UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Enging rattle between 2000-3000rpm on 2009 model?

Old 09-27-2010, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lower,Sep 27 2010, 06:56 PM
What an stupid post.

Gaxxy and bristol honda have been the only dealer that's actually tried to help bokkie.

All they can do is fit the parts supplied by Honda.

Do you expect the dealer to be able to diagnose a fault that honda can't or won't and then somehow magic up an engine outside of the honda supply network without the fault that they don't understand?
I expect him to do his job !!!

not to come to an owners club forum and try to defend his product by stating these engines haven't failed

he would be better served dispatching these engines to Honda and seeking an explanation as to why they have failed rather than stockpiling them

I'm sure his customers would be much happier with that rather than having the joy of having another engine replaced

seems you are happy supporting a dealer who is happy to replace as many engines as he can

and take the money and run

Old 09-27-2010, 11:15 AM
Community Organizer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The facts speak for themselves. Bokkie's car has had more than one engine replacement. The cause of the failure is unknown. It is a fact that Bristol Honda have replaced the engines on her car each time and gone to great lengths to sort out the issues. It is a matter for HUK as to whether it will be forking out to investigate a mysterious fault that exists in a car that is no longer in production.

With all due respect, gaxxy is doing is job; and very well too. I cant see any evidence of Bristol Honda taking the money and running, I see the opposite.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by The Loon,Sep 27 2010, 07:15 PM
The facts speak for themselves.

With all due respect, gaxxy is doing is job; and very well too. I cant see any evidence of Bristol Honda taking the money and running, I see the opposite.
they certainly do

he isn't solving the problem and neither are Honda

some of the people on this forum may know Gaxxy personally

some of the people on this forum may be happy with the his customer service skills

some of the people on this forum may want to make a new friend

I have enough friends

and I really wouldn't give a rats arse for any dealer who keeps on replacing engines without pressing Honda for a diagnosis

I understand what a dealers obligations are (and the politics between dealer and manufacturer) but it is ridiculous to have 3 or 4 engine replacements in the same car

and if the dealer is happy to continue exchanging engines then he really isn't doing his customers any kind of service

Old 09-27-2010, 11:44 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by GREGSTERWIZ,Sep 27 2010, 08:36 PM
they certainly do

he isn't solving the problem and neither are Honda

some of the people on this forum may know Gaxxy personally

some of the people on this forum may be happy with the his customer service skills

some of the people on this forum may want to make a new friend

I have enough friends

and I really wouldn't give a rats arse for any dealer who keeps on replacing engines without pressing Honda for a diagnosis

I understand what a dealers obligations are (and the politics between dealer and manufacturer) but it is ridiculous to have 3 or 4 engine replacements in the same car

and if the dealer is happy to continue exchanging engines then he really isn't doing his customers any kind of service
So you merrily tell us what the dealer shouldn't be doing.

Why don't you tell us what he should be doing and how he should go about it?

It's easy to criticise. Less easy to actually come up with a substantive solution.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:50 AM
Community Organizer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

bokkie's unforunate example is the exception as opposed to the rule. How many other owners can you identify that have been in this predicament.

The engines were supplied to this dealer and installed in good faith. If there is any one at fault its Honda UK not the dealer.

If you are such an expert on the poltics between the dealer and the manufacturer perhaps you would care to enlighten us as to why you are of the view that due to the political relationship with Honda, Bristol Honda dont give a "rats arse" about this problem and are happy to continue to replacing engines each time at some cost to them and risk their reputation each time this issue is aired.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by The Loon,Sep 27 2010, 07:50 PM
us as to why you are of the view that due to the political relationship with Honda, Bristol Honda dont give a "rats arse" about this problem and are happy to continue to replacing engines which at some cost to them and risk their reputation each time this issue is aired.
you really shouldn't skim read

I didn't say Bristol Honda didn't give a rats arse

they clearly do, they are replacing engines and getting paid for it

I wouldn't have thought their reputation was at stake, they will sell many more civics than S2000

I have already answered lower's question in my previous posts

the dealer should be representing his customers and seeking answers from Honda, not just replacing engines
Old 09-27-2010, 12:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

............and this is why I don't hang around Toyota web sites. It's near on impossible to win in this type of situation.

