UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

gold members number plate bracket

Old 02-17-2014, 01:09 PM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by weatyGT
What Internet brands is it owned by? What do you mean by an internet brand?

I am a paid member of S2KUK. Ive had the card, letter, tax disk holder, sticker and business cards. :-) no uk plate holder though ;-) cmon S2KUK pull your finger out... get with it.... :-)

Is there an alternative option available to those who can not use the US plate holder? Do they simply go without? Its just good to know how we are catered for as you mentioned its a business venture and this is on an international scale. :-)

It appears very political to me... Dont want to tread on anyones toes... if they have toes.... some people dont you know! As a potential paying customer just would like others to let me know how it is :-)
Scroll down to the bottom of this page and there is a logo that says Internet Brands all is explained there.

Have you read the link that AE gave (it's the same one as I gave you earlier today)? Here is the whole thing, it's not really all that complicated:

What is the difference between S2KI and S2KUK?

Membership of these forums (S2K International - S2KI) is separate to membership of the UK S2000 Owners Club (S2KUK).

S2KUK (Club) membership gets you all the UK club related 'offline' benefits, funding and support for meets and events, monthly prize draw, dealer discounts, insurance deals, aftermarket part discounts etc... these are explained on the s2kuk site http://www.s2kuk.com

S2KUK Membership is available for £15 a year running from May to April and there is half year from November to April.

S2KI (Forum) membership gets the additional forum benefits - ability to post in For Sale, more PM space, custom avatar, etc.

S2KI membership is $20 a year and you can buy it by clicking the drop-down box next to your username at the top-right of your screen, and then select "Manage Membership". Direct Link

The 'Guest' or 'Member/Gold Member' Status shown on your profile here on the forum relates to S2KI (Forum) membership, NOT S2KUK (Club membership).

FAQ's

We have prepared this brief list of Frequently Asked Questions.

Q: What is S2KUK ?
A: The UK S2000 Owners Club (or S2KUK for short) was formed in 2004 as a distinct UK-centred owners club. Whilst much of the club's communication takes place via the UK forum on s2ki, it is a distinct and separate entity aimed at giving an identifiable public face for UK S2000 owners.

S2KUK is not designed to be an "either/or" club competing with s2ki. On the contrary, the intention when it was founded was to create something which was complementary to s2ki and to give a voice to UK S2000 Owners in dealing with Honda, dealers and other third party suppliers. S2KUK is designed to enhance the offline aspects of ownership.

Q: What are the benefits of S2KUK?
A: You can see all the benefits we have negotiated so far on the s2kuk website http://www.s2kuk.com under the Benefits section. They include discounts from various aftermarket parts suppliers, insurance deal, and discounts of up to 20% on parts and labour with selected Honda dealers for S2KUK club members. Upon payment of your membership fee you will receive a membership card allowing you to claim these offers.

Q: What is s2ki?
A: S2K International (more commonly referred to as s2ki) is a the name (and URL) of this international online website https://www.s2ki.com which is owned and administered by Internet Brands, along with voluntary help from other Admins, Moderators and Community Organisers.

The heart of the s2ki website is the forums, including a number of distinct regional and national forums. One of those forums is this, the UK forum. http://www.s2ki.co.uk

Q: So, what benefits does membership of s2ki bring?
A: As well as being a concrete way of putting something back into the community in return for the vast amount of knowledge and information on offer from the forums, membership of s2ki has certain benefits over guest accounts.

Basic membership offers the following benefits:
  • access to Members Only sections of the s2ki.com website
  • various forum permissions related to closing your threads or editing your posts, and ability to have a custom avatar
  • larger capacity of private messages
  • a personal Photo Gallery to store and share your digital photographs
  • Less ads on s2ki.com
Gold membership offers enhanced benefits:
  • a larger Photo Gallery with more capacity, 4 gigabytes, and the ability to share your images on the Internet including your eBay auctions, personal web space or other sites beyond s2ki.com
  • special recognition as a Gold Member on the s2ki.com website
  • EVEN less ads on s2ki.com
Q: Do I have to be a member of s2ki to join S2K UK or vice versa?
A: No, the two are entirely separate for membership purposes.

Q: So, do I need to buy memberships for both s2ki and S2K UK in that case?
A: You do not need to become a member of s2ki in order to use the forums - it is perfectly possible to do so by simply registering a forum name and using a guest account. You will not, however, receive all of the benefits which attach to paid membership of the site. Membership of s2ki costs just $20 for basic membership and $50 for gold membership, and has to be renewed annually.

To obtain the benefits of membership of S2KUK (as detailed above and in the Benefits section ), you need to be a paid-up member. It costs £10 to join S2KUK with each year running from 1st May to April 30th. There is also a half year option for people joining part way through the year. See http://www.s2kuk.com for more details.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tried clicking the internet brands logo but doesnt open up anything. No problem guys maybe ill go away now... . Ive read the blerb yes.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:30 PM
UK Moderator

Tried clicking the internet brands logo but doesnt open up anything. No problem guys maybe ill go away now... . Ive read the blerb yes.
Oops, try this http://www.internetbrands.com/
Old 02-17-2014, 01:48 PM

Interesting stuff.... liked to health sites.... cool thanks for that link. I work in health/fitness field.

I do get it. Just good to hear from other paid members of S2KI to see there view :-) remember there is no or very little convo on the s2KUK forum area.

I find it crazy that a benefit is to receive less adverts!
Old 02-17-2014, 01:55 PM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Interesting stuff.... liked to health sites.... cool thanks for that link. I work in health/fitness field.

I do get it. Just good to hear from other paid members of S2KI to see there view :-) remember there is no or very little convo on the s2KUK forum area.

That's fewer adverts not less..........And have you taken your medication, as your posts seem to make little sense.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:58 PM
UK Moderator

There is no S2KUK forum. http://www.s2kuk.com/s2kuk-forum.php

Paying not to receive adverts is hardly new and is no different to many phone apps, for example. You can either get the paid version with no adverts or get a free version and have some adverts.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:19 PM

I see, I thought this was where discussion took place.

http://www.s2kuk.com/member-discussion.php

They sign post to s2ki for forum, information, community however. Paying to reduce the amount of adverts just seems backwards in coming forward to me. Maybe im crazy.... the wife would agree to that. Lol.

Surely you want to provide adverts as a benefit as they may well be of a benefit to the user..... reducing them as a benefit sends the message of... Our marketing is random and rubbish please take no notice.... so when your a member youll receive less unnecessary marketing adverts.... maybe im wrong I don't know. Anyway moving on.... I think ill stay as I am for now with s2kuk membership and forum access without the additional data or access. :-)
Old 02-17-2014, 02:56 PM
UK Moderator

Anyway moving on.... I think ill stay as I am for now with s2kuk membership and forum access without the additional data or access. :-)
I think that's probably best, although please make sure you are aware of the buying and selling rules of s2ki (as a guest, you are not allowed to post in the For Sale Forum) which is the one that quite a few people fall foul of.
Old 02-17-2014, 03:11 PM

Im not planning on selling yet.... :-)