UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Honda Service History printout - cant tell me what was done!?

Old 03-01-2014, 10:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There was an absolute stunner of a berlina on this forum for sale. I was looking at the ad a few days ago and only the fact I already have 3 cars stopped me getting back into the S fold.

You need to find a car like that one; not nec the same low mileage but one that has a history and has been cared for. That way, when you sell, the sale is very simple. 'Yes' is a powerful word when being asked positive questions about a vehicle and its history when you come to sell. 'No, er, I don't have that but I can produce a list of parts I bought for it which I created on Google docs' will get most people thinking in the way you are now

Give the dealer the option to provide what you want. If they can't you have two choices, 1: make a very low offer that you are content with and understand you'll have this mess to deal with when you sell or 2: walk.
Old 03-01-2014, 11:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You pay over the odds price from a main dealer so that you get a FHSH but this doesn't have it.

Also, you say you prefer Moonrock to Black. So why are you still thinking of buying this?
Old 03-01-2014, 11:32 PM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Just checked the dealers website, my sister in law bought a brand new Civic typr R from them a while back it took them six weeks to get it to an aceptable standard, given a list with a number of issues it would go in and have only one fixed, time after time. their offer of a coutosy car was useless to her as she needed an automatic as due to an injury she needed an auto (whitch they Knew) and in her words generally slow and uninterested.

Just noticed the drivers bolster is pretty hammered down and could do with attention, it does come with a Honda "happy meal" warrenty some on here have been less than happy with those. And on reflection £10K for 60K mileage unless it was mint I don't think so, it's an in between number 45K not to harsh 70K too dear.

Last thought, turn up on a dry day unanounced so you can see the paint work properly.
Old 03-01-2014, 11:59 PM

Well they are saying it is FSHS as they have the print out which was done at Honda.

Yes I'm going to turn up on the forecourt one day this weekend to have a other look.

I did prefer moonrock but after seeing black I think I prefer it.plus I see the hardtop being useful in the winter.

Are there any members on here in the Berkshire area by the way?
Old 03-02-2014, 02:27 AM

What annoys me most about the Honda dealers selling these cars for top dollar is the fact that if they are aware of small holes in soft tops / swirls in paintwork which they are more than happy to sort for you before you buy the vehicle... then why the hell have they not done the work before they put the car on the forecourt for sale!
Old 03-02-2014, 02:35 AM

Yeah I agree. They must have known about the hole. They prob just think oh someone might buy it anyway.but buying from a dealer I'd expect better service and condition from their cars.they did the whole sales tatcis too.when I was talking to car sales guy some woman came over and interrupted to say we have just received a call who are very interested in the car if you like it buy it now lol. Then they left me a voicemail saying someone is interested but we thought we would give you first refusal..as of they would not have just sold it as soon as they had a buyer lol
Old 03-02-2014, 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by oli_d2003
What annoys me most about the Honda dealers selling these cars for top dollar is the fact that if they are aware of small holes in soft tops / swirls in paintwork which they are more than happy to sort for you before you buy the vehicle... then why the hell have they not done the work before they put the car on the forecourt for sale!
I agree

Main dealers are not immune to sharp practice, which is why you must agree on everything with them before committing to buy.

Don't believe the soft top tear will be fixed as they will just clag it up with a smear of sealant. The underlying problem will still be there and will further damage your roof in the future. (plenty on here about the torn roof syndrome)

Keep searching for the right one would be my advice.