S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Xviper has left the building

Old 10-05-2006, 05:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Say is isn't so! You will be missed!

Your always welcome in my book!

Good luck to you X and thank you for all your help!
Old 10-05-2006, 05:43 AM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 90crvtec,Oct 5 2006, 09:18 AM
I am 100% with Xviper on this one. When putting anything out on the internet it is absurd to think that it will continue to remain "yours". Other people will find it, copy it, modify it. I think that was X's point all along, that no matter how much time or money this DB8 guy was putting into people's sigs, they still weren't going to be "safe" out on a public forums offering free membership to anyone that wanted in. Someone would eventually come along and copy it. The fact that the guy making the sigs was doing so with parts already owned and copyrighted by other companies just makes Xviper's point all the more clear.
I disagree. As a designer myself, I am protective of my work aka "intellectual property" and take offense when others rip it.

I think XViper is wrong on this one, however its very unfortunate that he decided to leave the s2ki community over something that in the grand scheme of things, is very trivial.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mav,Oct 5 2006, 08:43 AM
I disagree. As a designer myself, I am protective of my work aka "intellectual property" and take offense when others rip it.

I think XViper is wrong on this one, however its very unfortunate that he decided to leave the s2ki community over something that in the grand scheme of things, very trivial.
It just a signature. A signature does't do shit except pollute the forum and get in the way of easy reading. Now had it been a business logo, the story would be different.

Sorry to see you leave x. I can totally relate. This forum seems Honduh-tech bound at times.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:51 AM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

As a moderator here, let me just express how unfortunate I think this situation is. I think a lot of nasty things have been said which perhaps I should've slammed down on last night.

But, too late. My fellow mod, Poindexter, thinks we should leave this threaed open for folks to express themselves. Personally, I think there's been way too much "expression" going on already. For those of you who have just jumped on a bandwagon and are acting like trolls, you should be ashamed of yourselves. For the others who were actually involved in this "last straw" disagreement, I think you were *right* to take offence at xv's post because he got nasty, and I wish we could turn back the clock. But you guys really aggravated the situation by ganging up on him. I'd like you to take a coffee break or something and think about that.

Anyway, it was I who spoke with him before he made this last post, and I don't expect he'll read any of what transpires in this thread today. I think you guys should know that I'm personally upset by this whole thing. I will remind you folks of something that I try to live by... "don't post unless you'd say the same thing to a friend sitting across the table."

Best wishes.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:52 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Dude... you really shouldn't go. Just think of it in this way... If you're at a job and there is someone that you don't like or they don't like you or has a really bad attitude about something, you just make sure you don't associate with them or work with them on anything. If they decide to talk about you to others, those others will just see that they are all cry babies and have nothing better to do. That's exactly what you can do here... let them talk all they want cause you know what you like and what you think is right and if they have a problem with it, then they can complain about it all they want... but in your eyes, they're just wasting the energy that it takes to type it all out. By you leaving, you're letting them win and letting them control you. If you're only leaving because of what they have to say, then I think that's wrong.

You of a great help to us and that's all that should matter. You have all the proof right here in this thread that THE MAJORITY find you to be an awesome person and of great help. Let that small group of people think what they want. If they don't like it, then they don't have to read your posts.

What I'm trying to say is... DON'T LEAVE CAUSE YOU ARE OF GREAT IMPORTANCE ON THIS FORUMS!!!! People like you is what makes this forums one of the BEST forums out on the internet.

PLEASE RECONSIDER YOUR THOUGHTS ON LEAVING!!!!

Andre
Old 10-05-2006, 06:29 AM

Received 776 Likes on 466 Posts

xviper - You've always been a huge help to me and a boon to s2ki.

If this is truly your final decision, I'm sorry to see you go. :salute:
Old 10-05-2006, 06:39 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

xviper, dude, comeback. Who's going to be the sarcastic genious I need to go to for answers now?? Thanks for everything!
Old 10-05-2006, 07:08 AM

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Thanks for all your time and knowledge Dave.

Bill
Old 10-05-2006, 07:09 AM
Former Moderator

I knew a lot about the mechanics of vehicles before I joined this board. xiper definately furthered my education...... much appreciated.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:10 AM

What to say?

It was four years ago that I randomly stopped by a local Subaru dealership and, by mistake, found a Berlina S2000 that would spark my interest and quite possibly ushered me into the level of interest I have in the automotive world, S2000s, and consequently, S2ki.

I am not a "known" member on this forum. I don't even have a sig or custom avatar. I have, however, been addicted to it for all of those four years and hardly miss a day reading on the recent topics, mostly in S2000 talk and Car talk. I always told myself that I wouldn't post until I actually HAD the car, and I stuck with that. Ever since that first time I searched "S2000 forum" and found a hyperlink to "www.s2ki.com", there was xviper, first and foremost.

Some may take this as not so much of a big deal, but to those of us that have been here (or trolling mostly, like I) for multiple years, witnessing not only the informative posts that he so often puts up (look at his PPD!!) but his DIYs, how-tos, phone calls, talks at meets, PMs.... talk about someone giving a helping hand out of his own good will, not to mention to people he hardly knows, or perhaps that he will never know. Hell, I'm sure he recycles!

What I'm getting at is that I am the perfect person to express the amazing qualities of this person, for we have only exchanged a couple posts, but he is accountable for most of my accurate knowledge on this car, and I'm sure a good amount of that knowledge can be applied to other cars and therefore has given many of us information that is not only, like I said, highly accurate but will save hundreds if not thousands of people labor and parts costs! ANY forum should be so lucky to have someone even near the level of involvement that he has presented us; not to mention his good-hearted humor and the support he has shown to the people that run s2ki.

I know he will not read this post of mine, but I wanted everyone else to know that I express my sheer gratitude for xviper, for I am one of those perfect strangers that he had no idea he helped so much, so many times, so well.

It's sad that it has come down to something such as this to force someone of his magnitude to leave. I wish him good luck in the future, and THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

-Stu

Quick Reply: Xviper has left the building