UK & Ireland For Sale and Wanted Items for sale and wanted in the UK & Ireland
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: S2000 Track Day/Project Car (MY02)

Old 01-27-2019, 02:59 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
Default S2000 Track Day/Project Car (MY02)

For Sale:
Honda S2000 Track Day/Project Car

Due to a number of other commitments, I no longer have the time or motivation to continue with MY2002 track car. The car has 108600 miles on the engine, covering 35k miles in my ownership. It was virtually stock when I bought it, and I’ve spent the last 8 years learning about it’s mechanics, tinkering, meeting up with fellow S2K owners at Ace Cafe and other locations, and most of all, enjoying track days in it. It’s now stripped except the dash, half cage welded in, and waiting for someone else to give it a good thrashing. It has two keys and fobs, and the OEM alarm is still active.

As you may have seen from other threads, I’ve removed and sold a number of items from the car when it was heavily modded, but now it is time to sell the car as well, including some choice items that I have not removed.

In my ownership, the car was serviced only at TGM, Veysport and recently at Hendy Performance. The MOT is valid until 19/04/2019 and history can be viewed https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk

As well as the car and items listed below, I’m also including a spare boot, space-saver wheel, OEM toolkit, airbag and many of the panels (in various conditions). Many of these can be sold on if required, but I will have no need for them.

Good bits:
Monte Carlo Blue B66P paint
HKS Silent HiPower Dual Exhaust
OEM Suspension from approx. 40k mile MY2002 (recently aligned at Hendy)
Hardrace Rear Toe Control Arms
Spoon Wide Angle Mirror
Custom Rear/Half Cage (welded)
Luke 4-point harness
Buddy Club P1 bucket
Buddy Club Rail
Air-con pump removed (heating still in place)
Fully stripped except dashboard
OEM Hardtop with custom fixing kit
Spoon engine & transmission mounts
Spoon magnetic drain bolts
Custom baffle in OEM sump
Tegiwa battery stay & other engine bay bling
Spoon radiator hoses
HEL braided brake lines
Spoon Venturi 70mm throttle body
Spoon head cover
OEM alarm and immobiliser active
Mishimoto performance radiator
Mishimoto cooling plate
OEM discs all round
Competition Stage 2 clutch
Powerflex polybush suspension kit and all geo bolt free
PIAA 6600k LED rear plate bulb

Has been run solely on VPower whilst in my possession
Valve clearances at 106400
New spark plugs (NGK PFR7G-11S) at around 84k
Usually run on Castrol, Petronas and Millers
Includes many internal panels, spare boot, space-saver wheel, OEM toolkit, loads of receipts and paperwork over the cars history, original log, folder, etc….

Bad bits:
It’s a track car so it has battle scars. The bodywork and paint was never an issue for me and I ignored the scuffs, scratches and bad fixes on the paint as a distraction from the real fun of driving the thing. There is a crease in the front bumper which wasn’t fitted well, but I’ve not tried to fix. Boot has holes from wings but a spare I purchased is supplied.

Mechanically its a well-looked-after car and Tom @ TGM knows it well, but cosmetically it’s quite rough on the body panels. The OEM roof is still in great condition and I was temped to sell that separately, but this would make shifting the car impossible.

There is some rust on the sills (as per MOT) and arches. Plus some bubbles coming up in various places. It was the onset of rust that made me decide to make it a track dedicated car rather than the outlay to fix it all.

It’s standing on temporary tyres that were on my OEM 16s when I sold the 17” Enkeis. These are unlikely to be road legal and will need replacing.

Since removing the Spoon Monobloc calipers, the brakes are very spongy. I’ve only had passing comments on this so far, best case, its air in the system, worse case, ABS module/servo may need replacing. I scoped both secondhand for around £40 on fleabay, but with my time constraints I’m selling the car as is and price reduced.

All in all, its been a great hobby, and one that I am selling on cheap enough for someone else to pick up and enjoy for only a few hundred quid extra outlay. I can be seen running/driven but only by me due to the issues mentioned above.

It’s hard to price as quite niche and although well sorted, it’s quite scrappy. So I’m putting it up for £5000.

I’ll be updating my other FS thread shortly, but if any buyers also want the HKS supercharger, AEM ECU, fuel pump and 800cc injectors with this car (trust me a 380bhp S2000 on track is LOTS of fun!) then I am happy for part with the lot for £8500.

For any more info, contact me via WhapsApp on 07540 812611. Thanks for reading.

Pics to follow in next thread.

Last edited by CynicG; 01-27-2019 at 03:02 AM.
Old 01-27-2019, 03:01 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts