S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Xviper has left the building

Old 10-05-2006, 04:42 AM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dave - I don't know what to say

Someone called you an asset, and I'll agree with that. I recall when dave22 had a problem with his car and you made yourself available on a Sunday to walk us through the issue - you in Canada and us in Virginia Beach - that was a long phone call. That was way beyond the call of duty, and there are a few of us in the Mid-Atlantic who will never forget it. And of course, everything you told us to do worked.

I've enjoyed reading your posts. I loved it when you decided to become the "forum jackass" to begin putting people in their places. You've saved me from having to be "that guy" quite a few times.

We're going to have drama from time to time - it is going to happen to all of us at one time or another. Whether it is with your spouse, friends, coworkers, or on a forum with your friends. Just because it is a forum it doesn't mean that it doesn't still hurt. Drama sucks no matter how right or wrong you are. Obviously some people don't understand that.

Dave is one of the few people without blue stars under his name who has given an overwhelming amount to S2Ki. I hope he changes his mind about leaving.

Nate,

I love your images - you're very talented I consider myself a photoshop guru, but have not really jumped into Illustrator yet - I want to. I understand when someone takes something you created and runs around with it like it is his own. It pisses me off. A signature I made a while back pops up from time to time under someone else's, and I PM that person about it - but that's about all I can do.

The Moderators aren't going to police whose signature is whose - we deal with enough already. I don't think the signature is the issue here. I think it more about a whole group banding together to gang-e-fight one person. Most of the e-gang is pretty young on S2Ki, and I looked at it as a bunch of freshmen wanting to throw out the tenured professor. It is a sign that the school is being over-run by thugs......eventhough the professor may have thrown a very early punch.....but hasn't a tenured professor earned that right?

If I had given on the scale that Dave has, I would be pretty upset if I were ganged up on too.

Can we act like this never happened and get on with life? I'm more than happy to make all these threads go bye-bye, and I'll leave that decision to Dave.

As for closing this thread. There are one or two people posting in here, who need to give it a rest. I think the people who have known xviper for some time will want an opportunity to say something to him.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for all you have contributed xviper. you were an asset to this forum and will be missed
Old 10-05-2006, 04:58 AM

Received 464 Likes on 396 Posts

Quote:"Haha, Canadian E-Thug, get the #### outta here with that. "Quote

If this is the kind of language,and behavior,that is encouraged and tolerated,on this forum,now I can very well understand,XViper's decision.!!!

Is'nt this Forum supposed to be S2K INTERNATIONAL??? or S2K SoCal???

Farewell Dave,I guess you won't be the last one to leave!!!
Old 10-05-2006, 05:03 AM
Community Organizer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO XVIP! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE SHITTING ME!

I can't take this.... first Steve, now you!?!? Things will never be the same.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:04 AM

I will miss you Dave.

Keep enjoying the car.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:05 AM

I see both sides of this argument:

Please refer to this thread for Nate's perspective and reasons for his adamancy:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...=358405&hl=sig

I think it is a case of XV reacting to a myriad of issues and this was the back breaking straw.

I hope he reconsiders, but in the end it is his choice.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:10 AM

Received 1,057 Likes on 540 Posts

viper has contributed more to the success of S2ki than any other member I can think of.

Good Luck Dave

fltsfshr
Old 10-05-2006, 05:16 AM
mav

Sad to see you leave, especially over something so trivial.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:18 AM

Wow, I really cannot believe this. When I first bought my S2000 I started searching the internet for a forums relating to my new found love. S2KI came up and I joined the forums. THE FIRST THING I did was read a number of Xviper's FAQs on how to change differential and transmission fluid. A week later I had my car up on jacks, confidently performing my own maintenance ahead of schedule thanks to the procedures clearly outlined by X. I love this guy, I think he was a great asset to the forum. Xviper was the rare individual these days in which there is such a thing as a stupid question, and he wasn't afraid to let you know.

I too agree that as of late the forum is being drug down by a lot of people who buy the car cheap and take the same attitude with it as their previous civic. They run on here, don't bother to search, and ask some completely obvious question that's been answered 1000s of times. A great example of this is to look at how many "what kind of oil do I use" questions have popped up in the Under The Hood forums in the past week. Each person basically asking the same thing.

I have also seen numerous occasions where someone would post an obvious question and Xviper would still post a response to help them. Sure, he might also let them know that their question would have been answered had they taken the time to search, but he helps them anyways. And instead of saying thank you the newbie OP will flame Xviper, still completely unaware of the time and value that XV has put into this site.

I am 100% with Xviper on this one. When putting anything out on the internet it is absurd to think that it will continue to remain "yours". Other people will find it, copy it, modify it. I think that was X's point all along, that no matter how much time or money this DB8 guy was putting into people's sigs, they still weren't going to be "safe" out on a public forums offering free membership to anyone that wanted in. Someone would eventually come along and copy it. The fact that the guy making the sigs was doing so with parts already owned and copyrighted by other companies just makes Xviper's point all the more clear.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:25 AM

Received 198 Likes on 138 Posts

Well, this sucks. XViper is probably the most valuable member here and his knowledge is priceless imo. Thanks xviper for all the great posts (and thanks for not deleting them), I hope you come back some day.

Quick Reply: Xviper has left the building