S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Dealing with Comcast

Old 03-09-2016, 10:59 AM

Received 3,804 Likes on 3,029 Posts

When I saw the title of your thread the first thought that popped into my head was I f#@*ing hate dealing with Comcast they are just a nightmare.Their customer service is awful their equipment garbage and their prices are absurd. I even had a tech tell me that the boxes they use are basically junk right out of the wrapper.
Old 03-09-2016, 11:09 AM

Received 705 Likes on 477 Posts

Originally Posted by robb
When I saw the title of your thread the first thought that popped into my head was I f#@*ing hate dealing with Comcast they are just a nightmare.Their customer service is awful their equipment garbage and their prices are absurd. I even had a tech tell me that the boxes they use are basically junk right out of the wrapper.
I just had another wonderful experience with them. Had to replace a cable defective cable box and when I tried to get it activated the moron at Comcast couldn't do it. He said to leave the power on and he would call back in 1/2 hour. That was 3 days ago. Talked to another rep today and she got it activated with no issues. Wonder why they have the worst customer service? As soon as Verizon comes to town I am switching everything over, I already have my cell service with them and have never had an issue.
Old 03-09-2016, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by S2KRAY
Originally Posted by robb' timestamp='1457553550' post='23903634
I just had another wonderful experience with them. Had to replace a cable defective cable box and when I tried to get it activated the moron at Comcast couldn't do it. He said to leave the power on and he would call back in 1/2 hour. That was 3 days ago. Talked to another rep today and she got it activated with no issues. Wonder why they have the worst customer service? As soon as Verizon comes to town I am switching everything over, I already have my cell service with them and have never had an issue.
I have to unplug and replug the box in just about every other time I watch t.v. I've called and they just tell me well you need to unplug and then plug the box back in. I inquired about getting a new box and they said that I would either have to be home and meet the tech at my house or I would have to deliver the box to them at which their nearest location is 45 minutes away. I even asked if I could leave the box outside in the woodbin and the tech could swap it they said no I also asked if I could meet the tech on my lunch break they said no I asked if I could leave my house open for the tech they said no. Then I talked to a tech that I ran into on a job and he said it doesn't matter because the new boxes are worse than the one I have now. I'm hoping we got Verizon in my area.
Old 03-09-2016, 11:20 AM

AND when I first moved here I was paying 30.00 a month now it's 120 for one t.v. no internet, no phone, no sports package and the only premium channel I have is HBO.
Old 03-09-2016, 11:23 AM

And another thing I'm sick of clicking on the FREE movie section seeing a movie I like and then finding out I have to pay for it because I don't have the package that has the channel that that movie is on.
Old 03-09-2016, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by robb
And another thing I'm sick of clicking on the FREE movie section seeing a movie I like and then finding out I have to pay for it because I don't have the package that has the channel that that movie is on.
And those issues my friend are why I hate @$%&ing Comcast. Now just relax, pop open a brew and forget about em.
Old 03-09-2016, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by S2KRAY
Originally Posted by robb' timestamp='1457555002' post='23903669
And those issues my friend are why I hate @$%&ing Comcast. Now just relax, pop open a brew and forget about em.
LOL now I'm pissed off
Old 03-09-2016, 12:00 PM

Received 4,951 Likes on 3,003 Posts

robb, the reason the cable boxes are an issue is they just keep recycling them from one customer to another, so it's the luck of draw if you get a good one. Neither their stores nor their drivers carry new ones. I know because I've talked to both more than once. You might try removing the battery for a few minutes (if it has one) as that is the best way to get a total reboot.

I went from 2008 to 2013 without ever needing service. Then I went through a week or two of hell with them; I think the story is somewhere in this thread. I've now gone 15 months without issues.

You might want to go to their web site and price their stuff; it does sound like you are paying a lot for that 'package'. Local add on fees by cities, townships, etc. can make a difference.

I don't know why they are giving you such a hard time about swapping boxes. That doesn't sound right to me. Even my new one is being sent to me at no charge where it will be left at the door, and I suspect I can just put my current one in the same box and return it by mail...... maybe I should just send it to you; it's working good, I just want the ability to record 6 shows at the same time which X1 offers.

As for switching carriers, as others have said - they are all similar in bad service. I have a couple other options (AT&T, etc.) and still prefer Xfinity based on the stories I have heard from friends.
Old 03-09-2016, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by dlq04
robb, the reason the cable boxes are an issue is they just keep recycling them from one customer to another, so it's the luck of draw if you get a good one. Neither their stores nor their drivers carry new ones. I know because I've talked to both more than once. You might try removing the battery for a few minutes (if it has one) as that is the best way to get a total reboot.

I went from 2008 to 2013 without ever needing service. Then I went through a week or two of hell with them; I think the story is somewhere in this thread. I've now gone 15 months without issues.

You might want to go to their web site and price their stuff; it does sound like you are paying a lot for that 'package'. Local add on fees by cities, townships, etc. can make a difference.

I don't know why they are giving you such a hard time about swapping boxes. That doesn't sound right to me. Even my new one is being sent to me at no charge where it will be left at the door, and I suspect I can just put my current one in the same box and return it by mail...... maybe I should just send it to you; it's working good, I just want the ability to record 6 shows at the same time which X1 offers.

As for switching carriers, as others have said - they are all similar in bad service. I have a couple other options (AT&T, etc.) and still prefer Xfinity based on the stories I have heard from friends.
My kids have Verizon and have no issues with TV or internet service. If it ever gets to the beach I may try it, can't lose anything at this point. Of course I may be dead before it gets there.
Old 03-09-2016, 04:22 PM

Received 1,104 Likes on 700 Posts

I never liked Comcast but when we moved three weeks ago we signed up for Internet and TV. So far so good. One thing I like a lot, no searching for a tv show. Push the button and say the name and there it is.
My other choice is DirecTV and AT&T and I'll never use Uverse, and I had DirecTV for 20 years, and it started going downhill (the programming) after AT&T bought it.

I've been a Verizon customer for cell service only for at least 25 years. In fact it wasn't Verizon when I started with them. Have always been happy with them and their service.

Quick Reply: Dealing with Comcast