Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

How To Proceed With Situation...

Old 03-03-2004, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How To Proceed With Situation...

Thank you guys for the feedback with the problems I'm having with the car. I realize that I'm stuck in a pretty sticky situation as there's no proof I can use to support my claim. Here's what I'm planning to do anyway:

-since the car still runs smoothly take the car to speedstar, which is fairly close to my house, and get a preliminary inspection of what the problem maybe. The purpose of this would be to get a sanity check because I'm going to take it to a dealer to get a quote on the cost of repair so i'll know what or what not to expect.

-take the car to a dealer and get a quote on the damage done to the car. I suspect they will probably have to take apart the engine and what not to find out.

-write a letter to both Ideal Honda and Honda Canada diplomatically explaining the incompetence of the dealer and the type of damage that my car sustained. hopefully (a BIG hopefully) they will admit fault and pay for the damages done to the car.

-if they don't admit fault, try to get the media involved (i.e. Toronto Star, Sun, City TV etc.)

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

This situation really sucks ass ... I miss driving my S....
Old 03-03-2004, 11:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

go to speedstar for an assessment if you wish, but DO NOT admit anything to the dealer.....

walk in and tell them the car is acting funny or making a noise or whatever....see what they come back with....

don't announce your "guilt" (for lack of a better word).
Old 03-03-2004, 12:01 PM

do that and media wise...forget it...its a long process you cant get them to just help you when other people who get conned out of homes and what not are around

if anything maybe try the "jacky" route
http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.p...threadid=188069
Old 03-03-2004, 12:17 PM

you got any mods on your car?
Old 03-03-2004, 12:18 PM

nimesh, you can be assured i won't admit anything. actually i'm going to stop by ideal honda after work and talk to them about it, see what happens.

sean, you're right, my problem is pretty small compared to what some other people have to go through. it never hurts to try anyway, nothing to lose besides some time.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:18 PM

From working at dealers for 18 years, I say drive it to the dealer don't "baby it". By the time you get it there the engine should really be noisey! DO NOT admit to anything!! Just tell them it started making noise a day or two ago and this was the first chance you had to bring it in. If the oil is fairly clean and the engine is not "sludged up",and if it is still under waranty they will have no option but to fix it.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:20 PM

fred, for internal mods i have a cold air intake, that's it. can they possibly use it against me? i mean, it's ridiculous if they do...
Old 03-03-2004, 12:20 PM

BTW way didn't hear this from me! Just a little inside info!!! Stick to your guns and make them fix it!! The noisy wheel gets the grease!
Old 03-03-2004, 12:22 PM

great idea, this is probably the simplest solution

if it works i won't have to waste my time with letters and diplomatic crap

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DD62/91
From working at dealers for 18 years, I say drive it to the dealer don't "baby it". By the time you get it there the engine should really be noisey! DO NOT admit to anything!! Just tell them it started making noise a day or two ago and this was the first chance you had to bring it in.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:25 PM

actually, after they assess the damage won't they get suspicious with fresh oil in my crank and see that my last oil change receipt was done 4000km ago?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DD62/91
From working at dealers for 18 years, I say drive it to the dealer don't "baby it". By the time you get it there the engine should really be noisey! DO NOT admit to anything!! Just tell them it started making noise a day or two ago and this was the first chance you had to bring it in.

Quick Reply: How To Proceed With Situation...