S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Another terrorist attack,in Paris...

Old 11-14-2015, 06:52 AM

Received 2,585 Likes on 1,566 Posts

I lived in Paris for three years when I was young and have been back a couple of times since. I was going to plan a trip there for the +1 and me for 2017. Not sure now I will. It is a lovely city and it is very sad to see these kind of attacks happening.
Old 11-14-2015, 07:19 AM

Received 4,930 Likes on 2,990 Posts

I love Paris, and not just in the springtime. It really hurts watching the news and hearing the reports. This was the last painting I did before the grandkids took over my art room. I can't imagine how any country can stop this type of evil.

Old 11-14-2015, 07:22 AM

Received 2,585 Likes on 1,566 Posts

Yes, as an artist, the +1 was particularly looking forward to seeing Montmartre. I'll think some more about it in the next few months. I have some paintings from my mother's house that my parents bought when we lived in France - scenes of Paris mostly.
Old 11-14-2015, 09:48 AM

Received 706 Likes on 433 Posts

What defense does anyone have against people willing to blow themselves up?
Old 11-14-2015, 12:12 PM

Received 696 Likes on 472 Posts

You are not safe anywhere or anytime these radical bastards decide they want to stage a terrorist attack. My heart goes out to the innocent people of Paris who have suffered through this unspeakable act of terror.
Old 11-14-2015, 05:07 PM

Received 3,361 Likes on 2,444 Posts

Originally Posted by Lovetodrive2000
Wonder when the world will wake up and do something about this threat to our society?

Feel sorry for France, and the people there, for what they went thru last night.
Maybe people will realize that you have to give up some personal freedom to allow the government to track down these bastards. The mining of telecommunications wasn't such a bad thing when you consider the alternative. They had a good thing going until the liberal establishment screwed it up.
Old 11-14-2015, 06:17 PM

Received 464 Likes on 396 Posts

^^^
You are right,Joey.
About time to get something done.!
Old 11-14-2015, 06:18 PM

Received 458 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by valentine
What defense does anyone have against people willing to blow themselves up?

Any person that works in the security industry will tell you that the hardest thing to defend against is a "nut case" with a cause.

It is beyond my comprehension to understand how terrorism advances one's cause. If someone can explain this to me logically I am willing to "listen".
Old 11-14-2015, 06:26 PM

Received 458 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KRAY
You are not safe anywhere or anytime these radical bastards decide they want to stage a terrorist attack. My heart goes out to the innocent people of Paris who have suffered through this unspeakable act of terror.
This may be the catalyst that will provoke me to purchase a firearm and apply for a "carry permit". As I cannot help but think, as in so many other cases, if people had the ability to defend themselves and protect others would the body count have been so high?.

I for one when watching CNN last night could not help but think that perhaps one of the reasons that the USA was not the target, is because of our second amendment rights to bear arms.
Old 11-14-2015, 07:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Matt_in_VA
Originally Posted by S2KRAY' timestamp='1447535547' post='23803589
This may be the catalyst that will provoke me to purchase a firearm and apply for a "carry permit". As I cannot help but think, as in so many other cases, if people had the ability to defend themselves and protect others would the body count have been so high?.

I for one when watching CNN last night could not help but think that perhaps one of the reasons that the USA was not the target, is because of our second amendment rights to bear arms.
I'm in Israel right now, having flown through Paris yesterday. There are security measures in place in Israel provided by my employer, but I'd rather have my own security measure on my hip like at home.

As I was explaining to somebody in the airport in Paris yesterday, depending on what sort of attack it is, a pistol might or might do you any good. But I think it would have served the victims in Paris well, given that it wasn't primarily a bomb attack. At least they'd have been able to do something besides scream and cower.

Quick Reply: Another terrorist attack,in Paris...