UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Dealer Damage - Lookers Honda (you Decide, I Already Have)

Old 05-25-2004, 02:30 PM

Received 625 Likes on 546 Posts
Default Dealer Damage - Lookers Honda (you Decide, I Already Have)

In April 2004 it had a scratch repair on the drivers door from a parking ding, again by Lookers.

After I got the car back in April I noticed an imperfection on the passenger front wing, on

further inspection it was rusty. I took this to Lookers Honda for an explanation. 'Car door

hitting your wing' was his first go. Unlikely as the damage is inside the wing. When I said

perhaps they had done it they claimed the inner cowling is not removed for a suspension repair.

This again I would doubt very much.

I went to Honda. They were not interested at all and just laughed on the phone! UNBELIEVABLE!

They said 'your problem, sort it out with the dealer'.. basically 'we don't give a flying f*#k!'

I went back to the dealer.. They said 'If you can get the AA to say the damage is down to us

we'll fix it'. I rang the AA. 'We don't do things like that sir'. Options now are I could pay an

independant to look at it or just get it repaired.

On the basis of the treatment I've received from Honda and Lookers I informed both I won't be

dealing with them again. Period. My advice. Don't use Lookers, they don't give a sh*t about your

car and may cause damage to it. They won't do anything if you don't spot it there and then on

collection. Also, don't use Honda if you expect customer service. These are just opinions but are

based on experience. I'll be looking elsewhere shortly to replace my S2 despite the fact its a

cracking car, the dealers and manufacturer are sh#t.

here are some pics:

http://www.trackman-engineering.co.uk/phot...oto/damage1.jpg
http://www.trackman-engineering.co.uk/phot...oto/damage2.jpg
http://www.trackman-engineering.co.uk/phot...oto/damage3.jpg
http://www.trackman-engineering.co.uk/phot...oto/damage4.jpg
http://www.trackman-engineering.co.uk/phot...oto/damage5.jpg
http://www.trackman-engineering.co.uk/phot...oto/damage6.jpg

Annoyed..

Old 05-25-2004, 02:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Nottm_S2
When I said perhaps they had done it they claimed the inner cowling is not removed for a suspension repair. This again I would doubt very much.
Sorry to hear of this issue but I can confirm that my strut was changed and no cowling was removed and I was there at all times to see how they did this. I do however hope it gets resolved for you.

I am not defending the dealership or Honda but I can understand why they might want it proved that it was they who caused the damage because if another persons collected their car and then had an incident they could claim it was the dealer. I am not suggesting this is the case for you but I would think a chat with dealer principal should hopefully resolve it or vote with your feet and go to another dealer in future.
Old 05-25-2004, 02:41 PM

Which Looker's Honda dealer in Nottingham are you talking about? Your tarnishing two of them there!

Hope you get it sorted though.
Old 05-25-2004, 02:46 PM

Received 625 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally posted by moff
Which Looker's Honda dealer in Nottingham are you talking about? Your tarnishing two of them there!

Hope you get it sorted though.
Lenton Lane mate.. the other one is near my house and that one near my work.
Interchangeable staff, but a bloke called Les works there and is the single biggest bullshitter in history.. used to give me cheap tyres mind.

I cant see how else the damage could be done. Look where that clip is too! I'd have thought they would meet me somewhere with the price at least but they didnt give a rats ass. As for voting with my feet.. done mate, I'll never spend my hard earned at any Lookers again.

On the suspension they replaced lots of bits.. there's a chance it was done in the crash but then they are at least partially liable for not spotting it, they're supposed to be fricking proffessionals.. but they're just twats...

Old 05-25-2004, 02:54 PM

Dings are always going to happen sometime, it's just some dealers are better than others in how they resolve the situation.

I had some wing dents appear after mine was in for work, and the dealer did pay for them to be sorted - but plenty customers must try it on with them, so it's a difficult position.

Best thing is to walk around the car (as some folk do on here - although I don't) with the service person before and after it goes in for work, so any problems are recorded at the time. Probably a good idea to wash your car before it goes in also - makes spotting any dings or scratches promptly easier.

I wouldn't give up on the car just yet - give another dealer a chance to provide a better service first.
Old 05-26-2004, 12:51 AM

Sorry to hear of your woes, don't sell the car because of a bad experience. Choose a different dealer and forget about the to$$er on the phone at Honda UK, he/she was probably just a temp!

Always get your car inspected for damage by the dealership BEFORE it goes in for any work, it is abit imbarassing but saves all this hassle.

Go spend a couple quid down a good bodyshop sorting it all out. Then enjoy the summer in the fastest couloured S around.

G
Old 05-26-2004, 01:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have spoken to Les and got no satisfaction. I would go and see Vernon the manager (nice bloke). Explain what the problem is, I'm not saying they will sort it but its worth a try. I have used Lookers for the past 4 years (on my 3rd S2) and no problems.

Les can be a bit of a prat some times, it depends what side of the bed he got out of, and if he likes you.

Dave
Old 05-26-2004, 01:55 AM

I completely agree.

Honda UK are tossers and were the last nail in the coffin for my S.

They are completely useless, dont care and could not give a sh*t.

Cant comment on the dealers as i have always used a trusted dealer, but from peoples comments they dont seem to be much better.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:14 AM

Originally posted by hazdjc
If you have spoken to Les and got no satisfaction. I would go and see Vernon the manager (nice bloke). Explain what the problem is, I'm not saying they will sort it but its worth a try. I have used Lookers for the past 4 years (on my 3rd S2) and no problems.

Les can be a bit of a prat some times, it depends what side of the bed he got out of, and if he likes you.

Dave
I turn up with a clean car and have it inspected and the only time things have gone wrong was when a tyre fitter (used by Lookers) tried to turn both my rear alloys into 50p pieces and I didn't spot the damage until after I'd left the dealership.

Lookers were very professional about it and replaced the alloys As such I still use them for servicing and they'll be my first port of call when I buy another one.

Having said that Nottm_S2, I can understand your frustration over this.
Hope you get it sorted and enjoy the summer with the car.