S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Replacing your convertible top with a Robbins Top

Old 09-24-2012, 08:05 PM
Community Organizer

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by MuttGrunt
I'd like to take the time to quickly thank everyone that has contributed to this thread with helpful information and feedback (you all know who you are). I just put my order in with Seta over at Topsonline.com who was very friendly and helpful (and gave me free shipping for being from s2ki). In the end, I made the choice to go with them because while there are some cheaper options available for canvass tops, I liked that Robbins has a 6 year warranty, uses quality Haartz material, and is well known to make quality products. The money I'll save installing it with a buddy should be worth it in the end and I hope to update you guys on how things go.
I bought from them a few years ago. Went with the Robbins as well. Converted my '00 over to glass. Wish I did it years earlier! Great top and don't see any issues with it rubbing like the old top did.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great Write up.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by spammer66
Anyone know why the new top requires the 3rd bow to be inside of the velcro sleeve instead of outside. Is it a difference of an OEM vs aftermarket top? I recall my 3rd bar to be outside the sleeve and now based on this post and the pdf version it shows the 3rd bar inside the sleeve.

How I remember my top rear bow setup

Recommended rear bow setup

This is a pic from the PDF link of the rear bow
I was able to answer my own question after 3 attempts. My memory was correct. On a 2003 model with the glass, the 3rd bow will need to be exposed and not be inside the velcro sleeve. If the 3rd bow is inside the sleeve, the top of the glass will rub and rest on the roll bar. The top was also not streching properly and would not close until I corrected the bow to rest outside the sleeve. I would not have been able to complete this install without this post, so my thanks to the OP and everyone who has contributed.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:34 PM

Robbins tops is a great top for a honda s2000 top I would recommend this top to all of my customers. Comes with a three year warranty by a company that actually stands behind there warranty program. We install these top 2 plus times a week. Another great top in canvas materials or clothe is made by gahh.com they are the parent company of Robbins tops. I would highly recommend replacing the bow elastic straps during a new install.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:33 PM

I replaced my soft top using a robbins cloth as well. I have a question about those long straps on the corners of the top that are where the latches are when the top is closed. Do I just cut those off?? and there are also ones at where the door closes by the handle.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:04 PM

GREAT WRITE UP!
Old 11-12-2012, 01:55 PM
Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Prestigeautoupholstery
Robbins tops is a great top for a honda s2000 top I would recommend this top to all of my customers. Comes with a three year warranty by a company that actually stands behind there warranty program. We install these top 2 plus times a week. Another great top in canvas materials or clothe is made by gahh.com they are the parent company of Robbins tops. I would highly recommend replacing the bow elastic straps during a new install.
This is a great write-up for sure!

We've done about 5 installs for local SF Bay Area customers and think this is the best alternative to OEM soft top. These things do wear over time and this is a great aftermarket alternative.

It can be a DIY but this is a very time consuming job for sure and definitely not a walk in the park. We would rate this a 6-10 diffulty scale for someone who has never done this before.

If anyone in the local Norcal Bay area needs an installer, look us up!

We have some pictures of client cars but just have to find them in our camera if anyone wants to see....as recommended you defintiely want to remove the entire interior and covering up the trunklid area prior to starting to avoid scratches.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@euroboutique/videos
Follow-Us Instagram/Facebook: https://www.instagram.com/euroboutique/

Old 05-08-2013, 08:33 AM

I will be replacing my top soon =/
Old 07-08-2013, 01:31 PM

Just finished installing the Robbins convertible top after plastic window cracked on a cold morning (2000 AP1). This guide was invaluable. My only comment is that it took me wayyy longer than 6-8 hours...3.5 days (8 hours per day) was more like it. Yes, I made some bone-headed mistakes (i.e. putting trim pieces back in the wrong order, thus needing to take things apart again to redo properly) but still it took a while. I'd say 6-8 hours is for an expert/pro installer who does this often. But thanks OP for the guide. It's night and day better with a glass window. I'm pleasantly shocked at the clarity every time I look out the back with the top up! The cloth looks awesome and I treated it with Raggtopp Fabric Protectant before exposing it to the elements.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:21 AM

I just received my ez on top in the mail yesterday and will be starting to install it today. My one question is do I fully remove the old elastic straps and install new ones in the old location. Also not sure which bow to rivet the retrofit straps to.

Quick Reply: Replacing your convertible top with a Robbins Top