S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

The Art Lovers' Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm so damned colorblind I need a yellow S just to find it in the parking lot.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:39 AM

Received 2,585 Likes on 1,566 Posts

The +1 finished his Van Gogh and started on a horse head painting for his daughter. He painted a basic one in about 20 minutes. I was blown away. Will get pics soon!
Old 08-01-2007, 04:19 AM

Received 427 Likes on 311 Posts

I really would like to see the Van Gogh work.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:51 AM

Received 706 Likes on 433 Posts

Here are some things I've done over the years in an attempt to express myself artistically :

An oil painting of an old church in my town:

oil painting of my back garden gate:

Free style acrylic painting of irises:

Birds:

modernistic (I guess) simple face:

I also enjoy working with porcelain and crafted all these pieces by hand, fired them to bisque, then stained, glazed and refired:

Rose (it sits on an elephant table that I did NOT make)

Tropical flower:

orchid:

Dogwoods and a leaf bowl of petunias:

Old 08-01-2007, 05:00 AM

Received 2,585 Likes on 1,566 Posts

Very nice, Val! I really like the irises and the face.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:07 AM

Received 706 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky,Aug 1 2007, 09:00 AM
Very nice, Val! I really like the irises and the face.
Thanks, Deb. I hesitated to post any of this stuff because the other things on the thread are so much more sophisticated. I have several abstract paintings stored away that I really need to get out, get framed and hang somewhere. I really enjoyed going to the free-style painting days at the Art Club several years ago, but got too busy with other aspects of life to keep it up. About 10 or so folks used to meet on Monday mornings, paint to our little heart's content at the club or on the club grounds and then we had the benefit of cleaning up the messy brushes, etc. at the club instead of making a big mess in our own houses!! I should call some of the folks and see if they're still painting and when. It may be fun to pick it up again. Thanks for this thread and HURRY UP and post Vito's stuff. I'm dying to see it. I too LOVE Van Gogh's work. Anyone do any nice Monet-type stuff??? How about Munsch?? Perhaps a little bizarre/surreal Dali style art? Its all good.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:37 AM

Received 2,745 Likes on 1,620 Posts

I saw some of Val's work when we were in VA. How I wish I had just a tiny bit of the creative talent that so many here have.

Keep those pics coming, folks!
Old 08-01-2007, 06:53 AM

Received 4,930 Likes on 2,990 Posts

Originally Posted by valentine,Aug 1 2007, 08:07 AM
I hesitated to post any of this stuff
No reason to think like that. Good work Val.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:06 AM

Received 2,966 Likes on 1,651 Posts

Val, thank you so much for sharing. My favorites are the face and the dogwood in a leaf bowl. Don't you also make plates?

When my kids were in grammar school we used to go to a local lady's home once a week, with other moms and kids, and buy her bisque (?) stuff and put the glaze (?) on them. We'd pay her some measely amount and come back and she'd have fired it. I know I have the terminology wrong, but you know what I mean. My favorite thing though was a plain "bowl" with pink "marbles" that one of my kids made, just free form. I'll have to take a photo of it, along with my watercolors, today. Oh, I was going to say, when you made your flowers, did you have any problem with the colors coming out different than you had hoped for?

I just remembered that when I was about 17, I used to make house pots from clay. I still have some of those in the garage. I'll have to take photos of them too.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:23 AM

Received 2,745 Likes on 1,620 Posts

A little birdie told me I should post this. I think she thought everyone must need laugh.

I have no creative ability. This is my art project of the week. We had this placed on the side of the road during our drive this weekend. People got a chuckle out of it, so I guess they appreciated my artistic attempt. I know, it looks like my granddaughter did this, and that's really the story I should stick to.

Now, for the true artists here, you will note how NOTHING is proportioned properly. While I have no creative ability, I do like to laugh and can laugh at myself. Now you can laugh along with me at my "art" and my feelings won't even be hurt.

Time for more of the true artists to post their creations.

Quick Reply: The Art Lovers' Thread