UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

polybush compliance bushes

Old 01-18-2012, 10:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default polybush compliance bushes

Im in the process of polybushing my car with the polybush kit. This comes with replacement compliance bushes but reading through the forum there are a few mentions of this bush been too stiff and restricting the wishbones movement and also making the front end very hard. So, can anyone who's got the polybush compliance ones fitted give me some feedback on how they've found found them. Much as im reluctant to buy spoon/mugan ones to replace the new ones ive already got in the kit id rather do it at this stage than get them fitted, geo done and then find i need to swop them a few months down the road.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had the whole set fitted to mine for a month or so and can't say I notice much difference to how it was before, yes it's all a bit stiffer but I've also fitted a coilover set.. I wouldn't call it hard in any way
Old 01-18-2012, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by WinFreak
I've had the whole set fitted to mine for a month or so and can't say I notice much difference to how it was before, yes it's all a bit stiffer but I've also fitted a coilover set.. I wouldn't call it hard in any way
How free did the movement on the lower wishbone seem before you put it all back together??
Old 01-18-2012, 11:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by yorkies2k
Originally Posted by WinFreak' timestamp='1326959251' post='21331155
How free did the movement on the lower wishbone seem before you put it all back together??
It doesn't, when I fitted mine I had a he'll of a job moving the bottom wishbone down to fit the coilovers. Once fitted and the car is on the floor under it's own weight if you look at the compliance bush it's in it's natural stance. When the car is jacked up it looks completely wrong but under the weight of the car it is right, the idea is to allow the wishbone to go up and down but with no sideway slop which is exactly what it does.

Just fit them you will be fine, they are a Pig to press in, and get some copaslip on the sleeves/bolts. When I first fitted mine I made a balls up,on one I put the 2 cam adjusters 180 degrees from each other...because you can't really see the top cam adjuster, so just be aware of that.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by mr-pitts
Originally Posted by yorkies2k' timestamp='1326960819' post='21331177
[quote name='WinFreak' timestamp='1326959251' post='21331155']
It doesn't, when I fitted mine I had a he'll of a job moving the bottom wishbone down to fit the coilovers. Once fitted and the car is on the floor under it's own weight if you look at the compliance bush it's in it's natural stance. When the car is jacked up it looks completely wrong but under the weight of the car it is right, the idea is to allow the wishbone to go up and down but with no sideway slop which is exactly what it does.

Just fit them you will be fine, they are a Pig to press in, and get some copaslip on the sleeves/bolts. When I first fitted mine I made a balls up,on one I put the 2 cam adjusters 180 degrees from each other...because you can't really see the top cam adjuster, so just be aware of that.
[/quote]
Cheers
Old 01-19-2012, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you torque up the bush bolts with the car at ride height?
Old 01-19-2012, 11:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Si2k
Did you torque up the bush bolts with the car at ride height?
Who me??

Yes I did,I found the best way to do this is to jack the car upby the wishbone so that corner is under load, otherwise you struggle for room to torque the bolts up.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds good, its a thing some people miss. Just wondered why you struggled moving the wishbone - but makes sense now.