S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Replacing your convertible top with a Robbins Top

Old 09-12-2013, 07:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone tell me if I should be concerned about removing the SRS sensor from the drivers seat? I am reading elsewhere that if you unhook the wiring, and then turn your key ignition on, then you will make the SRS warning light go on and it will have to be recalibrated.

This post here tells you that you unhook it, and it also alludes to the fact that you will need to move the roof later on using the power roof switch...ie. turning your car on while the drivers seat is removed.

Help greatly appreciated.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:56 AM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

^^^If that's part of the instructions, i have a feeling it'll clear once you put the seat back in and turn the car back on. At the very worst, probably a disc/connect the battery to reset ECU/SRS system.
Old 12-15-2013, 03:59 PM

Received 411 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by Can2ski
Can anyone tell me if I should be concerned about removing the SRS sensor from the drivers seat? I am reading elsewhere that if you unhook the wiring, and then turn your key ignition on, then you will make the SRS warning light go on and it will have to be recalibrated.

This post here tells you that you unhook it, and it also alludes to the fact that you will need to move the roof later on using the power roof switch...ie. turning your car on while the drivers seat is removed.

Help greatly appreciated.
What year do you have that you have an srs sensor on the driver seat?

Originally Posted by rockstar143
^^^If that's part of the instructions, i have a feeling it'll clear once you put the seat back in and turn the car back on. At the very worst, probably a disc/connect the battery to reset ECU/SRS system.
If it actually is an srs sensor and the ignition is turned on (possibly just having the battery being connected) then you should not be able to reset the light without doing the srs reset procedure. It should not require any re-calibration though.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:17 AM

can someone tell me what size rivets I need for the elastic bands and for the rain guard?
I have rivets but they're small
Old 01-27-2014, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by s2kreepin
can someone tell me what size rivets I need for the elastic bands and for the rain guard?
I have rivets but they're small
These are the ones I used. Smaller ones didn't work for me.
Rivets
Old 04-30-2014, 09:04 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

excellent write up thanks for doing this!
Old 04-30-2014, 02:50 PM
Syn

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question for anybody running a Robbins top (or I guess any top) --

I had one installed last fall as part of a hail damage claim, but it's been very noisy at higher speeds and/or on windy days with the top up and I have no idea why. The noise is almost a creaking sound emanating from dead center of the top just to the right of my right ear. The sound is more or less constant. It's almost like something is either stretched too tight or perhaps sitting too loose and it starts making noise as it moves with high winds. It only starts making noise at speeds greater than 57-58. If I get over 70 it's guaranteed to make the noise; between 58-70mph it's hit or miss based on how windy it is outside. Below 58 it's silent.

If I push upwards on the top with my hand in the center it mostly goes away, but even then I can sometimes hear a much less pronounced version of the sound. The frame seems to align properly, it goes up/down fine, and the rear glass is not sagging at all and there's a good amount of space between the top and the roll hoops so I think it was installed fairly well...
Old 06-09-2014, 02:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

According to the Honda maintenance manual it states to remove the entire assy from the car then to replace the soft top with frame separate from car. Any thoughts? Pros con's ect
Old 06-15-2014, 08:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So I'm almost done my glass top upgrade, but I can't manage to get those bottom corner flaps in place. The top is too tight and won't pull down enough to even squeeze it over the corner completely let alone fiddle with the screws...

Any ideas? I'm almost tempted to cut the damn corners off but I know that's a bad idea.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:23 PM

Just picked up Robbins Stayfast 2540 from topsonline.com for my '04 AP2 they sent out the top with no instructions does anyone have a copy of them?

Not too sure if its even required for an '02+ model, or just limited to '00-01 glass conversions?

I also got 2 piece jiffy rivets in the package not same as what guys posted here, guess I'll have to find a tool to compress them.

I got 2 x shorter piece of nylon straps maybe 6 inchs long where do these go?

Quick Reply: Replacing your convertible top with a Robbins Top