S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Foods you love to cook and/or eat

Old 10-13-2023, 02:20 PM

Received 1,057 Likes on 540 Posts

A little Asian influence fusion.

The following users liked this post:
zeroptzero (10-13-2023)
Old 10-21-2023, 05:58 AM

Received 2,692 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Had to wait two hours for our venue to open last night due to a fire, so ended up going next door to eat instead of eating at the venue. A place called Claire and Don's Beach Shack. Been around forever. Just had not eaten there. Wow, was it good. Had the special - blackened shrimp and fish over polenta with roasted Brussel sprouts and a side salad. Def going back. It also has live music outdoors under a tiki roof.

Last edited by MsPerky; 10-21-2023 at 06:01 AM.
Old 10-21-2023, 09:18 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
Had to wait two hours for our venue to open last night due to a fire, so ended up going next door to eat instead of eating at the venue. A place called Claire and Don's Beach Shack. Been around forever. Just had not eaten there. Wow, was it good. Had the special - blackened shrimp and fish over polenta with roasted Brussel sprouts and a side salad. Def going back. It also has live music outdoors under a tiki roof.
Damn I love when places serve good food over polenta, it is one of my favourite combos. I once had a braised beef short rib with it's basting juice over polenta and that was one of the best meals I remember having. yum . But my Portuguese wife detests polenta so I don't make it much at home, I think that is grounds for divorce but she doesn't agree. lol
Old 10-21-2023, 09:46 AM

Received 1,057 Likes on 540 Posts

Spinning a meatloaf this afternoon. Just put it in the Kamado.
The inside tray comes out and has lots of vent holes in it. Right now it's in at 275. I'll take the outside tray off in a bit after sets up a little and smoke it in cherry wood for around 3.5 hours.

robb (10-21-2023)
Old 10-21-2023, 12:18 PM

My wife's family is coming to visit tomorrow, I am making seafood pasta for them. Angel hair pasta in a garlic cream sauce with shrimp, salmon and scallops.
Old 10-21-2023, 01:06 PM

Received 956 Likes on 560 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
My wife's family is coming to visit tomorrow, I am making seafood pasta for them. Angel hair pasta in a garlic cream sauce with shrimp, salmon and scallops.
That sounds good!

Is your wife’s family visiting from Portugal?
Old 10-21-2023, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by buckeyesue
That sounds good!

Is your wife’s family visiting from Portugal?
Hey Sue, yes they are arriving from Portugal. They lived in Canada for 40 years and then they moved to Portugal a couple years ago, so they are returning to visit. My wife's parents are visiting tomorrow as well, they immigrated from Portugal many years ago but they still live here , and are located about one hour from us. With me being Italian they like my pasta dishes as they do not make very good pasta, lol.
robb (10-21-2023)
Old 10-21-2023, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by fltsfshr
Spinning a meatloaf this afternoon. Just put it in the Kamado.
The inside tray comes out and has lots of vent holes in it. Right now it's in at 275. I'll take the outside tray off in a bit after sets up a little and smoke it in cherry wood for around 3.5 hours.
My wife and I have been talking about making a meatloaf some day and for the winter months as good comfort food. Being of Italian and Portuguese heritage we never had a good meatloaf growing up from our families. We need to try making one some day soon.
Old 10-21-2023, 03:45 PM

Received 956 Likes on 560 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
Hey Sue, yes they are arriving from Portugal. They lived in Canada for 40 years and then they moved to Portugal a couple years ago, so they are returning to visit. My wife's parents are visiting tomorrow as well, they immigrated from Portugal many years ago but they still live here , and are located about one hour from us. With me being Italian they like my pasta dishes as they do not make very good pasta, lol.
Joey, I did not realize that your wife’s parents lived near you.

Sounds as if it will be a very nice family reunion.
Old 10-21-2023, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by buckeyesue
Joey, I did not realize that your wife’s parents lived near you.

Sounds as if it will be a very nice family reunion.
Yes my in-laws live in Sarnia Ontario, right on the Port Huron Michigan border, we live one our east of them in St Thomas Ontario. My wife's family is originally from the Azores islands, the ones who moved back to Portugal are on the mainland near Porto.

My wife's parents are in the process of downsizing and moving to an apartment so we have been going there 3-4 times a month to assist with the process, it has been quite the challenge. We were just there today, and I had to remove all of the illegal electrical wiring the old man installed in his house over the last 50 years. The house is being sold and they are having an home inspection on Monday, the home-made DIY electrical wiring job they did in that home over the years was crazy. I did my best to make it safe and clean.

robb (10-21-2023)

Quick Reply: Foods you love to cook and/or eat