S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

VSA after Steering wheel Install

Old 11-02-2018, 12:10 PM

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by justind
Update: Well it is the position sensor however it wasn’t able to be reset and needs to be replaced - $600 out the door at Honda - ouch
Are you going to let the dealer do it?
Old 11-10-2018, 05:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I experienced the exact same problem several years ago. I also took it to a dealer and they told me the exact same thing (angle sensor needed replacing). I went ahead and borrowed a member’s HDS and found out that my angle sensor read 360 degrees instead of 0. I rotated the angle sensor until it read 0 degrees, reinstalled the wheel and tried clearing the code. No go, VSA and triangle still illuminated. I then took the car for a drive (after setting the angle sensor to 0 degrees) and after about 0.5 mile, the VSA and triangle light went out. I again read the code using the HDS but this time I was able to clear it. Problem solved.

The bottom line is that I was not able to clear the code until after I set the angle sensor to 0 degrees and rove the car. I wonder if the same applies to you. Seeing that you are near Seattle (so am I), I would be willing to meet up and put the HDS on your car to reset the angle sensor. Unless you were really rough when you installed your wheel, I highly doubt that the angle sensor is broken. I think that this is just another example of the dealer not being trained properly when diagnosing our cars. Let me know.
Old 11-14-2018, 07:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by apage
I experienced the exact same problem several years ago. I also took it to a dealer and they told me the exact same thing (angle sensor needed replacing). I went ahead and borrowed a member’s HDS and found out that my angle sensor read 360 degrees instead of 0. I rotated the angle sensor until it read 0 degrees, reinstalled the wheel and tried clearing the code. No go, VSA and triangle still illuminated. I then took the car for a drive (after setting the angle sensor to 0 degrees) and after about 0.5 mile, the VSA and triangle light went out. I again read the code using the HDS but this time I was able to clear it. Problem solved.

The bottom line is that I was not able to clear the code until after I set the angle sensor to 0 degrees and rove the car. I wonder if the same applies to you. Seeing that you are near Seattle (so am I), I would be willing to meet up and put the HDS on your car to reset the angle sensor. Unless you were really rough when you installed your wheel, I highly doubt that the angle sensor is broken. I think that this is just another example of the dealer not being trained properly when diagnosing our cars. Let me know.
i wish I would have seen this sooner! I had Honda of Bellevue replace it as they said it was damaged and couldn't be repaired. I might have been able to save $600 dang it