S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Help Needed very odd S2000 problem

Old 10-14-2017, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Help Needed very odd S2000 problem

Hi all
I am having some very odd problems with getting the s running. Some time ago my ECU was stolen along with a heap of other stuff when the car was broken into. I purchased a second hand one to get the car going but intermittently it wouldn't start. The car would cough once then just crank. I suspected the fuel pump so I cleaned and checked it and ran a fuel pressure test. (All ok) I ran a scan tester and found no faults on the computer. I came to the conclusion that the second hand computer must be faulty. Eventually I got an AEM computer and all was fine after the car was retuned for the AEM. I have just fitted a HKS Supercharger kit and the HKS fuel system upgrade ( pump and injectors). Now the car will not start. The other night I changed back to the stock injectors and it started fine. AH HA thinks me the new injectors must be to blame. I had the injectors cleaned and tested and the report was that they are fine. I swapped the old injectors back in and now it will not start with those either. I am now thinking that the injectors are just a bit of a red hearing and there is some other intermittent fault that coincided with me changing back to the stock injectors the first time. I have checked the power feed to the injectors and this is steady at 12 volts but I am going to try and check this with the engine cranking to see if there is a high resistance in the power feed to the injectors that is causing a voltage drop when the injectors are attempting to fire.

Anyone got any other ideas as to what might be causing this. There is fuel pressure, The AEM is not reporting any timing faults and the intermittent nature does indicate a wiring issue somewhere. Also does anyone have a complete wiring diagram. I have searched the forums but can't find one.

Thanks
Paddy