UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Door window trim

Old 08-18-2013, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door window trim

The outside trim on the top of my driver's door where the window comes out has developed a tear.Does anyone have instructions of how to remove and replace this trim?

Cheers.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:54 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I did this a few months ago. I bought that part from Hendyperformance for around £70. Easy job.

Take of the door internal rood card (3 screws), make sure window is down before disconnecting electric supply. to remove the old trim if you look directly down the internal part of the door you will see it is supported by several white clipper brackets. basically you have to break remove these to get the door window trim off. I did it by simply pushing a flat head screw driver into them until they snapped. Collect all the broken plastic parts from the internal part of the door. clip on the new trim. Job done.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:00 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's called a weather strip...should help when sourcing another. Buy new clips too...they inevitability break, even when being careful.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-19-2013, 09:18 AM

70 quid!!!! That's outrageous for a small piece of weatherstrip! Thanks for the tips guys!
Old 08-19-2013, 11:14 AM

Received 76 Likes on 63 Posts

You do need to break anything , as said remove the door cards and window down , then basically get hold of the trim wiggle it around a bit and it comes off , it's tight though and scary tugging the first one off. There might have a bit of a curve in them once off but they straighten fairly easily

I looked up the cost of the clips , Honda must have the most exensive injection moulded plastic in the universe. An way I didnt break any of the clips. The go back easily to. I found the other anti rattle rubbing strakes i the bottom of the door, rattling, took them out and forgot to put them back when i re-built car not sur eif they have any effect at all.

One thing i noticed putting doors back together and resetting everything, was that the screw in rubber door stops all needed adjusting to stop the door properly when shut. My doors allways seemed a bit "clangy" esp wndows down, sort the stops and things quieten down a treat. My son Toby Chippo mentioned that he had done this recently and found it made a lot of differeance not only to sound but also door fit on his car.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:41 PM

Cheers Chippo.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:19 PM

Mine is torn to and thought it would be an easy cheap fix. That's dearer than I thought for a bit of trim!

Dave
Old 06-14-2014, 03:14 PM

Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by CHIPPO
You do need to break anything , as said remove the door cards and window down , then basically get hold of the trim wiggle it around a bit and it comes off , it's tight though and scary tugging the first one off. There might have a bit of a curve in them once off but they straighten fairly easily

I looked up the cost of the clips , Honda must have the most exensive injection moulded plastic in the universe. An way I didnt break any of the clips. The go back easily to. I found the other anti rattle rubbing strakes i the bottom of the door, rattling, took them out and forgot to put them back when i re-built car not sur eif they have any effect at all.

One thing i noticed putting doors back together and resetting everything, was that the screw in rubber door stops all needed adjusting to stop the door properly when shut. My doors allways seemed a bit "clangy" esp wndows down, sort the stops and things quieten down a treat. My son Toby Chippo mentioned that he had done this recently and found it made a lot of differeance not only to sound but also door fit on his car.
Greetings from the other side of the pond. I'm having a bit of problem after putting my moulding on that it's not flush, causing too much water getting in there. You can see pics half way down this DIY thread:

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/108...#entry23203598

I basically have to take this off and see if there's some foam or something that's pushing it up from the inside. You said that you can just wiggle this off without breaking but you need to take the door panel off first. Is that correct? Did you use a flat head screw driver to assist? I'm trying to not spend anymore money fixing this stupid thing.

It would make sense to me that Honda didn't develop a part you need to break to replace...that doesn't sound very Honda-ish.

thanks!
Old 06-16-2014, 12:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If anyone has an old one kicking about could I have it...? Missing the end cap from my drivers door, don't know if some has stolen it or it's just worked it's way loose. I went to honda but they don't sell them separate... Happy to cover postage and some beer tokens if anyone has one. Cheers