UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.
View Poll Results: Restrict The For Sale Forum To Members Only?
Yes
50.91%
No
49.09%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Should Non-Members be able to list items for sale?

Old 08-24-2004, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 08-24-2004, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle,Aug 24 2004, 08:58 PM
Might I just add, too, if i may...

The membership system has been down for the last 3 months, meaning it has been impossible to purchase s2ki membership up until a week or 3 ago. For this reason too, i think it was probably a bit harsh removing ads, if people may well have seen the value of the forums and decided to become a member.

Also one must remember that some of the members' priveledges are not fully bug free yet. There are still improvements being made to the Photo albums, email is being overhauled.. etc.
So WHAT?
Old 08-24-2004, 12:27 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I voted for the answer to the title of the thread.

If any non member sells anything on here to a member, non-member or even lurker then said person has benefited from the advert.

What used to piss me off was when we didn't have the for sale forum and twats would TTT their advert every day trying to sell their leftover tat (you know who I am referring to ).

I like it the way it is i.e members can also sell their non S2K stuff (tat).

(Which reminds me.......)
Old 08-24-2004, 01:01 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

I would like another option - which is that non-members can post an ad for say
Old 08-24-2004, 01:07 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Gad's last point.

We should have a membership drive (especially as the membership system is now fixed), I still think there are far too many Guests on the board, considering the wealth of information available on this site $20 is not a lot to pay.

I also think this should be a CO driven campaign, as they are here to look after the best interests of the www.s2ki.co.uk community.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:10 PM

So that's a Yes the Steven?

Gaddafi - Good idea. Maybe the poll should be done afresh as most of the higher IQ voters have fecked up and the results could be missleading?

You spell it out ... and

Permission to start a new POLL?

I know have a Poll, should we start a new poll...

If you think a new poll is a bad idea - Vote Yes...
Old 08-24-2004, 01:17 PM

I have voted yes for the reasons mentioned above by others.

I have gained a huge amount of knowledge from the site, but it only exists because of subscriptions (and some advertising). Only seems fair to encourage people to subscribe by restricting their FS posting.

It would also provide an element of comfort to buyers - a scammer is less likely to put something up on the FS forum if he has to pay a fee one way or another.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:53 PM

I've voted no - someone may have something that I want, and I'd prefer as a member to not miss the oppurtunity. I doubt that forcing people to subscribe will reduce subscriptions, so there is really not too much motivation to get upset by non-members posting ads. I do like the owner restriction though.
Old 08-24-2004, 02:01 PM
MrV

Ok Im not a member I own up to that ,but I dont have a credit card first and my good lady is member 2nd

I cant see a prob with non members selling S related stuff on the board ,but it gets my goat as much as the rest of you when they turn up post what they are selling than vanish never to return
Old 08-24-2004, 03:51 PM

Chris,
But Chris as a non member you wouldn't miss the opportunity? So why did you pay up?

The question isn't should Guests be forced to become members, this one's been done already and I have never suggested that they should, although people did suggest that I had.

But the many Guests/enthuse that post for sale in the forum are packing up to go. It's not like your missing a potential new member. They're just 'using' the board to get a sale.
And MrV has got it in 1, sell up and go.

I'm with Gad on this and if the Poll hadn't been so badly worded :doh: then the results may have been worth something. But at least it's got some discussion on the subject. Good or bad.
The last thing I want to do is deter membership, but I also do not want the board/company/ what ever to be struggling.

Rich you've beat me to it. A membership drive is a great idea. Maybe one of the first things for the new UK committee to take on?

Quick Reply: Should Non-Members be able to list items for sale?