
A waste of car? Why? I bet must of us, including myself don't track the car and bought it for what it is, a precious well engineered car, that appealed to us. I know that I am probably missing out, but a lot of us have other hobbies besides cars, and maybe even can't afford the needs of auto crossing the S. I think it's dumb for you to say that since we are not tracking our car it is a waste, so now what? Everybody should track their car? If I buy a 4X4 F150 I'm wasting such truck because I'm not hauling anything or off roading on it? Please explain.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:06 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

I recommend the 'driver mod'

Good advice above. Welcome to the club and enjoy your car
Old 07-13-2011, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Fredster
OP, is your car an AP1? if so, there's many mods than can be done. for example, members like changing the headlights as well as the backlights to those of an AP2, at times even the front/back bumpers, in my opinion they are better looking. also, if you want to make your interior look better, you definitely have to get the silver radio cover, as well as the center console, and you can also add Clazzio seat covers that are priced fairly and look really nice. as far as performance mods, those are gonna be pricey, and you really wont gain much hp unless you go turbo/supercharger. as far as suspension, i'll let somebody else jump on this.

Its an ap1, i like the look of ap2, but to me its not worth the time or money to make it look like an ap2, i mean i like it how it is enough. I wouldnt ever worry about all that. And i have done a few things so far to it actually, just little stuff. I did my center console and radio cover in carbon fiber material that i found. Came out great actually, i planned on taking some pics and posting in the interior section to see what others think, my leather was worn and corners were off and around the shifter the paint was peeling so thats what even gave me the idea to begin with, idk if anyone else has done it before im sure, but i was pretty proud of thinking and doing it on my own. And can you change out just the heads/tails of an ap2 or do you have to do the bumpers also?
Old 07-13-2011, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by aashish2
I recommend the 'driver mod'

Good advice above. Welcome to the club and enjoy your car

Thank you sir