Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Casual Lapping Track Events in 2019 ?

Old 02-07-2019, 01:34 PM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
Sounds good Nick, I'd love to see the camo up close and behind the tail lights lol. GB sounds like a better setup for what I'm looking for if my son will be joining me, willing to try TMP if it isn't too crowded on a weekday. I'll be in touch if the warm weather ever arrives.
if you want your son to get hooked on an s2000 I can take him for a few laps as well. Maybe you’ll get another one too!
Old 02-07-2019, 01:45 PM

Received 3,373 Likes on 2,452 Posts

Originally Posted by myflys2k

if you want your soon to get hooked on an s2000 I can take him for a few laps as well. Maybe you’ll get another one too!
lol, it won't take much to convince him. He does like the Integra too, not as much as the S2K though.
Old 02-08-2019, 05:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First time posting on s2ki, just recently bought an s2000, how do you register for the open lapping at cayuga?
Old 02-11-2019, 05:54 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Spazek02
First time posting on s2ki, just recently bought an s2000, how do you register for the open lapping at cayuga?
just show up the day you want to go with cash.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:45 PM

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Spazek02
you can save a little by going and prepay/prereg on the website for the sessions you want.
Old 03-17-2019, 08:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Integra GS-R is going to be used for some track lapping this year. I wasn't able to get it going last year due to some unexpected suspension issues. Turns out that the suspension delays were a good thing as I ended up doing a big brake upgrade with the suspension upgrades as I had more time to work on them. So the car will run better than ever. I will also have a WRX that could be used as well, but I think the Integra will be more fun.

My son will be lapping with me, so I want a casual lapping day event. A track that is not too busy and not over-run with serious track cars/racers. I don't want to slow anyone up or worry about over finicky track etiquette. I've got some track capable brake pads but I will be running street tires. I'm closer to Grand Bend Raceway, and Cayuga is a bit farther, both doable if the event fits. Weekends work better for me, weeknight lapping doesn't work with my lifestyle. I may have a test pipe early in the season until I can get a custom high flow cat built, so I don't want to be in an area where police may be out looking for street racers outside of the track like I've heard happening at some track events. I've got some older helmets from my track days when I used to organize events at Gingerman Raceway, but that was 15+ years ago. Outside of them being a bit dusty the helmets are out of date, so I'm not looking for a place that is strict about helmet ratings etc.

If anyone is organizing or attending some casual lapping days this year please post up where and when, thanks kindly for reading.
Are you a member of SPDA? They host DDT events and I'm an instructor usually (if it doesn't conflict with other events). They run a tight ship and its got plenty of good people and they weed out the idiots.

I don't think they've posted their SPDA ATTS track days yet but I'll let you know as soon as it is.

Also if you go to TMPs on a weekday, Mondays are best. It's virtually empty.
Old 03-18-2019, 02:50 AM

Received 3,373 Likes on 2,452 Posts

Originally Posted by LemonJus
Are you a member of SPDA? They host DDT events and I'm an instructor usually (if it doesn't conflict with other events). They run a tight ship and its got plenty of good people and they weed out the idiots.

I don't think they've posted their SPDA ATTS track days yet but I'll let you know as soon as it is.

Also if you go to TMPs on a weekday, Mondays are best. It's virtually empty.
Thanks for the reply, I am not a member but I could be if there are some benefits to running events like yours.. I will look into that, and thanks for the tip on TMP.
Old 03-18-2019, 06:53 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the reply, I am not a member but I could be if there are some benefits to running events like yours.. I will look into that, and thanks for the tip on TMP.
I highly suggest membership with SPDA if your son is interested into getting into more of the HPDE other than just open lapping at TMP. SPDA is not for profit and our goal is just to take racing off the streets and put it into a proper sanctioned event. It will also allow you or your son to run with Ontario Time Attack and such.

Also, the school I'm part of, Pinnacle Advanced Driving Academy, will be co-hosting TMP and DDT days as well. The schedule is up at:

https://www.raser.ca/events-1

PADA runs the marshalling and coaching and we weed out the idiots as well. PM if you need more deets!