UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

S2k New Owner - Awesome. Plus:Warranty fixes - gearbox, rear window, paintwork etc!

Old 09-13-2001, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tyringe
[B]
They have swapped the roof catches so they are the correct way round but now I have to hold the roof forward to release the catches?!?!??
Old 09-13-2001, 10:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by AnDy_PaNdY

May be normal in an MGF, not a Honda. I just press the button, quick flick of the wrist (no comments please ) and voila.

I sincerely hope you get this sorted out soon
Sounds like my roof... I have take care getting the latches to unhook.

I undo the passenger side, unhook it, then hold the centre handle thing forwards slightly to let me unhook the drivers side. Easy, but did take a few goes until I was quick.

-Brian.
Old 09-13-2001, 11:08 AM

I don't need to tell you this but do not force it, take it steady it might 'bed in' better.
Old 09-13-2001, 02:39 PM

Hi,

I got Supaguard on my S2000. Depending on the level taken it's a coating applied to the paint work which takes 48hrs to cure. It's supposed to protect the paintwork and interior against damage.

I've got to admit that since getting my FIAT barchetta I've always got supaguard (which includes a leather Scotchguard protector) on my cars. The FIAT suffered from really bad stone chips. Every car since hasn't.....

Now Supaguard can't cover up existing damage and should only be applied from new.

If your car has doubious paintwork then don't get it applied...... It's only a protector not a repair.

For the anoraks out there (yep you Brain/AnDy etc... ) the depth of the coating is more than Autoglymn Super Resin/Super Gloss but I'd imagine after a couple of polishes then there's not going to be much left of the Supaguard.

The best shine I've ever got on any car is with Autoglymn Super Gloss. The front wings look so damn sexy....
Old 09-13-2001, 09:51 PM

Any of you guys out there are lawyers, and can give Keith some advice.

I still think that Fleet Honda are at fault and he has a (good) case for a total refund.

Look at it this way
1. Car paintwork has been subject to a bad respray,
and now they're trying to put a protective surface over the faulty paintwork. NOT respray properly, but COVER UP the faulty work
2. There are several other faults, not ones that, individually may occur unfortunately, on a new car, but a host of them ON ONE car.
3. Their fitting of the hood catches demonstrates just how incomptent they are - as does their work on the other items. You can bet that they tried to 'repair' all of them before selling the car, but couldn't even get thtat right
4.What other serious problems are still lurking there, ones that have not yet surfaced but will do a few months/miles down the line?

Keith........when they sold you the car did they tell you, preferably in writing, that the car had problems and list them - been in a shunt maybe - ? or did they say nothing? Did they intimate in any way that the condition was any worse/different to a new car. other that that it was ex-demo?

Over the years I've bought many cars, and before buying my S2k my policy had been to buy low mileage, 1-2 year old cars with a 3 yr warranty, i.e. let someone else suffer the initial depreciation. The last 6 or 7 were all XJ-Ss, only one had problems immediately and the dealer took it back without any prompting from me.

Again, I am truly sorry that you are having all of these problems....very hard to decide what to do when you are really wanting to get out there and enjoy the experience - but FH have a lot to answer for, and covering up very poor paintwork with a temporary protective shield hardly inspires confidence. It will get you off their backs - but it does not solve the problem, and they know it.

If you decide to keep the car, ok, but hammer them about everything and get a written warranty from them for a decent period to cover everything that could go wrong. i would also suggest a substantial refund to reflect not only your inconvenience but more so the true state/value of the car.

Good luck, whatever your decision
Old 09-13-2001, 10:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by awinskill
[B]Hi,

I got Supaguard on my S2000. Depending on the level taken it's a coating applied to the paint work which takes 48hrs to cure. It's supposed to protect the paintwork and interior against damage.

I've got to admit that since getting my FIAT barchetta I've always got supaguard (which includes a leather Scotchguard protector) on my cars. The FIAT suffered from really bad stone chips. Every car since hasn't.....

Now Supaguard can't cover up existing damage and should only be applied from new.

If your car has doubious paintwork then don't get it applied...... It's only a protector not a repair.

For the anoraks out there (yep you Brain/AnDy etc... ) the depth of the coating is more than Autoglymn Super Resin/Super Gloss but I'd imagine after a couple of polishes then there's not going to be much left of the Supaguard.
Old 09-13-2001, 11:04 PM

Originally posted by bmarshall

Andy - did the little bit of grass/muck on your front spoiler polish out okay? I'm curious what it looks like if you have to polish hard when a car is coated.

The rain washed it away