S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Official Is This Car Worth It Thread vol 3

Old 05-13-2019, 11:08 AM

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Sts
2007 LBP with 202k miles, brand new head,new top with bc coils. 11.5k worth it?
If it's the one in the Bay Area, California, and it's one that I've personally seen, then yes.
Old 05-13-2019, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by braytonia
2006 NFR 63,000 miles. CA car and bone stock with clean title and maintenance records. What do you think it is worth?

For me, it'll be $17k tops and the front bumper would need to be repainted. (I personally de-value the later years because of the electronic nannies, but that's just me)
Old 05-13-2019, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Needs some advice on my S2

I have a 2004 for which I am the original owner. I have only 16,000 miles on it. The car is in great shape, other than a few scrapes on the front bumper from a flat tire I got a few months ago. I really enjoy this car and would love to keep it, but my insurance for it is killing me as I have two sons on the policy as well. They can't even drive a manual transmission, but my insurance still charges me for their ability to drive it.

I was wondering if anyone knows any way to insure the car separately, maybe under some collector car insurance or something like that where only I, or my wife, can drive it, and maybe with limited miles annually.

Second option is to sell, and wondering what I could get for it.

Anyway, I would prefer to keep it if my annual costs weren't so much.

Thoughts?
Old 05-13-2019, 01:14 PM

Received 179 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Say Chi Sin Lo
(I personally de-value the later years because of the electronic nannies, but that's just me)
I understand what you are saying. Personally I try to avoid drive-by-wire cars but the reality is that has nothing to do with the value of the car as far as the market is concerned. For the benefit of someone who is looking to buy one of these cars it is probably best if I try to keep my preferences out of the equation when the subject of pricing comes up. While there are exceptions to every rule from a value / pricing standpoint, all other things being equal, the later cars bring more money. There are multiple reasons for this. I am not talking about collector cars with a few thousand miles where anything goes, but about the “regular S2000s” that people buy to drive.
Old 05-13-2019, 01:21 PM

Received 179 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffinla
I was wondering if anyone knows any way to insure the car separately, maybe under some collector car insurance or something like that where only I, or my wife, can drive it, and maybe with limited miles annually.
If you keep your S garaged and have other insured vehicles for the family to drive then contact Hagerty Insurance for some likely substantial savings combined with better coverage.
The following users liked this post:
jeffinla (05-13-2019)
Old 05-13-2019, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by GuthNW
I understand what you are saying. Personally I try to avoid drive-by-wire cars but the reality is that has nothing to do with the value of the car as far as the market is concerned. For the benefit of someone who is looking to buy one of these cars it is probably best if I try to keep my preferences out of the equation when the subject of pricing comes up. While there are exceptions to every rule from a value / pricing standpoint, all other things being equal, the later cars bring more money. There are multiple reasons for this. I am not talking about collector cars with a few thousand miles where anything goes, but about the “regular S2000s” that people buy to drive.
Fair enough
Old 05-15-2019, 09:41 AM

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffinla

I have a 2004 for which I am the original owner. I have only 16,000 miles on it. The car is in great shape, other than a few scrapes on the front bumper from a flat tire I got a few months ago. I really enjoy this car and would love to keep it, but my insurance for it is killing me as I have two sons on the policy as well. They can't even drive a manual transmission, but my insurance still charges me for their ability to drive it.

Second option is to sell, and wondering what I could get for it.

Anyway, I would prefer to keep it if my annual costs weren't so much.

Thoughts?
Check out MetroMile insurance as they are a pay per mile insurance. It seems like you dont drive the car much. Metro mile can give you full coverage starting at t like 30$ a month. Then for every mile you drive it adds between 5-10 cents. You record your mileage everymonth and submit it to Metromile, then you pay.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by patr_1_8
Hi, I'm looking at a 2006 Silverstone with Red/Black Interior in Canada. Comes with factory hardtop and front lip. Car has 51,000km (31700 miles), clean carfax and in very good condition including all original manuals and service records.. Asking price is $24,000 CAD ($17,900 USD). What do you guys think?
At least in the US that would be a steal in my opinion. Can’t find an AP2 with 32k miles for $18k without a hardtop, much less with.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:39 AM

Hi, I'm looking at a 2006 Silverstone with Red/Black Interior in Canada. Comes with factory hardtop and front lip. Car has 51,000km (31700 miles), clean carfax and in very good condition including all original manuals and service records.. Asking price is $24,000 CAD ($17,900 USD). What do you guys think?
Check for rust, but that is a STEAL. That's basically a new car.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:43 AM

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

My god if that car has no rust, that is a gem right there. Like Say Chin Lo said, check for rust, if there isnt any, buy it

Quick Reply: Official Is This Car Worth It Thread vol 3