S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

AAA credit card.....

Old 02-01-2007, 01:23 PM

Received 5,116 Likes on 3,079 Posts

Originally Posted by Ulrich,Feb 1 2007, 09:50 AM
(Even farther be it for me to mention that Jet [aka Conoco] also has that facility).
Get any smaller and you'd be rubbing it in.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My current and on going story of suspiciously-bad-on-purpose customer service
Old 02-01-2007, 03:18 PM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Ulrich,Feb 1 2007, 09:50 AM
Heh. Far be it from me to point out that you should have filled up at the new(er) BP/Aral stations over there.

(Even farther be it for me to mention that Jet [aka Conoco] also has that facility).
Hey, I'm happy to get this info, Ulrich In some areas, I was just thrilled to find any gas station.....as I tested the 'empty' setting on some holidays and after dark. In Darmstadt, I had to drive 10 km towards the Autoroute to find any gas station that was open.

I recall seeing some Aral, but just never happened to stumble in.... I don't remember seeing any Jet/ Conoco
Old 02-01-2007, 03:20 PM

Received 2,860 Likes on 1,665 Posts

Originally Posted by HydnHood,Feb 1 2007, 07:04 PM

- In my opinion United Healthcare should be sued by every single company that have ever provided services to it, for systematic delaying techniques and every one that has ever had the displeasure of having them as a healthcare provider. It would be one rain-maker of a lawsuit for some a lawyer. All I would hope for is a better, more honest service.
We had them for a couple of years. The customer service was the worst I'd ever experienced with a health insurer.

Out of network claims would be sent in, and we'd call to check on it and get "We have no record of it." I swear they would throw the info away and hope you'd forget about it and pay the bill yourself.

Old 02-01-2007, 03:25 PM

Smile

[QUOTE=HydnHood,Feb 1 2007, 07:04 PM] My current and on going story of suspiciously-bad-on-purpose customer service
Old 02-03-2007, 09:10 AM

Received 1,104 Likes on 700 Posts

I have two stories, one recent, one several years ago. Recent:
I ordered call waiting, paid a 4.75 connection fee plus a prorata monthly fee. It doesn't work, so after checking with AT&T, they find it isn't available in our area. (WTF?) So I cancel it. They credit me the monthly fee but not the connection fee. I call again, the service rep has to talk to a supervisor, and comes back and says they will credit the connection fee but the total the difference of what I paid and the credits I ask for is tax and they can't refund that. I let that go cause it's only a few cents, but that is also BS, as they can get tax back, they just don't want to. And why do I have to request the connection fee in the first place?
Old story:
I go into a chain hardware store to return an item. Walk up to the return desk. The guy sees me coming, and answers the phone that starts ringing when I am 2 feet away. He also turns his back to me. OK, he's rude but I'll wait. I hear him explain to the person on the other end of the line that what they want is on sale and he can't hold it for them. They want to argue, he explains it again. Then he explains it the third time. Well when he starts explaining it again, I reach over and push down the button on the phone, hanging it up. He turns around and sees what I did, and before he says anything, I say "Now I've solved both our problems". He starts to rail at me, says "you can't do that", I say "I just did", ignore his rantings and tell him I want service. Which I finally get.
Haven't you ever wanted to do that? It felt good!
Old 02-03-2007, 10:09 AM

Received 737 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by HydnHood,Feb 1 2007, 07:04 PM
- In my opinion United Healthcare should be sued by every single company that have ever provided services to it, for systematic delaying techniques and every one that has ever had the displeasure of having them as a healthcare provider. It would be one rain-maker of a lawsuit for some a lawyer. All I would hope for is a better, more honest service.
Apparently they are pretty bad. I've noticed signs in my physicians' offices that if they are your carrier, you have to pay up front and get your own reimbursement. The physicians don't even file the claim for you. That's realllllly sad. We just had a little experience with an MRI and another in-hospital test so we assumed we'd have to get the greenlight from our carrier (Anthem btw). Anyway, armed with all the info from the doctor's office, etc., we made the call thinking we'd be on hold for at least twelve hours and pushing a million buttons to get to the right place. Nope, only one push of the button to get to the preauthorization rep, a two minute question/answer session and we're on our way. Neither test had to be preauthorized. I was shocked and quite pleased. Totallllllly different from other experiences of the worst kind.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Morris,Feb 3 2007, 01:10 PM
......paid a 4.75 connection fee plus a prorata monthly fee. It doesn't work, so after checking with AT&T, they find it isn't available in our area. (WTF?) So I cancel it. They credit me the monthly fee but not the connection fee. ........And why do I have to request the connection fee in the first place?
I guess that's why AT&T stock is up ~50% over the past 12 months

Unfortunately, I sold my shares a couple years ago....after it dropped like a lead balloon.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by paS2K,Feb 1 2007, 06:18 PM
I recall seeing some Aral, but just never happened to stumble in.... I don't remember seeing any Jet/ Conoco
Aral is the brand that BP bought a few years ago and converted all their own stations to (so you probably do not see any BP-branded stations over there anymore). I guess it was easier to convert roughly 900 sites to Aral then to convert 2200 sites to BP.

I am pretty sure you have see the Jet stations. They are the ones with the orange/yellow signs and with black writing. Typically, they are about 1 cent cheaper than the rest of the gas stations in their neighbourhood.