UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Enging rattle between 2000-3000rpm on 2009 model?

Old 09-26-2010, 10:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cheers
Old 09-27-2010, 07:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bokkie,Sep 26 2010, 08:30 PM
PS little bird tells me there's someone out there with an 09 car who is on their FOURTH replacement short engine!

I love being called little, thanks Bokkie

OK Ladies & Gents lets get a couple of things clear, as I have said before NONE of the 09 engines have FAILED, all have been running, they may well have not sounded right but they all ran OK with no smoke or misfire. So i think engine failure meets, threads, etc are wrong.

Vinyl Wrap the car..WTF...Oh yes lets slate the dealer

Why do i have to read on a public forum that i have a car coming back again, am i just so last year thinking that phones, emails, texts were the current form of communication. You know the number, give me a call.

Right rant over

I have a couple of very good ambassadors on this forum & appreciate my details being passed on to other members who then PM for help & advise, i assure you all i will respond to the 5 owners who currently have concerns and have PM'd.

Right i'm off to try & scale what is now becoming a mountain of replaced S2000 engines in Parts that are being collected by Honda
Old 09-27-2010, 07:23 AM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

Any engine that requires authorised replacement by the manufacturer can be deemed to be failing.

If Honda didn't think the eventual outcome would be failure, they'd not authorise the replacement.

So whilst not a complete end of, bang boom bits on the road physical failure, it's still as good as one on the basis that if, left in place, that is exactly what will happen.

I rather thought Bokkies idea of wrapping the car was entirely to do with HUK and nothing whatsoever to do with the supplying dealer. In every conversation i've had with her about the car this has been the case.

By all accounts Matt Gibson needs either a new PA, a voicemail that tells him he has messages or the ability to check, read and reply to all his emails instead of just selective ones.

Old 09-27-2010, 07:37 AM

My point is that "to be failing" & "failed" are totally different things.

OK point taken on wrapping car,

Matt Gibson comments..that is shocking in my opinion.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Gaxxy,Sep 27 2010, 03:02 PM
Why do i have to read on a public forum that i have a car coming back again, am i just so last year thinking that phones, emails, texts were the current form of communication.

Right i'm off to try & scale what is now becoming a mountain of replaced S2000 engines in Parts that are being collected by Honda
That is all very well but shouldn't you be more concerned about WHY these engines have failed ?

I agree 100% with Fester, these engines have FAILED

very poor if either you as the dealer who has changed these engines or Honda UK do not know the cause yet

obviously not a prioriy
Old 09-27-2010, 10:02 AM

Being fair to Gaxxy, this is solely down to HUK!
Old 09-27-2010, 10:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gaxxy - seems you can't win I am afraid - the only dealer to step up to the mark and you are getting slated...come on guys, he is trying to help where others are sweeping it under the carpet - It's not a dealer issue, its HUK that supply the cars and should be bending over backwards to rectify the issues. As I have said before, IMO they have little intersted in retaining us as customers and the car is discontinued, so it's a relatively low priority - thats just business....

What do you think is getting more attention, marketing / building the CR-Z or finding out why S2000 motors are going pop...(well fizz at least before the pop...)

Put it this way, boy i'm glad i bought my car from Bristol Honda and they are only 10 miles away!
Old 09-27-2010, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by unclefester,Sep 27 2010, 06:02 PM
Being fair to Gaxxy, this is solely down to HUK!
and the dealer network is the public face of Honda

if he's got a pile of engines sitting there (and they have been for some time by the sound of it)

then that is simply not acceptable

if I had been unfortunate enough to have had a replacement engine in my car then I would not be happy

never mind a second, third or fourth engine replacement

the dealers (who will make a few quid by exchanging engines) and Honda need to get their fingers out

simple as
Old 09-27-2010, 10:25 AM

Despite the failures you have to have some sympathy for the dealer network - HUK don't seem to be extending them much of a line with this either.

It's probably a dealers worst nightmare because all they can do is keep diagnosing and keep replacing at HUK direction.

I'm quite sure Gaxxy would rather NOT have to be organising replacement engines, he'd rather be servicing happy customers and selling cars to new and old ones.

It must be quite depressing to have to deal with happy customers, never mind when they're on their 3rd and more engine, even the most optimistic customer will be ground down by this.

It has certainly clouded my view of Honda as a company.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:56 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by GREGSTERWIZ,Sep 27 2010, 07:12 PM
and the dealer network is the public face of Honda

if he's got a pile of engines sitting there (and they have been for some time by the sound of it)

then that is simply not acceptable

if I had been unfortunate enough to have had a replacement engine in my car then I would not be happy

never mind a second, third or fourth engine replacement

the dealers (who will make a few quid by exchanging engines) and Honda need to get their fingers out

simple as
What an stupid post.

Gaxxy and bristol honda have been the only dealer that's actually tried to help bokkie.

All they can do is fit the parts supplied by Honda.

Do you expect the dealer to be able to diagnose a fault that honda can't or won't and then somehow magic up an engine outside of the honda supply network without the fault that they don't understand?

Quick Reply: Enging rattle between 2000-3000rpm on 2009 model?