S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Supposed to be a hose here? Comptech SC 56k beware

Old 06-30-2004, 02:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supposed to be a hose here? Comptech SC 56k beware

On the top of this black thing on the rubber U shaped "pipe?", there's a little nipple...is it supposed to have a hose attatched to it? I know I've flipped it around since I don't have that cold air box anymore...but just concerned that I may be missing something here. I'm just worried that there's supposed to be a hose feeding into here, from somewhere else.

Also, I know this is a broad statement, but I can't find this hose now that it's dark...but a few months ago when I installed my new fuel injectors, I noticed there was a hose all the way on the back of the fuel rail (it was coming from somewhere underneath the fuel rail...between the fuel rail and the firewall) that went into a T shaped plastic piece. The T shaped part was a bronzish color if I remember correctly...or dirty white maybe...but remember thinking it should be hooked to something. It stuck out (appearance wise) from any other hoses on the car...like it was almost transparent. It had a hose on one end, and a hose on the other, but the T part didn't have anything attatched to it. I would think it would need something there or they would have just used one continuous hose. When I got my new FPR installed, the guy noticed it and questioned it at first, then kind of mumbled something along the lines of "i guess it doesn't need to be hooked up since you have a BOV?"

I'm having a boost leak, and I can't find it to save my life! I'm really starting to think it's in a vaccuum line or something. I'm thinking it may be the piece I'm trying to describe in the paragraph above, but there are so many hoses I can't really expect someone to know what I'm talking about. I can't find it right now, so I'll try and take my fuel rail off again and see if it's hidden down there. I'll get a picture of it hopefully by the end of this week. I thought my BOV was leaking but it's not even functioning, which makes me wonder if the vaccuum line attatched to the top of it isn't getting enough pressure to help lift the little piston thing inside.

If anyone has ANY ideas at all on where to look for my leak...please let me know. It's not the BOV, and I've done a compression check on all my intercooler piping and no leaks there. I guess it's possible that it's the intercooler itself, but I'm thinking it's somewhere else. Any ideas at all?

Thanks, and I'll try and get a picture of this "random hose" that I'm trying to describe as soon as I can. I'm just hoping that the little T part might somehow give it away.

Dave

PS, I'm loading these pictures from my digital camera, but they're huge! How can I make them smaller (more reasonable than 3MB) to make it easier for people to load?
Old 06-30-2004, 04:45 AM

Here are the instalation instructions in PDF from Comptechs web-site, I remember these hoses but I don't remember if they were in the main instructions or the aftercooler instructions
good luck!
oh yeah, clean your engine dude
EDIT, there is a vacum diagram on page 3 that shows a 17 inch hose being routed to the bypass valve on the inlet tube (your picture)

http://www.comptechusa.com/instructions/ins072.pdf
Old 06-30-2004, 04:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bgbfflochp
I'm loading these pictures from my digital camera, but they're huge!
Old 06-30-2004, 11:49 AM

Originally posted by nzaizar
...there is a vacum diagram on page 3 that shows a 17 inch hose being routed to the bypass valve on the inlet tube (your picture)
This is definitely the boost leak problem. Although I don't know how it physicall works, the device is designed to sense a difference in pressure on each side (pre and post-supercharger) and keep the supercharger from producing boosted air when there is no (or light) load. Without one side always detecting the air pressure of the air in the engine bay it will never create boost.

The hoses on the intake manifold / fuel rail that you mentioned should have a T-tap that has a short hose and a small check valve, if you have the "old" Comptech system. It sounds like you're missing the check valve (and short hose) and if you get your boost working your car is going to hit a brick wall (fuel cut out) when you boost.