So far as I know what Gaxxy has done over the last year or so this has been dragging on is above and beyond the call of duty. IIRC (and correct me if I'm wrong) there was something about him lending Gaspode his own car since HUK were giving him a $hitty Astra whilst the problem was resolved

I'll admit that some of what I'm about to say is an assumption but so far as I know they're general industry practice/definitions:

Engine Failure - Gaxxy is technically correct. Nobody has broken down on the side of the road from this and no engines have actually seized solid (i.e. won't turn over under their own power). Yes, left to carry on there is potentially the risk that it could fail. As far as a customer is concerned it is a bolloxed engine and they have almost as much inconvenience so it may well feel that way but it isn't a failure.

Engine Recovery - It is HUK's responsibility to manage the problem now. The dealer will be expected to do some rudimentary investigation (i.e. narrowing the problem down to the short block in this case). For a problem this significant the dealer will be expected to go through pre-approval. They'll need to contact HUK for them to approve the replacement. HUK should then decide if they want to recover the engine and arrange shipment back to wherever for investigation.

Engine investigation - Dealers do not have the technical expertise/level of information required to get to the root cause of the problem and countermeasure it. They'll be able to tell you the reason (knackered bearing for example) but are unlikely to to be able to tell you why it's knackered. They'll need access to precision measurement equipment (including temperature controlled rooms for accurate measurement) the manufacturing process so you can review how it goes together, engine test facilities to test any theories/countermeasures and all the records/examples from the above to work it out. Once it's worked out they have to establish the time periods/manifests and finally exactly which engines are affected. Once that's done they have to get that info into the field in a suitable manner for public consumption (once released to dealers any information is essentially public knowledge so for example to have to be very careful how to tell people what is effected before even more hysteria is created)

Gaxxy, please correct me if any of the above is incorrect and keep doing what you're doing
Old 09-27-2010, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Gaxxy,Sep 27 2010, 04:02 PM
I love being called little, thanks Bokkie

AND

I have a couple of very good ambassadors on this forum
Just for a change, it was another little bird who sung, Gaxxy - not you! (You have PM)

As far as the vinyl wrap goes, Fester is correct, this is in relation to HUK and is in no way a reflection on Bristol Honda. As well you know Gaxxy, I have throughout the debacle of my 2009 S ownership sung the praises of Bristol Honda and the marvellous Kevin & co.

I don't wish to hijack S2KStar's thread so any updates re Jenson will appear in the usual place.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:17 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by GREGSTERWIZ,Sep 27 2010, 09:05 PM
I have already answered lower's question in my previous posts

the dealer should be representing his customers and seeking answers from Honda, not just replacing engines
no, you haven't answered my question. You've given us the easy bit, ie do the job better.

You purport to understand the relationship between dealer and honda.

So tell us all specifically how Bristol Honda and Gaxxy should better represent their customer.

Or shut up and butt out.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by lower,Sep 27 2010, 08:17 PM
no, you haven't answered my question. You've given us the easy bit, ie do the job better.

You purport to understand the relationship between dealer and honda.

So tell us all specifically how Bristol Honda and Gaxxy should better represent their customer.

Or shut up and butt out.
let me think...............

i know, pick up the phone to Honda and ask some questions

it has been said before that you should speak (or type) on here in the same manner as if you were face to face with someone

i don't know you and you don't know me

somehow, i don't think you would adopt the same tone if we were face to face though

i have shown you some courtesy and i would ask you return the favour

internet warriors just don't cut it in the real world

Quick Reply: Enging rattle between 2000-3000rpm on 2009 model?